Buy Sacred 3! - Officially Announced for Deep Silver

Llama8

One thing I would enjoy seeing in Sacred 3 is the ability to purchase a complete unique armor set for my avatar. I always end up with tons of gold and nothing good to spend it on. :cool:

So, for example if my Seraphim had found at least one or more pieces of a unique armor set like Niokaste's Blade Dance, she would then have the option of going to one of several well hidden special merchants (you would have to discover) who for an enormous sum of gold (say 10 million gold) could sell you the rest of the pieces to your specific armor set. I hate only finding certain pieces of any particular set and not being able to get the entire set :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

One thing I would enjoy seeing in Sacred 3 is the ability to purchase a complete unique armor set for my avatar. I always end up with tons of gold and nothing good to spend it on. :cool:

So, for example if my Seraphim had found at least one or more pieces of a unique armor set like Niokaste's Blade Dance, she would then have the option of going to one of several well hidden special merchants (you would have to discover) who for an enormous sum of gold (say 10 million gold) could sell you the rest of the pieces to your specific armor set. I hate only finding certain pieces of any particular set and not being able to get the entire set :thumbsup:

That is a very good suggestion mate, but me personally id like to see the Battle mage come back. The Seraphim had her time in the sun and I think its time for the other old time favorite to step in.

I think the battle mage could have been in the sacred 2 but then ascaron decided to call the game fallen angel so guess what we need the angel :P

What id love to see is interactive easter eggs more of them, not just of you found this place here that does nothing or this npc with a different name. In sacred 1 there was pac man, pong game, and tristram.

In sacred 2 there was the find the ascaron team quest. Id like to see imaginative quests that end in easter eggs in sacred 3 and more of them, sacred would not be sacred without them.

Also id like to see great mounts not just special ones but nice horses to :) simple ones and really cool armored ones like in sacred 1.

Edited by Lord Marius
  • 1 month later...

Whenever I played sacred, I could only ever play a Battlemage, none of the other classes appealed to me.

In sacred 2 I can only play a TG. Ive tried playing a high elf and dragon mage but never liked them as much, the main reason being that I like utility skills too much.

A few things I would like to see in Sacred 3 are:

- Full respeccing allowed for something like 10 million in game gold, so if you mess up your chracter which I always do, you dont end up rage quitting everytime (thankfully I found the save game editor now).

- Absolutely no other changes to Sacred 2s leveling and skill gameplay, this aspect is far too perfect and enjoyable in this game, changing it would ruin it, just allow respecs and many more casual gamers will be able to enjoy it.

- Shorter main story line like Elder Scrolls has. I love exploring the world, but never once completed silver because the main quest line takes too long. Players would then only be limited by their level.

- A couple of features from Torchlight - ability to upgrade items with new stats or sockets with a chance of breaking them - 50% break chance at a blacksmith, and add a reducing break chance from mastery of the blacksmith skill onwards which will never reach a 0% break chance, but will be something like 35% at 100 blacksmith, 25% at 150 blacksmith, and 15% at 200 blacksmith (then 12.5% and 10% minimum break chance at 250 and 300 blacksmith with skill increase gear).

And the gambling merchant which only sells yellows, greens and uniques (no legenadaries). All the items are invisible until purchased and much more expensive than usual.

Edited by bhav

Is it here yet?

:oooo:

gogo

p.s. I want google translate built into the chat system. Google translate in real time is just amazing!

you guys ever used it on msn? Coming soon to games we love!

:bounce:

Don't trust Google translate, it can drop you in deep s**t. I used it to say "Merry Xmas mate" to a Serbian friend, Google Translate made it "Merry Xmas sexual partner!". My Serbian friend is still laughing (thankfully) but it could have caused all sorts of problems, especially when you consider that he is a teenager and I am old enough to be his grandfather!

PS. I want my Dwarf back! :viking:

Edited by podgie_bear
  • 1 month later...

