Act 3 Main Quest Problem (Stuck)

kishire

ok so I'm playing my Temple Guardian at about level 33 atm, and im on the Light Campaign. I've actually already made it to the Octo Boss by using the shaman to unlock the door, however, I failed to defeat the Boss because at that time, I was about lv 30 and sadly not strong enough to defeat it cuz it keeps regenerating its HP.

But now I'd like to give it another try, however...the door that I need to go through to get to the Octo Boss is Locked! and I don't think I can bring the shaman with me again can I? im stuck?

any help is appreciated...Thanks.

(This is the PC Version btw, version 2.43)

Hiya kishire and welcome to DarkMatters. :)

I'm not completely sure of how to resolve your "loacked out" problem but I do have some ideas to get you to your Octo sweetheart. ^^ First thing I would try is to go back to the Orc town Za'Zuruik and see if the shaman is there. You may need to do that part of the quest over again. Possibly the game didn't save properly. Next I would see if it's possible to take the other route to the Octo. You know that path you have to take through the mountains to get to the cave? There is a fork in that path. Take the path that goes west instead of north. You might find an opening into the the area where the Octo is. Normally there is a large boulder blocking the way but there is a chance that since you can't open the door in the cave that the boulder is gone. Give that a try and let us know how it goes. :)

Oh and if that doesn't work then maybe you can get a friend to help you. Dryads and High Elfs can teleport through doors. ;)

Hello Schot and thanks for the welcome.

Unfortunately I've tried both and neither has worked. The shaman isn't back at that town anymore, and when I tried taking the other route, the boulder is there to block me, and I can't seem to blow it up as that is for the shadow campaign.

Well I mostly play this Single Player so I don't really have any friends that can help me out. Ahh I am totally screw, guess I can just make a new char....but now I feel all lazy T_T

Ah bummer. Ok. Here's a couple more ideas then. Easiest of the two thoughts that come to mind would be to run two instances of Sacred 2 and have a High Elf character zip you through that inconvenient door. Basically you would start up a second Sacred 2 game and create a High Elf. Bring that High Elf into your SP game. The way to bring the High Elf into your SP game would be by choosing Multiplayer - LAN and then choose the High Elf. A level 1 High Elf will work just fine for this. Before you bring in the High Elf have a "Shadow Step" rune ready for her. Once she is make sure to clear the area of any danger and then teleport her to your location near the locked door. Give her the shadow step rune and have her read it. Then use Shadow Step to teleport the High Elf to the other side of the door. Go back to your Dryad's game, walk her a full screen and a half's distance away from the High Elf and then party teleport to the High Elf. That should do the trick. This is of course provided that your computer can run 2 instances of Sacred 2. It will work if your pc can handle it. I do it all the time. :D

If that isn't possible for you then I have one other option... I just need to find a topic where I had posted the solution some time ago, haha.

P.s.

Here's the second idea I meant to post. Your problem is kinda similar to someone else's problem that was resolved some time ago. It was a game glitch which was able to be resolved using another game glitch that Knuckles showed me quite a while ago. Have a read through the below linked topic and see if you can use the "mountain climbing" trick on that boulder blocking the way to the Octo.

Empty Office Glitched?

Good luck!

I have had to go back through that door before and never had this problem, I got stuck on a rock while fighting octo and had to hit F12 as I couldn't even attack, But I didn't restart in between fights. Its a shame game didn't save your progress after going through door, then it would be open.

Hey Schot I tried your method and it worked :]

Except I didn't know how to 'Party Teleport' so I just had my dryad teleport through the door and kill the octo herself, which still completed the quest for my temple guardian, yay.

Thanks again, I appreciate the help.

Ah good stuff kishire. I'm happy to read that you're able to continue.

Anytime. :)

P.s.

To Party Teleport you would hold down the CTRL key and left mouse click on the other party member's portrait at the top left of the screen.

• 2 weeks later...

umm okay this is weird, Major Issue I just realized.

Yes I've already completed this quest and such with the method used as described above, however...I just noticed today that the Dryad I used to help my Temple Guardian complete the quest (she was about lv 35 or mid 40s-ish), well, the dryad character is no longer there....ouch.

However, it seems that the dryad "file" itself has been 'replaced' with my Temple Guardian file @_@

Well my TG is level 39 as of now, and unfortunately I just realized this now, but during the time I use my dryad help for the quest was when the Temple Guardian was about lv 35.

So Basically...

BEFORE using dryad to help complete quest, I had:

-LV 35 Temple Guardian file

-LV 40 Dryad file (let's just say her exact level was 40)

AFTER using dryad to help complete quest, and a few level later on the Temple Guardian, I barely noticed I now have:

-LV 39 Temple Guardian file

-LV 35 Temple Guardian file (apparently the Dryad file was replaced with this?)

So yeah sorry if it sound all confusing...I tried my best to describe the issue. I don't think its fixable either, but I guess ill just have to be extra careful now if I plan on using another char to help my current one. :D