Buy Sacred 3! - Officially Announced for Deep Silver

Llama8

I would like better characterisations. I loved the grouchy old dwarf from Sacred Underworld with his disrespectful views. I could easily imagine him on a Saturday night, in the centre of a bar brawl, then staggering home with a bottle in each hand, singing lewd songs. It made him 'real' and helped me get into character. I remember I was devestated when my poor 'Wee Jock' died (killed by the lag monster). :)

However, despite being a brilliant game, the characters in Sacred 2 don't seem able to 'grab' me in the same way. It's fun developing them and playing them, but if they die then 'Oh well' I'll just build another one. They just don't engender the same attchment.

Edited by podgie_bear

I would like them to introduce some means of allowing clans on the servers or some way to benefit playing in a party. As it is, when you team up you get less experience so its more of a benefit to be in the same server, but not fight alongside someone. And this should extend to bosses. If you have a good toon with good gear then end boss can go down in 5-10seconds...hardly a challenge and when you party with a couple of people its even easier. There needs to be some way of making really epic boss fights for when we decide to team up online. And also for them to keep the same feel as the last two though...not to move away from the hack and slash rpg genre.

I like the idea some kind of clan benefit a lot. Like separate clan servers or something. Or clan lobbies, etc.

And some uber boss to take down with a 16 player team :P

And ofc the unique weapons and stuff that make the looting that much more awesome :D

And podgie_bear has a point too, a bit more character to the toons would be cool.

Better support and a stable game. That's all what I'm asking for. Since Ice & Blood and the bankrupt of Ascaron there is no support anymore and the game is as unstable as with the launch of sacred 2. When Ascaron still lived, they made at least patches to fix things and with version 2.34 it became stable. No more crashes or other unwanted things. Now with the expansion all is coming back; the crashes, broken quests and so on.

And no single patch that fixes the problems. Only some minor ones. It's like sacred 2 is already forgotten and deep silver just continue to the next one.

candesco, I suspect that's probably a business decision DS made. They have finite resources & can either push all of those into S3 (starting with a fresh slate, no legacy code, etc) or divert some (probably a decent %) into fixing Sacred 2 with no return (and it'd take longer than you'd expect to fix Sacred 2 since they'd have to hire a new team of coders who would need to familiarise themselves with the code before they even get around to actually fixing anything) and have a much reduced S3 (which everyone would complain about due to the reduced size).

Edit: And they can't just hire the guys from Ascaron 'cause they've all got other jobs.

If what you say is true Llama...do you think there is any way we can get them to acknowledge the hard work done by the CM team and allow something like that to become an official patch?

I'd like to see more variety with the quests (in terms of the tasks and rewards). Sacred 2 had some... interesting ideas, but a lot of it came off as "quantity to the EXTREME", and there was not a whole lot of incentive to deal with said quests (for a while anyway; things did get better towards the end, but it still felt poorly executed).

One example I can think of right now are the character specific quests. I was disappointed they left them out of Multi-Player and only let you do them in single player. I know that it'd be a "balancing problem" from a rigid standpoint, but it was fun to run into those kinds of situations when exploring. That or having quests that actually reward you something that adds to your character (I.E. Skill points, HP, attribute points, etc.) And yes, again... balance complaints can arise from such generous rewards. But there comes a time where balance becomes conducive to predictability and/or dull "play it in your sleep" game play that just requires you to be there at your computer/console to hit the start button (I.E. WOW). I feel ashamed to suggest mimicking Diablo when it comes to the quest rewards... but I honestly feel those quests do need something more to themselves besides random drops and inherent chance to find valuable decimal points.

The execution of the multiplayer itself was .... well disappointing to say the least. I'd rather they do something to keep the multi-player tied to the campaign world, but at the same time, provide more accessibility to other players who are not matched with you on progress. And of course, I think they should drop the "alignment" thing... unless they're willing to put in more characters who are alignment locked.

Also, and I know it's a lot to think about... but I'd love there to be more to character potential over the long haul. It was a little disappointing not to see a character unlock "hidden" combat arts and only have the "mastered" skills to look forwards. The skill mastery in itself was a good idea... but it got dragged too much for my taste (especially when they decided to get rid of soft point mastery).

And alas... making the game more understandable goes a LONG way. It was kind of fun at first to have the depth of mystery surrounding sacred 2... but there was just too much cutting around the corners and/or intentionally left out info that made the game seem more frustrating than it needed to be. I've always felt making certain things like the location of awesome treasure/shrines/empowerment, hidden weapon / spell combinations, hidden abilities, easier ways to kill monsters, etc were always good. But other things such as the almost useless enemy info menu or misleading skill explanations... or the seemingly random fluctuations in monster damage... ugh... a little more in-line help could've gone a long way, IMO.

I'd say more, but I'm thinking it may be better to wait and see something more concrete beyond what we know ATM.... and then have a more direct outlet to DS.

Edited by Cthulhu

I agree with a lot of what Cthulhu said, and that post gave me some ideas. For locked Characters (seraphim, Inquisitor) I think it'd be cool if there was a point in the campaign where you could change alignment (atoned Inquisitor, Dark Seraphim), as well as possibly being able to switch alignment with any character (would deal with the alignment issues, especially for indecisive people like me).

