Currently Reading...

soldats

Diamond_Throne.jpg

Fantasy all the way here.

The empire of Elenia is in trouble and the not so righteous Pandion-Knight (cfr. Paladin) Sparhawk embarks on a quest to save the queen from a mysterious disease.

In the mean time evil forces gather in the far away lands (LOTR anyone? :) ).

Barely started it because of exams.

Finished this one 2 months ago, now reading the follow up: THE RUBY KNIGHT

eddings_elenium2.jpg

(this time I took the exact cover as what I'm reading)

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Edited by Chareos Rantras
  • 2 weeks later...

I finished Warpsword a couple of days ago and started this:

brethrenrobynyoung.jpg

By lucalain

My brother gave it to me because he already had a copy when he acquired it. As it happens, I used it a couple of years back to practice conservation techniques as I thought I'd never read it.

I couldnt stand the Wheel of time books.

Currently semi reading this again, amazing book =)

legend.jpg

Frenzied Rampage with 2h Axe springs to mind when reading this haha

edit: I highly recommend this book to all.

Edited by Rusto

I am an avid reader. Just finished "The Black Hole War" by Leonard Susskind. I highly recommend it.

Currently re-reading "The Sword of Shannara" by Terry Brooks.

Since I am new here, I'll give a shout out to Glen Cook and his Black Company series. If you have not read it, I recommend the first book ("The Black Company", oddly enough) for all fantasy readers. It is a must read.

bc1.jpg

Edited by Varthlokkur

Read and very much enjoyed the twilight saga by stephanie meyer after seeing the movies.

Only thing I was somewhat disappointed by was the end of the last book (I wanted to see a really big huge fight), but other than that the books were all excellent and I read them very fast even though they are long books.

Diamond_Throne.jpg

Fantasy all the way here.

The empire of Elenia is in trouble and the not so righteous Pandion-Knight (cfr. Paladin) Sparhawk embarks on a quest to save the queen from a mysterious disease.

In the mean time evil forces gather in the far away lands (LOTR anyone? :( ).

Barely started it because of exams.

Finished this one 2 months ago, now reading the follow up: THE RUBY KNIGHT

eddings_elenium2.jpg

(this time I took the exact cover as what I'm reading)

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

And finally the big end of the trilogy: THE SAPPHIRE ROSE!

eddings_elenium3.jpg

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Loved those series Rant. For once it wasn't about some child, who had no idea of his parentage, thrust into some conflict he had no idea about.

Sparhawk is a blunt, grab 'em by the horns, kick 'em in the balls, no non-sense kind of guy. One of my favorite characters of all time. Just hope he calls you 'neighbor' :thumbsup:

Loved those series Rant. For once it wasn't about some child, who had no idea of his parentage, thrust into some conflict he had no idea about.

Sparhawk is a blunt, grab 'em by the horns, kick 'em in the balls, no non-sense kind of guy. One of my favorite characters of all time. Just hope he calls you 'neighbor' :thumbsup:

Yea I love him!! Altho The Bhellion & the Dwarf-Troll Ghwerig sounds a TAD familiar ^^

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

The Halfling's Gem by R. A. Salvatore

I totally fell in love with all that guy's books when I was stuck home for months on end cuz of sick. His writing style completely threw me for a loop, and I couldn't get enough of his Drizzst series with it's amazing write ups of a society who's main driver was evil would be like.

Fascinating

Absolutely

And so, so gruesome

:)

gogo

The Halfling's Gem by R. A. Salvatore

Drizzst series

And so, so gruesome

:blink:

gogo

I actually thought The Dark Elf Trilogy and Legacy of the Drow were pretty light.

Edit: I'm reading this:

ciaphascainomnibus1.jpg

By lucalain

It's an omnibus of the first three volumes in the Ciaphas Cain series by "Sandy Mitchell" published by the Black Library. It's a tale of unwitting heroism in the forty-first millennium. The guy is wrongfully taken for a hero and is sent on all kinds of suicide missions.

Someone please bump this thread.

Edited by Lucalain
  • 1 year later...

I'm always have a few books that I take turns reading a few chapters. the 4 I'm reading now, is Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix, The Witches, by Roald Dahl, The Bourne Identity, by Robert Ludlum, and The fourth estate, by Jeffrey Archer.

The Witches, by Roald Dahl,

I remember this as being frightening. Even a few of his movie translations had some jolting scenes that almost made me feel like they were for adults.

Still a great ride. Gene Wilder FTW!

:)

gogo

I am currently reading Yrsa Sigurdardottir's third novel - Ashes To Dust.

Brilliant. The previous two ( Last Rituals and My Soul To Take ) are some of my favourite books ever.

She is fast becoming one of the all time greats, IMHO.

Steve. :)

I'm always have a few books that I take turns reading a few chapters. the 4 I'm reading now, is Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix, The Witches, by Roald Dahl, The Bourne Identity, by Robert Ludlum, and The fourth estate, by Jeffrey Archer.

Already finished the witches.

I think I might start with Kathy Reichs. Or Eldest, by Christopher Paolini. Or try to get my Jonathan Kellerman collection from my moms house, where that is being stored. :unsure:

All of Yrsa sigurdardottir novels that I have read so far have been crime based stories.

I love the characters that she builds, as she really brings them to life. She writes a really griping story and gives a wonderful insight into Icelandic life.

I lurve her to bits ! :heart:

Steve. :)