For me they could go only one way with sacred 3

1. drop all that smooth 3d overpowered graphic engine and go back to sacred 1 engine liked that one better and keep a skill as it is without the upgrade things

and bring the dwarf back

1. drop all that smooth 3d overpowered graphic engine and go back to sacred 1 engine liked that one better and keep a skill as it is without the upgrade things

and bring the dwarf back

Kinda with you on how all the "gorgeous" graphics sorta killed the AMAZING arcade action feel of the first game. I remember how fast it was to click tween Combat Arts...you could literally launch a ca while jumping into the air, and launch another while before landing.

Amazing reactions to our input, the wish wash feedback from number broke my heart

*break*

that was the sound of my heart breaking

:sweating:

gogo

and bring the dwarf back

Kinda with you on how all the "gorgeous" graphics sorta killed the AMAZING arcade action feel of the first game. I remember how fast it was to click tween Combat Arts...you could literally launch a ca while jumping into the air, and launch another while before landing.

Amazing reactions to our input, the wish wash feedback from number broke my heart

*break*

that was the sound of my heart breaking

:sweating:

gogo

I find my self agreeing with Epox my self, the graphics in sacred 1 where nice, and in certain areas they were better than diablo 2 I like the dark gritty graphics, just look at Path of exile for example.

Yep have to agree on that to :) in my heart the best RPG games are the old classics like baldurs gate, sacred, the whole history was great nice blend of 2d/3d graphic engine that what's doing in a RPG game for me I don't Care about sexy graphics or gorgeous environments I only want one thing a damn good story line rest ist just extra material

Edited by Epox

Yeah, but I mean was Sacred's story line all that great? I think though I know what you mean... we want a story line that makes sense with how the game plays. Sacred's story line is full of comedy, humorous references, jibes. Light hearted fare that is certainly not close to being epic, but just enough to be it's own brand.

:)

gogo

That is a very good suggestion mate, but me personally id like to see the Battle mage come back. The Seraphim had her time in the sun and I think its time for the other old time favorite to step in.

I think the battle mage could have been in the sacred 2 but then ascaron decided to call the game fallen angel so guess what we need the angel

BM is my fave in the S1 franchise but if you'll look to the Ice and Blood update the battle mage is already incorporated into the dragonmage.

I think the battle mage could have been in the sacred 2 but then ascaron decided to call the game fallen angel so guess what we need the angel

BM is my fave in the S1 franchise but if you'll look to the Ice and Blood update the battle mage is already incorporated into the dragonmage.

I know, I find it weird when people don't acknolwedge this. The high elf got almost all the battle mage's combat arts, the dragon mage got what was left over. Here's my take on it:

Battle Mage = High Elf:

Fireball= Ancestral fireball (Battle Mage's is much cooler though - ROAARRR!! vs. fiiisst-poof!)

Flameskin= Incandescent skin

Fire Spiral/Purgatory= Blazing tempest

Meteor storm= Incendiary shower

Phase shift= Shadow step

Ice shards= Glacial thorns

Lightning strike= Cobalt strike

Ghost Meadow/Reiki= Grand invigoration

Water Form= Cascading shroud

Ring of Ice= Raging Nimbus

Circle of Fear/Shield Wall= Expel Magic

Battle Mage = Dragon Mage:

Gust of Wind= Gust of Wind

Whirlwind= Tornado

Stoneskin= Runes of Protection

What's missing are Cataract of Agility (+ to attack rating, attack and run speed, pretty much all of the other classes in Sacred 2 have some form of this), Spiritual Healing (Seraphim and Dryad have this), and Petrification.

Now, granted, the battlemage personality with all his sarcastic coolness was completely missing from Sacred 2. Dragon Mage kind of tries to recapture this, and he is probably my favorite personality in Sacred 2, along with Temple Guardian ("I cannot bleed.")

• 1 month later...