As for understanding the game, I don't care if they can't fit the instruction booklet in the box for Sacred 3, but it seems like reading the instructions should leave you ready to play, not confused/lost and looking for a better source of info (I know people often go to community forums for specific info on games, but they shouldn't need the info in said forums just to understand the game).

RESPEC: I like the feeling you get when you make a good build, but (for me at least) have of that is the sigh of relief I let out when I know I don't have to recreate my character, maybe this would open up exploits (take a leveling build for a while, then take a max damage/shopping/EP build at higher levels) but I'd rather have that than constantly wondering if I should recreate my character (or accidentally pressing the wrong button and taking the wrong skill).

I think more character differentiation would be nice (I always wanted my SW to look like the loading screen pic of the Shadow Path SW).

Oh and dual wielding energy pistols.

If what you say is true Llama...do you think there is any way we can get them to acknowledge the hard work done by the CM team and allow something like that to become an official patch?

I asked a while ago but they said no. :)

Shame... :(

A lot of good suggestions... I'll repeat some of them from my point of view, but here's in a nutshell:

1. More combat arts per aspect.

Honestly, I feel a bit like playing lineage 2 with sacred 2. Based on your char, you usually have only a few (2-3) spells/arts you usually spam to kill the baddies unless you delve into a bunch of aspects - but heck, Ice and Blood tried to promote single aspect play with that expert touch option... I would love to see more combat arts per aspect or at least better correlation between the aspects.

2. Improve usefulness or change the skills that are less used.

By this I mean Speed lore (although I tend to take it quite often for offensive builds), Spell resistance (who needs it when we have damage mitigation and unique spell resistance relics), Damage lore (great for casters, but usually in the second skill tier... not really productive), Divine Devotion (granted, testa's god spell is great with it, but hardly any other in my opinion) and, of course, Pacifism. People who pvp probably took it... They'll explain better how did it work for them.

3. Either make a good pvp or don't add it as option at all.

I'm not the pvp type, but I do like to make a sparring every now and then. Add duels for hardcore chars. In the duels you pvp, but the killing blow always leaves you with 1 HP and you lose the duel, rather than dying and losing everything.

4. Add clans that promote teamwork.

Add clans and clan skills - people in a clan should have a decent requirement to join (level, kills - in which 1 boss kill = X kills, etc.) and will level in rank in the clan as they play. Working and leveling in clans should grant bonus skills - like bonus HP, bonus CA regen, bonus attributes, and such.

5. Add clan quests.

Those will work like events. Clan get there, does the quest, gets the drops, everyone's happy.

That's for now :)

I've just seen this post today...

... Infinite lazyness of Sleep Silver....

Not motivating to continue to play...

Edited by Woody
What if I promise to find you a fresh server each day and fill it with poutine...

would that be enough?

Woody!

:D

gogo

p.s. :)

gogo

Thanks gogo :)

Maybe motivation will be back with the sun of Summer. :)

I hope there will be character specialation, but in a way so you can handmake your builds.

Kind of like in DDO where you got option to make ( not wery good ) pre made builds - or costumize. With chance of gimping your char ofcource.

And guild / clan activitys + raids or large groups vs über Bosses.

Thats the 3 main reasons I still find DDO funn.

P.S. I hope they make a servey program for S3, to hlp with bugs and addons.

Another nice thing from DDO - I got used too.

But I will definately buy & try S3.

I've just seen this post today...

... Infinite lazyness of Sleep Silver....

Not motivating to continue to play...

If it isnt funn gaming.

Then try find another game - just a thought.

There are endless games out there, my friend. Dont despair.

Edited by D-molisher

Yes!

Timo, we need a good thread about this! ...this was something I was thinking about...remember the gold build? Everytime you boffed something a gold bag would pop out of their head?

And instead of taking damage... you'd just pay out gold?

That was genius.

gogo

Yes!

Timo, we need a good thread about this! ...this was something I was thinking about...remember the gold build? Everytime you boffed something a gold bag would pop out of their head?

That was genius.

gogo

Remember? I had a Poison Mist D.E. stacked with the gold modifiers and split.

I would just hunt up a pack of zombies (lotsa HP and easy to gather, and slow so there was no danger) and just run around and wait till the spoils were on the ground between the big green piles of goo!

Ideal addition to a current Bargainer. :thumbsup:

Edited by Timotheus
remember the gold build? Everytime you boffed something a gold bag would pop out of their head?

But the first bit was incredibly bad for lag (and picking everything up individually was so annoying)...

Yes. This was the second best gore I've ever seen successfully in a game. Yes, there was the first most lag I've ever seen in a game... this should be worked on. STuff like this is what peeps want to see. Someone needs to make this happen for us.

:blink:

gogo

I hope for Google translate built into the chat window. I use Google Chrome browser (I know not everybody is a fan) and when I navigate to a German web site it automatically translates to English for me. Cool right?

So what if the chat window would do the same thing. then everybody could chat in their most comfortable language and we could all play with each other.

Furian and I have been in and out of German speaking servers on closed net all day and everyone has been very patient with us to try to use English so that we are included in the chat. (Which is soooo awesome! the reason I still play sacred and always will) and it just seems like we would have an even more incredible community if everybody was omni-lingual. *is that a word?*