MP Console Trade Issue with Player

So the last week or so my router (a Belkin one) has been playing funny buggers with me. Random disconnections, throwing me offline for no reason, but 99% of the time its just been crashing and needs unplugging for 30 seconds until it reboots itself.

Today I had a request to trade, and I said "Okay, cool, gimme 2 minutes". The wife was playing her game so she saved and let me load my save.

As I did so, the game crashed - as it is known to do. A hard reset then.

I rebooted the PS3, and lo and behold I couldn't sign in.

Quick check of the router, only to find it'd crapped itself again. Reboot again.

I come back in and start the PS3. I begin to load the game, but it refuses to load. "What the f....!?" I say. "I have to be online and trading now!". So I'm getting annoyed and have to reboot again.

Finally, I get back on and I receive a message, with the subject title "a**hole".

Turns out that the guy I was supposed to be trading with was nothing more than an impatient child who was only considerate about what they could get out of the deal. Regardless that I already had the item they were trading - this was something I was going to do just to be nice!

So I get angry and send them a reply saying "Look, router broke, back online", and then I notice.... they'd only deleted me from their friend list (cos I couldn't see their name on my list)!

How gobblamned pathetic can one person be? When you don't even have the gobblamn patience to wait for someone, or even to ask them why they dropped off in the first place?!?

I will not - not even via PM - drop any names or disclose who it was who did this.

Note to mods: I'm really sorry for this rant, but I had to say something. Delete it if you like, I just had to get it out. To the person who this is aimed at, reply via PM to prevent your identity from becoming publicly known, although very much like your recent re-request to add as a friend, I'm just going to ignore it anyways.

Edited by gogoblender

Ah, I feel your pain Blokeh. Things like this can make even the best of us lose our cool real quick. I've been having the very same problem with my router and whenever it goes down it takes me a good 10 reboots, resets, re-configures to get it going again. And it's practically new! lol @ "I have to be online and trading now!"

I really hope that the next time this happens that the person is more understanding than this experience.

P.s.

I *cough* tweaked *cough* your post a bit. :viking:

Yeah, its cool. I don't mind a bit of editing. I think I went a bit too far at one point.... :viking:

But yeah, what annoyed me is that I've traded with a fair few people here without any kind of issue, then this tool comes along and just ruins the experience.... *sigh*

I just hope that upon reading this, people might be a little more considerate towards others when it comes to trading stuff. Network issues, buggy games, it all plays a factor, and next time you're getting annoyed at someone taking ages to get into your game, just try to imagine what you'd be thinking if your machine AND connection suddenly went the way of the world's economy. :viking:

Edited by Blokeymon
Yeah, its cool. I don't mind a bit of editing. I think I went a bit too far at one point.... :viking:

But yeah, what annoyed me is that I've traded with a fair few people here without any kind of issue, then this tool comes along and just ruins the experience.... *sigh*

I just hope that upon reading this, people might be a little more considerate towards others when it comes to trading stuff. Network issues, buggy games, it all plays a factor, and next time you're getting annoyed at someone taking ages to get into your game, just try to imagine what you'd be thinking if your machine AND connection suddenly went the way of the world's economy. :viking:

no offense to anyone, but this is yet another reason why I won't do MP

Playing Sacred II with the little mrs is all we need. She lets me borrow the set items while she tries to get all of the trophies.

Plus, my wireless router rocks (netgear)

just curious...is there a Sacred II for mac?

Thats a shame - online MP is a blast with friends. Not tried open servers, but spent many an hour slapping orcs with my friends. :P

But yeah, its like with Halo 3 and other games like it. You want to play games to have fun, but you always have a few idiots ready to ruin it for everyone else by talking smack, kicking people who shoot them, etc.

My first char had the same problem, except I seemed to trade all my gear and it saved crashed, then I rebooted to find that I had 0 gold and a level 63 Sw with no gear. The guy I was trading with must have got it all. :crazy:

Im using NEtgear as well and im at the other end of the house and I have 98% signal strength!! :drinks:

regards

speed

So after being able to trade for these officers sabres that people dupe (inflation makes um cheap :D ) I'm stuck wondering if I can put these level 204 Ammys in my gear WITHOUT having Blacksmithing. I'm wondering essentialy if I can just be level 200 and put them in. If anyone knows please speak up :)

Im sorry for you--people can be such Bleeps!

I am lucky that I have a regular group that is my brother and 2 of our mutual friends.

I did play some public games once and all everyone wanted to do was boss runs and some kid kept asking for ridiculous items.

So the last week or so my router (a Belkin one) has been playing funny buggers with me. Random disconnections, throwing me offline for no reason, but 99% of the time its just been crashing and needs unplugging for 30 seconds until it reboots itself.

Today I had a request to trade, and I said "Okay, cool, gimme 2 minutes". The wife was playing her game so she saved and let me load my save.

As I did so, the game crashed - as it is known to do. A hard reset then.

I rebooted the PS3, and lo and behold I couldn't sign in.

Quick check of the router, only to find it'd crapped itself again. Reboot again.

I come back in and start the PS3. I begin to load the game, but it refuses to load. "What the f....!?" I say. "I have to be online and trading now!". So I'm getting annoyed and have to reboot again.

Finally, I get back on and I receive a message, with the subject title "a**hole".

Turns out that the guy I was supposed to be trading with was nothing more than an impatient child who was only considerate about what they could get out of the deal. Regardless that I already had the item they were trading - this was something I was going to do just to be nice!

So I get angry and send them a reply saying "Look, router broke, back online", and then I notice.... they'd only deleted me from their friend list (cos I couldn't see their name on my list)!

How gobblamned pathetic can one person be? When you don't even have the gobblamn patience to wait for someone, or even to ask them why they dropped off in the first place?!?

I know what it's like man, got kicked (yes kicked) from my old WoW guild because we had a power outage right before a raid and I was the main tank. When I re logged the next day after the power came back on, the guild leader had me on ignore and so did about 6 others who were in the raid. Whats even worse was that this was not a bunch of crying 10 year olds; the guild leader was 32!

Bit of a recommendation, have a UPS (uninterpretable power supply) on your PS3/TV/PC/router and use a Billion or Netgear - I've had problems with Belkin as well

As an officer in a Guild Wars guild I totally sympathise with you. I have to put up with idiotic kiddies and idiotic adults all the time. Just bear in mind though that they are probably being like this to ALL they meet, so a lot of people will know they're idiots. Just breathe deeply, point and laugh.