I for one love the Sacred universe. There are a few things that I would like to change. Like a total elimination of a level cap. the game is already structured in a fashion where beasties level with you. However, we all know that in Sacred there comes a time when you get to a point where it is more fun to start over and after a while this gets too repetitive. Kill the level cap completely.

If someone would be so kind as to post information about Sacred 3, I believe most who would buy the game might consider a pre release purchase. However, enough information would have to be given to encourage this leap of faith. Would I pay for a version before release. Definately!. But you do have to sell me on it. Not hard, trust me. The brand name does most of that job for you.

Ability to play single player without constant internet connection. Required.

Ability to play LAN without constant internet connection. Really Good idea.

Ability to play multiplayer. Required.

You really want to sell us. Give us a little power. Some modding ability.

So, give us some cookie crumbs please.

I have played all the characters.

I like the traps of the assassin from Sacred 1.

I liked the dwarf from Sacred 1.

The Daemon was also quite interesting to play.

I like most of the characters from Sacred 2. Each has a uniqueness to them. My personal preferance leans towards tanks but I also like artillery support so I am a battle mage at heart. I want to be able to blow the mob to bits and run in and slug it out with the leaders.

The more classes, and options for us, the better.

So, what would I like to see.

Dragon Mage

Shadow Warrior

Temple Guardian

Dwarf

Assassin

Daemon

Saraphim - Give her the ability to wield 2 one handed energy weapons with dual wield

Inquistor

Dryad

High Elf

And many more.

Edited by Mplain
  • Like! 1

Welcome aboard!

Unfortunately, we have heard absolutely nothing solid from Deep Silver in a very long time. Nothing beyond "hang in there" messages.

Obvious you like the franchise as much as we do. We're still waiting for more news on Sacred 3.

Glad you found our little gaming universe.

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome around, althir!

Must be 'cause the original adress isn't active anymore that it links to some random shaky-looking survey. Good thing you pointed that one out. ^^

• 7 months later...

I agree with not having a "level cap" or "max character level". How cool would it be to buy the game the day it came out and a couple of years down the road your still leveling the same character you created day 1.

• 4 months later...

What's up with the lack of screenies/videos with this game? Am I the only one hoping that all the secrecy will reveal a huuuuuge curve ball and give us Sacred 3 as a bigger, better, faster version of Sacred 2? :weary:

Developers better be very afraid of Grim Dawn - honours which could have been given to Sacred 3 if only they listened to the community.

Really wouldn't want to sound like a party pooper, but given the current facts, I'm gonna pour all my love into Grim Dawn. The new review pics really got me all pumped up. :)

That wasn't sadly the case, when we got first pics of Sacred 3 and Citadel. More felt like something little died inside of me...

The video of Citadel looks like they had a side-scroller game and slapped some Sacred related script into it (words like seraphim and braverock).

Of course... Sacred 2 didn't have a lot besides the word "seraphim" in common with S1.

I miss good ol' Amon Shi.

Eh.. There were many other things in common - there were humans.. orcs.. Dryads - tho granted, they were a slightly different sort of dryad. There were even Elves - tho they did seem to branch out into more than one distinct flavor in S1 than were available in Sacred 2..

I'd even go as far as saying the Seraphim were still Seraphim... Hot babes with wings in armor, kicking arse on everybody.

I'd say the biggest change between S1 and Sacred 2's Seraphim - the introduction of the Buff system In Sacred 2 - and the BeeEffGee didn't suck.

And let's not forget they both took place on Ancaria. Different parts of the planet, but it was still Ancaria.

@Masteff: Not sure if sarcastic, or serious... :P

But yeah, like Wolfie said, there really was many things to tie the two games together, at least in some way. From what I see. Nothing of the sort with Citadel, and of S3 we don't know much in a way of lore, or anything.

Other than it was supposed to be, what, 2000 years after Sacred 1? So, all we can do is speculate what will come to light...