XBOX Gamers Opinion for Sacred 2

The people who know me, know that I've been going on and on about getting a new pc to be able to play Sacred 2... well, still no new pc for me - I'll have to wait until my kid is old enough to play pc games and convince my wife then that we need a new pc (for the kid obviously). Until then, it seems that my checkbook is reserved for non-daddy-pleasures only.

So it leaves me with playing Sacred 2 on the Xbox. But I doubt very much if I'll be able to donwload patches and want to know if there are any Xbox players here that don't have any patches loaded and what you think of the game?

I get scared when I read about all the bugs, though - not that minor glitches phase me that much, but game stopping bugs are what I'm affraid of most. I'd hate to see 12 hours' worth of gaming, planning and great drops go down the tube with a bug in the game.

Is there a list of show-stopping bugs somewhere so an unpatched player will know what/where to avoid playing? Or is it just a random Kaboom and there goes yer toon?

I don't have the game on XBOX Scleameth, (Hey great seeing you here again dude!) but we have definitely made a few new thousand friends all here on site these days, as you can see by busy want/sell ads for items.

I'm hoping you'll get some more honest insight from some of the players here to help you make your decision.

:)

gogo

hey,

I love this game it is loads of fun. I have sunk hours into the game, so it was worth the money. There are a few things that are great about the game. such as lagging and some unstable servers at times. The game is loads of fun, challenging and has tones of options in regard to player development.

I dont have the game on any other system to compare it with to tell you if you should get it on a different consul.

I recommend it though for the Xbox.

I have been playing Sacred 2 since its xbox 360 launch and it is in my opinion the best game on the console. I played many hours before the patch came out and the biggest thing that it fixed was that it added the ability to trade with another player when playing coop on the same console. It also added the marketplace which currently only sells the carrier imp.

Some of the bugs and quirks that remain include the following:

• blacksmithing does not work on consoles at all so don't pick it as a skill
  • there is not an indicator bar for the energy shield that the seraphim or temple guardian can employ
  • one of the mods for the temple guardian combat art jolting touch does not work properly (the one for healing)
  • we lack some of the content that is present in the PC version (easter/christmas content and a couple of minibosses)
  • probably a couple other things that I am forgetting

The controls work really well as ported from the PC.

I highly recommend Sacred 2 for xbox.

Thanks for the feedback!

Ansgar, I think you covered it for me - so if I only play SP I won't be expecting any serious game-stopping crashes? As I said - I don't mind if the game crashes from time to time and I'm still able to continue from where I left off.

I read about the blacksmithing issue and that is a bit of a bother, but is the blacksmithing skill the only (supposed) way to socket items, or are there blacksmiths available at towns that can do the job for me?

The rest of the items you listed I can live with, but I agree that it's a bit of a bummer that Xbox don't have the additional content available for PC, but hey, if it was never developed for PC, console gamers would not have known about it in the first place!

I've read that missles struggle to find the intended target (normally the furthest enemy), but that I can live with - I'm just wondering how you cast, say Radiant Pillar? On the pc version it's great to cast a circle of pillars around the seraphim 'cause you point exactly where you want to cast it. I suppose that on consoles you have to target an enemy to cast Radiant Pillar, and not be able to build a shelter of pillars and lure enemies into your trap?

@Gogo - Yeah it's been a while, but sheesh - it's just such a mission posting at the moment... my new company's internet connection really sucks and to top all that I've been blocked from Sacred wiki and photobucket... so when\if I manage to get DM loaded, it's without all the sigs and avys... But I'm really amazed at the number of new members and also the active console forum! It seems if I get Sacred 2 on Xbox I'll have more than enough support to revert to!

Yup the town blacksmiths can handle your socketing needs.

I only had one crash in about a hundred hours of gameplay before the patch. And only two other since in about 300-400 hours of gameplay.

For targeted CAs you have to target them using the analog stick but it is not that bad (although I don't really use many targeted attacks so far) but it does take some getting used to.

Targeting is sometimes goofy I admit, and it is funny listening to by brother rant when his glacial spikes targets something farther away than intended but overall you learn to expect and anticipate what enemy is going to be targeted. I spend most of my time on a melee TG and I have not trouble at all picking one mob out of a group to target.

One thing that I forgot to mention is that we do not have hardcore mode which isnt that big a deal because you could always delete your character if you want to if you die.

I hope you enjoy the game.

Thanks Ansgar - It sounds like the console version is not so bad after all... As long as I can socket, that's fine - blacksmithing skill is not something I ever used in Sacred Underworld anyways.

Heh, and I'm sure I can delete my character in the event of death to mimic hardcore. :blink:

Due to my own carelessness and overconfidence my TG just recieved his fourth death last night. I just don't have the heart to erase him though. I'm not perfect and he does not have to be perfect either I guess.

Hopefully someday I can take a character through Niob without a death, its just that taking risks is so much fun and so addictive.

The Blacksmith skill also allows the use of rings and amulets that normally can only be positioned into 'gold' slots to be set into bronze slots as well.

The 'cost' of blacksmithing in town will continually surprise you and keep you out 'farming for gold'.

However, gold is not really an issue at higher levels and you have to spend it on something :-)

Hope you enjoy the game and happy hunting.....

There are a couple of quest glitches that kinda suck, ie The Undead Legion, but I played for about 130 hours before I patched it and it worked pretty well. Only once did the game crash on me. Get it, you won't be dissappointed.