Guild Wars 2 Trailer Premiere!

Max, do you have any info on the beta? Schot was asking today on how to get into that. Any skinny on the inny?

No, I don't have any info on the beta expect what I told you in my previous post : The beta is going to be not long before the game release.

If you want, here's the link of the forum I read about Guild Wars 2 : FORUM

Max

• 4 months later...

It's been a while since the the last "real" news for the game, but today they announced the Guardian, some kind of warrior using melee attacks and magic spells. Go check it out :

Guardian

Max

Guardian remind me of some kind of Valkyrie character with melee combat and holy spells for support...kinda like the seraphim in Sacred 2 :) Excellent article on the holy trinity Max, thanks for finding it. Reads like that get me so excited for this game!

I have to stop looking at this topic till game gets here... oh well, here's another trailer I just got a look at today:

Guild Wars 2 Ranger Skills

After Sacred 2 I had come to love ranged, but so far, I've seen two Combat Arts in what's showing for the GW Ranger that I think are ...meh... and so far every CA I've seen for Diablo Daemon Hunter are perfect.

This is the first time D3 has won out for any ranged comparison tween the two up coming games, so not too bad.

:)

gogo

Being primarily an Elementalist from GW1 I am now curious how the different weapon schema will work and how the new dynamic weapon skills will change, say if an Ele uses dual daggers as a weapon as opposed to the typical 2H Staff or wand/focus combo. I keep checking for more footage/profession info like I'm obsessed. Funny thing is I doubt I will even get to play GW2, at least anytime soon.

:sigh: If only my pc would be more able.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

That is part of the reason why I won't be playing it anytime soon. My PS3 is my main source of gaming now since my computers are severely lacking in every department.

Being primarily an Elementalist from GW1 I am now curious how the different weapon schema will work and how the new dynamic weapon skills will change, say if an Ele uses dual daggers as a weapon as opposed to the typical 2H Staff or wand/focus combo. I keep checking for more footage/profession info like I'm obsessed. Funny thing is I doubt I will even get to play GW2, at least anytime soon.

lol, I'm with ya. I keep looking for new class videos all the time. Guild Wars makes good videos though, at least the Warrior ones.

I still think the GW2 Warrior kix the shinneez out of the Diablo 3 one

:viking:

gogo

• 3 weeks later...

Something you guys want to be mindful of skills are going to be big time weapon dependent. yes they have done away with the holy trinity I.e. Tank, Healer, DPS but each class has some for of healing skill and utility skill. Also some of the racial skills look really nice. and Gogo I seen the witch hunter for D3 I don't care fore them as much, as I would the ranger for GW or the upcoming GW2 since my main is a ranger. I just seriously found the witchhunter seriously lacking. Some of the video's I have seen of the ranger in demo play completely blow the witch hunter out of the water. another thing I like with GW2 is that they are doing away with the DP debuff you will have a set of skills called downed skills and if you are downed too many times and have no one to rez you you can pay a certain amount of gold to start back at a waypoint. but who knows what is going to happen in the next yr or so with what they decide to do. they have just announced that they plan on doing some small alpha and beta testing sometime this yr. So hopefully we will see this beautiful game in beta at the end of this yr and a early 2012 release date.

Time for more awesome :

Here's some Guardian videos from GDC 2011 :

Character Creation and Intro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tZ92v3WKD8

Gameplay (I had a laugh at around 8:00:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM_C4WqADFg

And they revealed a new class : the Thief. This class is looking fun, check out some Thief gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-38A3uk89k

Sorry I don't remember displaying youtube videos (didn't use it for a long time).

Max

I know...still a bit off. But Max, I'm glad you keep bringing us these teasers. The new Thief loox interesting, Is there any trailers for his Combat Arts like the other ones?

And if you want post a Youtube video, all you have to do is copy in the page's url, this forum's spiffy new software will embed it for you right away onto the page.

:)

gogo

P.s. I really like the way that different classes have synergy with each other's spells... like the way that an arrow got more power, or split by being fired through the wall? Impressive

The new Thief loox interesting, Is there any trailers for his Combat Arts like the other ones?

Not for the moment, the official website has not been updated yet.

Max

A lot of new stuff this week :

Today they talk about the attributes system : LINK

Tomorrow, they are going to talk about the crafting system and the gathering system, and I just can't wait to read more!

Max