Buy Sacred 3! - Officially Announced for Deep Silver

Llama8

Wishing Well for Sacred 3

Dear Community,

As Deep Silver confirmed today, they are now the owner of the brand "Sacred" and plan to create a Sacred 3 (working title) in the future.

This thread should collect community suggestions for Sacred 3. The ideas will be forwarded to the devs as soon as Deep Silver decides who will create the game.

What do you think, will Sacred 3 be like Sacred 2 or completely different? What would you like to have in the new game and what kind of game could you imagine?

Not much is said, other than that Deep Silver own the brand & are planning on creating S3.

As you said, not much information.

I would love to see a Sacred 3, but I would worry about Deep Silver changing the "flavor" of Ancaria. Wouldn't want my favorite game to turn into a FPS.

• Like! 1

Why would the expansion be lower priority? The new game is multiple years away in all likelihood (it's been announced now, meaning they plan it but haven't done any work yet I suspect, especially considering how long they've had access to the IP). The expansion is going to be the next thing all of us see, and for many I suspect will help determine if S3 gets as many sales as it might otherwise.

I posted this on the SIF:

I would strongly suggest a complete review of Sacred 2 and the upcoming expansion, analysis of the data and concentrating the efforts in this matter - not thinking about developing a S3 title. I can give you a strong idea for a plotline, quests, new races and everything in it, but there are more pressing matters.

It is improper to start thinking on a new product, which will be an upgrade to the last one if the last one has hurt the brand of the series, as it will seriously harm the sales of the new product.

Based on this I strongly recommend that the new organization commits its resources at improving the Sacred 2 brand in order to pave a proper way for an S3 brand. By improving I mean re-balancing the skills, considering adding caps to certain traits, and improving certain item traits, re-evaluating the quests, adding new content and providing a strong basis for a PvP system which many players (although I'm not one of them) crave for. If you can do this, the next Sacred title will have a good standpoint to start from.

Being an economics graduate with masters degree and having a significant experience in the matters of economics, management, and development of a product and its branding, I would strongly suggest sticking to this plan, provided you want to keep the Sacred title strong. It is no secret that the interest in this brand, based on its past 10 months is very, very low. Nobody wishes to purchase a brand that has proven untrustworthy in the future. It will most likely result in a lot of cracking and donloading the game from torrent sites which will additionally hurt the brand itself, as it cuts the revenue by a substantial amount.

As an economist, I can tell you one more thing, and I for one, hope I'm wrong - that this topic is an attempt to show the gamers that the Sacred brand has a future and thus modify the public behavior in a manner which will improve the upcoming Ice and Blood sales.

In order to form a strong basis for a brand you will need a strong product - and at present, sacred 2 isn't a product worthy of supporting. It still has numerous bugs, it still needs re-balancing, it still needs a lot of testing and improvement. So as I said - provide a strong standpoint for the Sacred 3 development and then work on it. I can provide ideas, plotlines and content for it, if you desire.

Thank you.

I can't say it better. If you waste the Sacred brand, few people will support the next one. They do almost nothing to re-balance the things and fix the bugs on this Sacred, but are already willing to develop the next one? Come on. And looking at the thread, it's growing and growing, and people wishing like crazy.

What do you wish for?

I would wish for a good game which has undergone serious testing before it's launched. Having like 10 beta-testers to work out the bugs and try out all quests and content will not cost much, but will optimize the product. Blizzard always does beta testing and still gets bugs and such problems. Ascaron did minimal beta testing and came up with a product that had more bugs than content. I hope they will learn this time.

Great news!

I have no idea what/ how they' make the third take on this game, but I'm delighted none the less.

So...do we cheer for Koch now or what?

:drinks:

gogo

p.s. and enough with the rats, and cats and bats...give us EPIC

That bit about beta testing Sacred 2...Look people put in the time to help out(more than 10 I would be willing to wager), and it really should come as no surprise Sacred 2 got released with past and present bugs. The game got pushed out the door before it was ready, pure and simple. I suspect Sacred 3 is to get people to forget about Sacred 2, but the ship has sailed on this series. I wish I could tell you what to look for on a new direction, but every one has to take their own path. Without all the faults of Sacred 2, I would likely have not started down the path of playing and recording older games.

Edited by DaveO
  • 2 weeks later...

well idk if any1 else saw it but on the sacred 2 site where they advertise sacred 2 expansion pack ice and blood, they have a news bulliten about coming already with a new sacred 3! im so amazed that they are going into that quick I mean they did an awesome job on sacred 2 and im sure the expansion will be awesome too! new character and map places! but a sacred 3 how cool! I cant even see what they could add! what do u all think? any ideas on what they may add. 1 can only imagine! :):):)

It will interesting to see how the game will turn out as I'm pretty sure there will be all new devs working on it. It might be a totally different style of game than what we are used to with Sacred 2.... maybe they will make it better with less bugs? :)

Sacred 2 & bugs: Since patch 2.43 I've only had 2 crashes to desktop. I got so discouraged with the earlier product that I stopped playing. And... I'm a big Ascaron-Sacred booster. So, imagine how the run-of-the-mill client would react to the game? Due to the forum here and SIF and Clan-DA, I've come back to the game.

The game has to be more bulletproof. So: given limited resources for development... it has to be planned to work. I suspect Ascaron reacted to "All the Dragons are the same"--more bosses. So, they put too many bosses into Sacred 2. Too many resources were allocated to create so many SUPER COOL bosses... so, resources were not left for play testing and balancing. Relying on the German market to super-help with beta testing is a cost saving measure... but not enough time was put into this aspect. The beta testing shouldn't include the German market as it has in the past. It hurts sales elsewhere when gamers KNOW people are playing and they can't 'cause their region isn't released yet.

