Buy Sacred 3! - Officially Announced for Deep Silver

Llama8

That is an awesome idea loco!

Edit: Of course, you would then need everyone who writes anything to not make any spelling errors or it wouldnt work as well, still, it would at least give you the general idea. I have alt-tabbed to google translate when someone has asked me something in german ingame :)

Edited by Dragon Brother
I hope for Google translate built into the chat window. I use Google Chrome browser (I know not everybody is a fan) and when I navigate to a German web site it automatically translates to English for me. Cool right?

So what if the chat window would do the same thing. then everybody could chat in their most comfortable language and we could all play with each other.

Very interesting idea, though I'm not sure how much lag a translation engine in the S3 could would add... :) Either that or they pass the text through an external translation site/engine/etc & then pull it back into the game before displaying it in the user's set language (so I'd get it in English, Woddy'd get it in French, etc).

There is no google translation for my language ....

And I think that in 3-4 years we will be close to headphones and mikes instead typing in chat. And voice recognition is far easier for english than for german. And german is far easier than the stuff I am saying unfiltered real life....

I like what Dragon Brother and Timotheus are saying with the clan and 16-man boss that be very cool kinda like guilds in WoW but Sacred 1 and 2 are way better then WoW and so will Sacred 3.

-Shadow.

Edited by ShadowsNitemare
I like what Dragon Brother and Timotheus are saying with the clan and 16-man boss that be very cool kinda like guilds in WoW

And it'd suck monumentally for SP.

I like what Dragon Brother and Timotheus are saying with the clan and 16-man boss that be very cool kinda like guilds in WoW

It needn't necessarily be implemented in SP, more of an MP only thing maybe?

Yes!

Timo, we need a good thread about this! ...this was something I was thinking about...remember the gold build? Everytime you boffed something a gold bag would pop out of their head?

And instead of taking damage... you'd just pay out gold?

That was genius.

gogo

Remember? I had a Poison Mist D.E. stacked with the gold modifiers and split.

I would just hunt up a pack of zombies (lotsa HP and easy to gather, and slow so there was no danger) and just run around and wait till the spoils were on the ground between the big green piles of goo!

Ideal addition to a current Bargainer. :D

Hmmm, shame on you both. You made me think of Sacred 1 now. I've never tried this there - I wasn't much of a HC Sacred player back then, but it certainly looks like an interesting option to have some fun with.

I want that is Sacred 3 as well!

*starting to imagine a bunch of low-level radiant pillars and hoards of zombies and orcs droppin' gold and goodies like crazy when getting hit*

Dobri, set mechanics from old game were just insanely creative. :D

Take a look at SacredWiki, first game section and check out the modifiers on the sets.

We need stuff like this... stuff with some humor, that will bring out mirth for the next installment.

:D

gogo

Another thing worth nothing would be the ability to select the power of your own aspect skills. Right now, everything's fixed. I would really like to see some flexibility. For example:

I have 40k HP.

I hit with my BFG for 65k damage.

Enemies have 30k HP max.

Why would I want to hit for 65k? I would be perfectly satisfied with a 1/2 damage attack that will fire, say, twice as fast. The "best" thing that can happen to me is getting a random reflect and kissing my char goodbye.

Another option:

I have 30k HP.

Acute mind boosts my spell damage to over 100k and casting time is about 2s.

The boss has 400-500k HP.

Why not selecting the level of the CA you can cast/use? I would feel better casting 4x0.5s (quarter the damage, quarter the regen time) than 1x2s, because random spell/ca reflects won't kill me - and keeping a char underpowered because of that is very inefficient.

I doubt it's very hard to add such equation and such an option. It will greatly help the customization of the char.

Yes, be like taking on a 40 man raid dragon in WOW alone... and people wander past and see a scorch mark on earth and go, That is all that remains of Colif. At least he tried.

Better graphics but they need to scale to older machines too. Sacred 2 had great graphics, if you could afford the graphics card and pc to make it run smooth.

I want no bugs but then I live in a dream world where games are released perfect and without the benefit of being able to patch everything after release. SO sick of playing betas

Edited by colif
  • 2 weeks later...
Yes!

Timo, we need a good thread about this! ...this was something I was thinking about...remember the gold build? Everytime you boffed something a gold bag would pop out of their head?

And instead of taking damage... you'd just pay out gold?

That was genius.

gogo

You're making me recall the "Star Spawn of Cthulhu" character I threw in the Sacred 2 "Wishing Well" a while ago. Much of the character's CAs were built around making enemies go insane (and exploiting said insanity) or casting weird buffs that made the Star Spawn unleash a huge attack upon dying or playing dead. Oh, and of course... it had some CAs that revolved around eating enemies.

