Can I play Guild Wars, can I can I??

nilihanth

No, seriously. I jump in GW every once in a while and, if there are still some people here in DARK that still play GW I'd love to be able to play with y'all.

My main character is a E/Me/N named Churduk Ladoch. Please add me if you like! Ooooh, maybe even as a guest to your mighty hall? Am I getting greedy?

:)

P.S. Yes, what inspired this is the recent GW2 activity. I figured some of you may be still playing or at least have gotten recent interest to get back in and earn some stuff before GW2 hits.

Aight mate, I'm active every day in GW. I'll add you asap.

If you need a guild (I'm in The Rune Dragon [HDFF] ), dont hesitate to ask me, I'm an officer there.

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Edited by Chareos Rantras

active everyday

add ''healthy spice'' or ''healing spice'' :) thats my two monks, they got the easiest names. :)

currently in [ECTO] for UWSC farming :)

I'll add you two aswell ;)

btw, characther name chaos?

Edited by Erling

Cool thanks guys! I just discovered that I can only play GW for a short time on this machine before it overheats and powers off. I'm going to mess with some graphics settings and will have to settle for "less" so I can play uninterrupted! That or just setup my desktop which I have no room for...decisions decisions.

Im the guild master for the DARK guild in GW and I'm on close to every night EST ... My main toon is Lady Jade Greye .. She's a R/Mo... Id be happy to guest you to the guild if you want to visit..

Edited by Genenut
Im the guild master for the DARK guild in GW and I'm on close to every night EST ... My main toon is Lady Jade Greye .. She's a R/Mo... Id be happy to guest you to the guild if you want to visit..

I'd love to visit. Maybe even join one day if I prove active enough :) Of course, I'd need to officially apply for membership here first.

Cool thanks guys! I just discovered that I can only play GW for a short time on this machine before it overheats and powers off. I'm going to mess with some graphics settings and will have to settle for "less" so I can play uninterrupted! That or just setup my desktop which I have no room for...decisions decisions.

I'm going just a tad OT here, but you may want to find out exactly why you rig is actually getting too hot and shutting down the whole system. That usually means a very serious problem, and if you keep putting on bandages, you won't have a system to play GW on. :)

Edited by AgentSmith5150

I'm going just a tad OT here, but you may want to find out exactly why you rig is actually getting too hot and shutting down the whole system. That usually means a very serious problem, and if you keep putting on bandages, you won't have a system to play GW on. :)

Clean + Defrag,

then open up pc, clean out dust & check if fans still work?

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

I'm glad you made this topic, because after I saw the Guild Wars 2 trailer, I downloaded a free trial of the game, to try it, and I was hoping to find people here that still play it.

Max

I know it's at least mostly the integrated GPU's fault. While the laptop already has poor ventilation, it really only overheats when I run a graphically intense game for any length of time. It probably doesn't help that I'm running Vista but that's just an assumption on my part. I'm going to experiment with running lower resolutions now that I've tried the lowest graphics settings on my high resolution without success. May even try windowed mode to see if that helps. My last resort is to hook up my old desktop system but that will just be annoying since I don't have an "office" to have a proper desk, hence me using my laptop for everything.

Hows the trial Max?

Jet

Played for about 4-5 hours yesterday, tried an Elementalist/Monk. One of my friends told me it was one of best classes in the game. I never thought this. But I like the game so far.

I might go out and buy it tomorrow (found Guild Wars Trilogy (Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall) for $50)).

Max

I was thinking of getting the games to test out but I dont have much time for gaming lately.

btw the trilogy is on ebay for like $25. I'm sure you can find it cheaper with enough research and the right website / forum.

Hows the trial Max?

Jet

Played for about 4-5 hours yesterday, tried an Elementalist/Monk. One of my friends told me it was one of best classes in the game. I never thought this. But I like the game so far.

I might go out and buy it tomorrow (found Guild Wars Trilogy (Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall) for $50)).

Max

there is nothing as a best class :) soon 2000 hours played and still no main for me, hehe.

which game did you buy? :) and what is your ingame name? I'll gladly help you trough missions. im free most of today :D

edit: ohh its a demo trial thingy? lol I got 2 week keys for all campigns if you want them.

Edited by Erling

Just bought Guild Wars Trilogy at EBGames for $60, I could not wait to have it (because of that it costed $125 to have Sacred 2 from Europe)

So I have Prophecies, Factions and Nightfall.

Max

yay, when you get more into it I bet you'll buy eye of the north for armors, HoM and pve skills with titles ;)

pm me if im online at the same time as you (add healthy spice or healing spice to friend list by pressing 'n' ) and I'll gladly help ;)

I've been playing for almost 2 years and after trying most of the classes my main is a ranger monk which I find is pretty easy to get through atleast the first half of the 3 games (prop, nf, factions) without having to tweak armor or skills much. The neat thing about GW is that they celebrate most of the holidays. In Sept should be talk like a pirate day. then the toons get piratfied and the monsters drop flasks of grog for your toon to drink (and work on the drunkard title with). Even after almost 2 years there are still places I havent been and they keep it fresh by tweaking skills and such (nerf the over powered ones and bump the not so powered ones). and I dont know how they do it unless they are the best coders in the world but I have never run into a tech bug with the software or the servers that prevented me from being able to fully play the game. I started playing the game with dial up (and many still do) which shows how well the code is optimized.

I started a trial to see how the game play feels and its pretty cool. I made a ranger "Viper Treehugger" if anyone wants to look me up.

Also, I found the trilogy for $35 shipped but will probably just wait for part 2 to come out and start playing then. This looks like the type of game that will suck up more time than I have to offer.

w00t d.a.r.k. goes GW! (dejva vu?)

Feel free to add me, "Chareos Rantras" , Warrior primary ftw! I'll come and help you asap!

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Edited by Chareos Rantras

looks like I can't talk to anyone or do much at all in the trial version. :blink:

If time permits I might get the first GW. It's only $5 at my local game shop. Sigh...... choices choices.... sacred 2 is getting very boring and I wanna be ready for gw2 if the clan moves in that direction.

looks like I can't talk to anyone or do much at all in the trial version. :(

If time permits I might get the first GW. It's only $5 at my local game shop. Sigh...... choices choices.... sacred 2 is getting very boring and I wanna be ready for gw2 if the clan moves in that direction.

You rly can't go wrong with buying it, it's a chunk of a game, full of people & stories & missions & titles & goodies & stuff, it's bit different from Sacred 2 cuz it's less point & click to attack but it's almost as hack & slashy :paladin:

If you need any help or a temporary guild (where I am officer), whisp me ingame,

You could also ask gennut to join the d.a.r.k guild.

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

I was wondering why most members from dark stopped playing guild wars? Can someone let me know? I noticed a lot of people from here used to play but now they dont.