So: I would have to say, S3 sure. But the game has to hit the market much more polished than it S1 or Sacred 2 were. (Fortunately for me, I missed about 6 months of the release of S1, so was spared 6 months of a game in dire need of patching.)

What do you wish for?

I would wish for a good game which has undergone serious testing before it's launched. Having like 10 beta-testers to work out the bugs and try out all quests and content will not cost much, but will optimize the product. Blizzard always does beta testing and still gets bugs and such problems. Ascaron did minimal beta testing and came up with a product that had more bugs than content. I hope they will learn this time.

I'd like to dispel a few rumors/preconceived ideas about this. As someone who not only was part of the beta but was also a moderator in it I can guarantee there were a lot more than 10 beta testers. More like 100's of them. The problem was that the game was sooo huge and to test for every scenario was a herculean and unattainable task given the time constraints we were faced with.

Are there bugs in this game? Heck ya, more than I like and several that really really irk me. It was simply this, the game was released before it was ready due to more than likely Ascaron's financial situation and the publishers' deadlines. The game is buggy and I wish we had more time to resolve them but when I see comments like this, especially if the person wasn't involved in the beta, it really upsets me. I busted my ass for 6 months (would have been longer but health issues came up) to make this a good game but unfortunately the beta testers/developers weren't given enough time.

Wasn't there an issue that they where broke? or was it just Deep Silver. Anyway if there planning its still far from release and then to know that consel users have to wait even longer then pc.

Also.. whern't they still working on Sacred 2 expanction?

Anyway still can't keep wondering what the result of a 3de Sacred will be, will they add ingame movies to let the stories come out more or will they finnaly make there quests less tent to get broken easy, these are more the things I like to see cause say it is not so but if I play sacred 2 then I have a feeling its just an expancion of sacred 1 with all its bugs and graphics just imported.

Then again... more graphics = new more expencive system = me having to gone sell crack or something to affored yet an other new system lol

Edited by arnomeke
What do you wish for?

I'd like to dispel a few rumors/preconceived ideas about this. As someone who not only was part of the beta but was also a moderator in it I can guarantee there were a lot more than 10 beta testers. More like 100's of them. The problem was that the game was sooo huge and to test for every scenario was a herculean and unattainable task given the time constraints we were faced with.

Are there bugs in this game? Heck ya, more than I like and several that really really irk me. It was simply this, the game was released before it was ready due to more than likely Ascaron's financial situation and the publishers' deadlines. The game is buggy and I wish we had more time to resolve them but when I see comments like this, especially if the person wasn't involved in the beta, it really upsets me. I busted my ass for 6 months (would have been longer but health issues came up) to make this a good game but unfortunately the beta testers/developers weren't given enough time.

With all due respect, Knuckles - we know each other for some time, we played together a lot, we had our discussions... I know you are a good guy. I didn't want to insult the beta testers, since I knew you were one of them.

However, if there was such extensive beta testing, why did it not provide a good standpoint for this game? The beta testers are supposed to check various aspects of the game and provide serious feedback. This means all skills tested, all CAs tested, all sets tested, etc. Not to mention that the numerous fixes were hardly tested at all, because some of them provided us with more bugs than fixed content.

The thing is that it wasn't the testers' fault. It was a management error. There should be enough allotted time to test and fix afterwards. Thanks to your post, I'm starting to see the big picture here and the numerous mistakes that were made during the development of this game. Well... I don't mind that actually... Even if that game had bugs, I found a lot of new friends thanks to it. And I think that is the greatest achievement of it all.

Edited by Dobri

Testing by itself doesn't really fix bugs, there are still just 10ish devs fixing all the stuff. Finding bugs might not be the problem here, some bugs are just higher priority than others for some reason. Add a time limit and you can see the result.

• 4 weeks later...

I just wish if S3 ever comes out, I hope they will get most of the good stuff from the first one and some good ideas from second to create something beautiful and then adding more new stuff over it. Or then create something completely different which doesn't remind of any other boring this type of game. I hope they take a look at diablo 3 and think again would we really want a 3d enviroment.. not really. It doesn't matter how the game looks if it's just badly desinged in the first place like Sacred 2 is.

Here, by Anca.

Not much is said, other than that Deep Silver own the brand & are planning on creating S3.

It would be better if the expansion was for the original SACRED. I feel pity for those(including myself..=>)who cant run SACRED2 on their OS..

Personally I am more piffed about the lack of info for the xbox 360 patch it's ridiculous, now, I'm not blaming ascaron they did their best and most likely would have had a patch for the game, they weren't out solely for there own interest.

I'm mad at deep silver because they are giving little to no info on if there is going to be a patch, sure they say that "external developers are handling it". but who the f@#$ are the external developers, and if so, when are we actually going to see it?

personally that statement seems like a loaded answer for "it's someone else s job, and it's up to them whether the really want to bother with patching the game".

on top of it all deep silver is totally not working with CDTV which handles the north American version, and what to we get ? a complete and utter mess.

Edited by elderago
  • 7 months later...

For me it'd be: More character customization (at least more hairstyles, maybe more skin colors, tattoo colors, eye colors, possibly male and femal versions of classes), a system to let you respec (too casual and vulnerable to exploitation? maybe, but after recreating my characters a couple hundred times...respec merchant), and more weapons like Sword of the Blood Dryads (I know there are plenty of unique weapons, but I like getting a unique weapon that looks cooler than my current weapon, rather than having better stats and looking bland). Oh and maybe unique mount summoning animations.