For some reason I always found the site of enemies running off and doing stupid crap very amusing. Seems to be a shame there wasn't much utilization of lunacy in Sacred 2 beyond good ol' "fear" and the Inquisitor's "Mortifying Pillory" debuff... if that even counts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry if these have been mentioned before:

An option to have a wingless Seraphim

All classes from Sacred 1 & 2 included

More character customization, such as eye colors for the seraphim, or hair types in geneal

item damage - the more you use something the weaker it gets - if it breaks its gone for good(prevents someone from spamming a particular weapon)

A low level set with respectable stats and bounses, unlocked piece by piece via a chain quest that can be acquired from the game start(esentially giving a level 1 character a set of level 5 equipment) - but all creatues also are bumped to level 5 to compensate(level 5 is just an example)

I cant think of anymore right now - opinions?

Not sure if this has been posted but, I would like to them to have generic skills to all classes, like the TG able to pick Magic Staff and Ancient Magic skill.

Also liked the S1 characters more, Sacred 2's character seems to be more bland. Like I think the dryad is a step down from the Wood elf, the dryad's CA seem so much more plain. A hard hit CA, a multi-hit CA... so plain, The WE had Spider arrow, which was funny seeing enemies panic and the looping Arrow CA. If the Game is going to be a grind make it more fun, and not so plain.

I like the customization factor of the CA mods, so maybe give more mod options or something.

Fast Comments.

When exiting a game you go back automatically to the lobby.

Row of buttons for Alchemy elements.

Another character class.

15 Skill slots and 350 level ability with a "Godly" level after Niobium.

A sever closer to myself servicing this area of the world, the Asia pacific :woot: , or Skylab :D

I just wish if S3 ever comes out, I hope they will get most of the good stuff from the first one and some good ideas from second to create something beautiful and then adding more new stuff over it.

I'm with you on that. There are huge critical errors made with this game.

Two off the top of my head...splitting the communities and NOT telling peeps before they bought the game... this was devestating to us. A great many of our members when they bought the game all of a sudden found out they were stuck in strange servers and we could not play with them.

As well...the entire idea of not being able to play a toon online with all other toons because of alignment choice.

What were they thinking?

gogo

As well...the entire idea of not being able to play a toon online with all other toons because of alignment choice.

What were they thinking?

gogo

Yea, this sucks for inqui fans like myself :)

I'll end up buying which ever game comes out first.

S3 or D3

In either event, I'll always come back to Sacred.

I remain, loyal to the end of days

This is what I'd like to see in Sacred 3. Not in any particular order either.

1) A manual save. Not sure whether pc version has a manual save, but console does not. Can be infuriating losing a good toon you have spent many hours developing.

2) Being able to carry a high level toon across to Sacred 3? Doubt this will happen seen as it will be by a different developer but here's hoping!

3) Guilds. Wouldn't it be great to join an assassin's guild for example and after completing all quests for a guild, you get an exclusive combat art or new skill. For example after completing all quests for assassin's guild, you get a CA that allows you to stab someone in the back for an instant kill. Obviously there would have to be at least a minute regen to stop people abusing it. Just an idea anyway!

4) Exclusive characters become available after completing Gold/Platinum/Niob. Just gives you more incentive to go through a campaign again and again.

5) More quest chains, less filler. I love the Undead Legion quest chain and others like it but am getting a bit tired of 'kill 10 of these creatures! quests.

6) Have each area in the game to have an equal amount of quests plus have the areas to be of roughly equal size. I am doing a complete quest run and have done around half of all available quests at the end of the Human Realm yet I have another 4 or 5 areas to go.

7) More legendary 4 star weapons available and make them useful. The Boneslicer is useless by the time you get it and that is supposed to be better than 3 star weapons?

8) More secrets when you explore off the beaten path. Finding the Hippocampus (thanks to Locolagerto for telling me the correct name!) was sheer joy after spending over an hour getting there.

9) More zany quests like the one where the village idiot wants to learn Kobold ettiquete and gives you a jesters hats when you complete the quest! Sacred 2 is bonkers LOL.

10) Just more of the same as Sacred 2 really. I'm hoping the new developers will keep Sacred 3 as utterly charming as Sacred 2 is.

Edited by philr1

Undead Legion Quest is and the Kobold Chieftain is probably my two favorite quests in the game (hmm, that could be a good topic ^^)

I liked them both, thought that there was a fantastic amount of discovery...first time I did them, the winding roads of Kobold mountain kept delighting me, specially when I heard their death squeaks for the first time. And Undead Legion...so complex, great balance of warrant hunting for me with one of the best noises ever made in a video game...the crunch of skeleton bones.

So yeah...more longish quests like this but with the same amount of "delight"

:)

gogo

Two off the top of my head...splitting the communities and NOT telling peeps before they bought the game... this was devestating to us. A great many of our members when they bought the game all of a sudden found out they were stuck in strange servers and we could not play with them.

It's not that they split the communities without telling anyone, they did infact say that the US/UK servers would be separate on release but that they were hoping to merge them "soon" (ie, when they could work out an agreement between DS, CDV, Akella, etc as to how much each of them would be paying towards the combined servers).

What were they thinking?

That's probably one of those ideas that looks good on paper but sucks mightily in practice & by the time they get round to actually trying it out it's way too late to unwind it from the code.