Buy Sacred 3! - Officially Announced for Deep Silver

Llama8

At the moment I want to see in S3 (except all this stuff like hundreds of new characters, quest chains with legendary items rewards, skills, CAs etc) is easter egg equipment :)

I would love to see there shotguns, MGs, SMGs, grenade launchers, rocket launchers, slo-mo and CTF multiplayer mode a crowbar weapon as a ultra-legendary thing, hidden in one of the darkest corners of Ancaria :)

Well, I'm not sure if that was a very transparent way of selling. Someone goes into store, buys box. Takes box home, they open it...and instead of the Servers where eveyone else is...they then find out that they are on very sparesly populated servers with people speaking languages that is not native to their forum.

If they do something like this again, they need to find a way to display on the box that the person must make sure he is purchasing the correct version of game to play with his friends... not for geography.

lol, this time when Sacred 3 comes around, we're going to be doing a lot of testing first to see how they are going to set up distribution.

Our primary concern is that friends get to play with friends, and that Deep Silver make sure this happens.

:crazy:

gogo

Undead Legion Quest is and the Kobold Chieftain is probably my two favorite quests in the game (hmm, that could be a good topic ^^)

I liked them both, thought that there was a fantastic amount of discovery...first time I did them, the winding roads of Kobold mountain kept delighting me, specially when I heard their death squeaks for the first time. And Undead Legion...so complex, great balance of warrant hunting for me with one of the best noises ever made in a video game...the crunch of skeleton bones.

So yeah...more longish quests like this but with the same amount of "delight"

:D

gogo

Yes, the Undead Legion quest is great. There was a proper story to it. You find out the origins of the Undead Legion, go on a journey to several different parts of the Elf realm and you end up finally defeating the boss, keeping the Undead Legion away for another 100 years. I love playing Sacred 2 but there isn't much story to the game. I'm a silver Inquisiter at the mo and it is the first time I have tried the shadow campaign and so far it is virtually the same as light with only a few different diversions. The biggest different I've seen with Light & Shadow is the side quests. You do get exclusive shadow quests which is great.

Am currently in the Orc realm and am shocked at how few quests there are compared to Human & Elf realm. It's as if the developers ran out of ideas by the time you get there. Am hoping Sacred 3 has the quests evened out a bit in each area, even if it means each area having less quests than there would be.

Undead Legion Quest is and the Kobold Chieftain is probably my two favorite quests in the game (hmm, that could be a good topic ^^)

I liked them both, thought that there was a fantastic amount of discovery...first time I did them, the winding roads of Kobold mountain kept delighting me, specially when I heard their death squeaks for the first time. And Undead Legion...so complex, great balance of warrant hunting for me with one of the best noises ever made in a video game...the crunch of skeleton bones.

So yeah...more longish quests like this but with the same amount of "delight"

:D

gogo

Yes, the Undead Legion quest is great. There was a proper story to it. You find out the origins of the Undead Legion, go on a journey to several different parts of the Elf realm and you end up finally defeating the boss, keeping the Undead Legion away for another 100 years. I love playing Sacred 2 but there isn't much story to the game. I'm a silver Inquisiter at the mo and it is the first time I have tried the shadow campaign and so far it is virtually the same as light with only a few different diversions. The biggest different I've seen with Light & Shadow is the side quests. You do get exclusive shadow quests which is great.

Am currently in the Orc realm and am shocked at how few quests there are compared to Human & Elf realm. It's as if the developers ran out of ideas by the time you get there. Am hoping Sacred 3 has the quests evened out a bit in each area, even if it means each area having less quests than there would be.

Humans and Elves are also the 2 biggest and most dense areas, but the Wasteland has zero so....

The main plot ans story are not what I would consider Sacred2's strength. but it you want a giggle you really need to read some of these side quests. there are few really fun ones, and some silly ones.

How about...

Being able to spawn yourself as a boss? :D

With this insane mausoleum or something, where you find an open grave with your name on it, and if you click it you summon a spiritual version of yourself as a boss to fight. Would be pretty nifty...

Humans and Elves are also the 2 biggest and most dense areas, but the Wasteland has zero so....

The main plot ans story are not what I would consider Sacred2's strength. but it you want a giggle you really need to read some of these side quests. there are few really fun ones, and some silly ones.

Yes, some of the side quests text is so ridiculous you just have to laugh! As we discussed earlier in another topic, one of my favourites is the Kobold etiquette quest to get the jester's hat! Seen as I'm doing a complete quest run I'll post how many quests I have found in each area roughly from memory :-

Elf Realm 170 quests

Human Realm 150 quests

Orc Realm 40 quests

As you can see the amount of quests goes down drastically in the Orc Realm not giving you much incentive to explore much. The realm is not much smaller than the Human Realm neither plus there are quite a few towns where they could have had more quests in. It was good coming across that boss Tharnak or whatever he is called because the journey takes ages. Also most of the quests in the Orc Realm are 'kill 10 of these creatures!' quests. One of the quests you have to keep repeating because the guy cannot read properly so you just keep killing 10 of each creature he tells you. At least it had a satisfying ending though as you get to kill the guy and the rain stopped LOL. Do you know what quest I'm on about Locolagerto? So yes you're right, the text is very amusing most of the time.

I'm not expecting a story as long as War & Peace in Sacred 3 but it would be good to have a decent story and make the Light & Shadow campaigns completely different.

What I want to see in Sacred 3 is really quite simple: I want a game that overall is nearly identical to Sacred 2 (this is the MOST important thing for me, especially as far as depth), but with a new map, new characters, new items, and last but not least no bugs. Maybe some better voice actors too, and a more detailed instruction manual.

