"Save data has been manipulated" -> Is there a fix?

Hi everyone

I think this has happened to a number of people so I am looking for ideas on how to fix this error. It seems to appear if you play Sacred 2 on different ps3s or if you restore an old save (which is what happened to me, since my ps3 broke and I started playing in a new one). The game will play but you will not be allowed to trade with other users, which is bad.

So I am looking to compile and tests ways to get around this problem. I have contacted CVD about it but I have not gotten a response yet. So any ideas? I am pretty upset as I was doing rather well and I am being punished because of ps3 hardware failure... :)

Hi everyone

I think this has happened to a number of people so I am looking for ideas on how to fix this error. It seems to appear if you play Sacred 2 on different ps3s or if you restore an old save (which is what happened to me, since my ps3 broke and I started playing in a new one). The game will play but you will not be allowed to trade with other users, which is bad.

So I am looking to compile and tests ways to get around this problem. I have contacted CVD about it but I have not gotten a response yet. So any ideas? I am pretty upset as I was doing rather well and I am being punished because of ps3 hardware failure... :)

It's fixable on a 360, but I tried to replicate the methods used for someone that was having that problem with their PS3 and we couldn't figure anything out.

at a rough guess not knowing much about the ps3 but can u put you're game save onto a usb then delete the one on the ps3 as I vaguely remember reading a similar fix for the 360 using the memory card... but im not a 100% cert.. hope this helps :)

Hi there

Unfortunately the copying to USB then pasting to ps3 did not work... I even tried doing a full system restore and it is not working :thumbsup:

I contacted the devs and the answer I got is that I would have to start again because this was introduced to prevent cheating. So... my ps3 breaking equals me cheating.... not quite. Well I will keep trying and bugging their support for help, anyone else got any ideas?

• 1 month later...
Hi there

Unfortunately the copying to USB then pasting to ps3 did not work... I even tried doing a full system restore and it is not working :)

I contacted the devs and the answer I got is that I would have to start again because this was introduced to prevent cheating. So... my ps3 breaking equals me cheating.... not quite. Well I will keep trying and bugging their support for help, anyone else got any ideas?

I read in another post about the glitches on the console someone deleted the GAME DATA UTILITY not the SAVE GAME DATA then when they started the disc again it reinstalled the data and it fixed there experience. glitch. I was thinking maybe this would fix the trading glitch. my cousin and I were going to try that tonight cause he had the same issue with a broken ps3 and restoring his hardrive on there and now we can't trade. turns out it was you that tried it for experience glitch. I guess I should've found that post first before I started typing

Edited by Numnutz9