1) No pop in textures, make the game feels a little not polished enough

2) More characters/hero dialogues

3) More music for combat & adventure

4) Mount that give better speed boost, like 70% or up and make max run speed and attack speed to 175%

5) Innovative quests that are not too repetitive

6) Less player limit restriction in an online game

7) A few more combat art skill per character

8) Better & indepth storyline

9) Increase storage space

10) Better experience reward for some quests

I want there to be really cool spells. Fun stuff like there was in the original Sacred. LIke the spiders spell. That was cool.

What about a rabbit spell that multiplies the rabbits and eats everything up... that would be cool too

Inventive

Humorous

Funny

And forget fireballs...how about fireflies.

ahhhh

:paladin:

gogo

They just rename fireballs into "Magic Incendiary Grenades" :paladin:

Another great thing to have in Ancaria would be a Chainsaw weapon. Yeah. :agreed:

hmmm, they'd have to change the timing for that...I don't think the gas carburetor motor would have been invented yet ;)

What about Mini-Me

This makes a number of copies of us, each one smaller than the last... and our level of proficiency could dictate how many we get. Maybe each copy would be lesser in hp than the last...this idea was cool for our Inquisitor...but execution was too buggy.

I would love to see a bunch of gogo's running around Ancaria at once

such happiness

:thumbsup:

gogo

hmmm, they'd have to change the timing for that...I don't think the gas carburetor motor would have been invented yet :P

There are 1000 years between Sacred 2 and Sacred and only thing humanity invented is... crossbow :) Maybe at least seraphim would have access to such advanced tech? :D

Arcanum-like mix of tech and magic also would be nice :)

What about Mini-Me

This makes a number of copies of us, each one smaller than the last... and our level of proficiency could dictate how many we get. Maybe each copy would be lesser in hp than the last...this idea was cool for our Inquisitor...but execution was too buggy.

I would love to see a bunch of gogo's running around Ancaria at once

I would name this CA something like "matryoshka" :lol:

Edited by ololcat
  • 2 weeks later...

A few of my friends have expressed a desire to see more than four people able to join the same game. Not sure that is possible without major lag.

I'd like to see consistant support for all platforms like pc, ps3 and xbox360.

A few of my friends have expressed a desire to see more than four people able to join the same game. Not sure that is possible without major lag.

Yeah, it wouldn't be possible on the consoles due to their lack of ram, though some dedicated servers would fix that.

Dobri hit it spot on there.

Focus on fixing what you got before moving on.

I know this was posted a long time ago, but I have to say that I disagree. To me this is a mistake and should be worked on/improved in future games, like sacred 3. This depeds on their budget though. XD

Something that really bugs me in this game would be the cinematics for the spells. The first time I played Sacred 2 on the xbox, I went seraphim and found a rune for ARCHANGELS WRATH. You see that? Say it out loud for yourself once. ARCHANGELS WRAAAATH. Not a snotball. Anddd...I really want new classes. None of the characters, uh, "got" to me except for the inquisitor. The traditional dwarf, elf and human works just fine, I think. For some reason I hate playing dwarfs, but I love playing with them. Oh, ramble.

Edited by MrFUZZ

I wouldn't mind a tinkerer or inventor... The TG should have been this. I've never liked the TG we have now. Ever. I think there is only one pic of him I've ever seen where he ever looks menacing. I think it's one of the splash screens ..it's an Evil one...There's too much of the canine in the TG... he's not threatening enough. The only pic I like makes him look like a mix tween lupine and equine...which I think would have made him cooler.

Right now he looks and acts too much like Pinnhochio, all knobby kneed and constantly falling down...

:)

gogo

Something that really bugs me in this game would be the cinematics for the spells. The first time I played Sacred 2 on the xbox, I went seraphim and found a rune for ARCHANGELS WRATH. You see that? Say it out loud for yourself once. ARCHANGELS WRAAAATH. Not a snotball.

Ther German name (or the one that's used in the files at least) is schwertfeuer which translates to "sword fire", which is far more accurate.

They just rename fireballs into "Magic Incendiary Grenades" ;)

Another great thing to have in Ancaria would be a Chainsaw weapon. Yeah. ;)

I don't think a chainsaw-like weapon would be too far out of the question, what with t-energy constructs (the Temple Guardain, his Mobiculum, The Great Machine and it's Guardians) and magic it seems like it'd be plausible for Ancaria to see many magical constructs ;) (weapons w/ magically animated parts [if people in Ancaria can resurrect dead things/animate bones why wouldn't they make chainsaws, that and they already have energy guns...] like chainsaws [a central component w/ blades animated by or made of T-energy perhaps?] vehicles, etc. etc.). Wait...so there are energy pistols/staves in Sacred 2 but it takes them 1000 years to make a crossbow? ... :D

Wait...so there are energy pistols/staves in Sacred 2 but it takes them 1000 years to make a crossbow? ... :D

It takes the Humans 1,000 years to make a crossbow, the High Elves/Seraphim were making all of the energy weapons while the dumb#### Humans are going about hitting things on the head with blunt-and-or-pointy sticks...

But yes, it'd be interesting to see either a shiny high tech chainsaw, or a gruby "Orc tech" chainsaw (lots of noise & black smoke, etc). ;)

Especially if you can have a sawn-off shotgun in your other hand... ;)

orc tech saw sounds cool, I think in general more weapons with moving/floating parts would be cool (I.e. a sword with floating sections of blade that are joined by Essence/T-Energy).

I also think a cool unique/legendary weapon would be a repeater crossbow with lots of +% attack speed (anyone seen Van Helsing? That crossbow).