Big Changes to + All Skills Rings for Sacred 2 Expansion

yeah I'll say hi to both syd and mo for you, gr00

this new dryad I'm working on is probably going to be the last character I take to 150. after that, I might not be playing Sacred 2 anymore. especially with this debacle with messing up our gear/characters.

upon hearing this news, I just couldn't motivate myself to play anymore. my dryad's been sitting at 95 for 2 days instead of being 110 in niob

sigh

Come play Titan Quest with me :bounce:

I run my server 'r00s c00p' every day I can :) you can die in it a lot too lol.

I'm kinda looking forward to this change as well as dreading it. On the plus side this change is going to encourage me to be creative with all those other item modifiers I've been over looking in favor of +skills. It will certainly be interesting and I can see that there will be all kinds of new build strategies developed for Ice & Blood builds. On the other hand I have one particular build that is heavily dependent on +skills and I have a feeling that all my efforts on my level 139 HE may be lost after I install the expansion... *sigh* Ah well. + Skills have been far too convenient to remain as it is/was.

I assume these nerfs only target jewellery, right? In that way I can sorta understand the developers' intentions.

As it is now, sockets are probably a bit too important.

Well, they are definitely a main focus of many builds. I can literally spend hours starting at sockets and rings and trying to see what can go where... hello spread sheet? :P It's the plus all skills rings which perhaps lazy Ascaron Devs :whip: put in which lack creativity and has become the bandaid solution and cement of all our "superbuilds" that this nerf addresses. The deserved nerf of easy socketings like this will certainly produce some great builds, and have us look far more carefully at item mods.

If devs wanted to make the game harder, they should just make mobs harder.

This doesn't address the problem of uber builds that anyone can build now simply by creating super bargainers and then flattening the game. Plus All Skills rings are silly, I've always thought it was a cop out part of this game. The builds that are developed now are REALLY going to be interesting, and we won't see so many cookie cutter plus all skills builds anymore.

I guess this will be the last "fix" we have with jewelry, so I'm looking forward to the Dragon Mage :), not to the buying/looting/re-socketing I will have to do with all my chars :mad:

I'm counting on this as being the last time too :) . This is the last part of the Sacred 2 Saga. I love this company and this game. It's not an option for me not to buy it, so I'm looking forward to this last change as something I can perhaps rely on as being a closed chapter. Maybe :P Though as you said, Spunky, lol... it's going to be some work to redo my builds. But it's something I'm going to enjoy seeing what the limits are, and there is no other game out there that allows this kind of creativity.

The nerfs will be hard and it was all done for balancing.

I love the decision to nerf the rings, I'm looking forward to some spectacularly and finally different non-cookie-cutter- + All Skills builds. Probably some of the very strange mods will begin making their appearance in builds now, and the Sacred 2 sandbox will finally show it's true colors.

:)

gogo

p.s. Perhaps the nerf doesn't bother me too much...we've still got one super weapon left which the devs have left untouched... Completed Campaign smithers! Yes, the rings are gone now, but the niob smithers for bronze to niob toons are still around... unless this patch has addressed that as well? :o

In my eyes, the game so far has nothing to do with the nerf - the dragonmage has. Looking at his CA trees, he may become very, very powerful if he combines the Combat Arts into one major build with 3-aspects (or at least the focuses because of the buffs) toughness, armor lore and constitution. 2 of the buffs are support - familiar and protector. The 3rd buff is wickedly powerful - much more powerful than HE's crystal skin (still, dryad's ancient bark matches it easily) - the Runes of protection buff. The dragonmage also gets all kinds of blocking, some reflection and damage dampening...

The only thing that can slow the quick ascend of this char to demi-god status is the nerf of rings and amulets.

I never depended on +all skills to make my chars good so the nerf doesn't bother me at all... in fact, I never used them in gear sockets on my toons after I learned how good smith arts were. However, they were great for bargaining toons obviously.

I think they definitely made Sacred 2 WAY to easy.... Not sure why people would complain about a nerf if it makes the game more challenging (something it desperately needed.... a challenge) but having to fix a character over and over and over and over and over again because they wanted to change things with every patch just plain sucks so I do understand.

The bosses are something to laugh at and can be killed with one click of the mouse button..... There is not a single boss in this game that I couldn't kill with one combo.. ONE CLICK of the mouse button using my dryad... that is why I deleted her. I was hoping they would make the monsters a LOT stronger in the new areas.... or at least give us an area where we can go for a real challenge.... oh well thats obviously not going to happen.

I'm really disappointed they didn't make the game more challenging. I have to admit that Sacred 2 has lost its flavor for me and I have uninstalled the game and the beta expansion. Maybe I'll grab ice and blood when its released here and try to have some fun again like I used to..... but seriously, I doubt that is going to happen. I'm looking for another game with more of a challenge.

This doesn't address the problem of uber builds that anyone can build now simply by creating super bargainers and then flattening the game. Plus All Skills rings are silly, I've always thought it was a cop out part of this game. The builds that are developed now are REALLY going to be interesting, and we won't see so many cookie cutter plus all skills builds anymore.

What about chars who put hundreds of points into bargaining? now there is no point in this skill, since it's easier to use set items and socket them with bs arts. No one will be spending hours just to buy rare item 0.5% better than socketed set item.

I see a point in this "rebalancing" but together with no respec option it makes many of players angry (again?).

Edited by Zonc1
What about chars who put hundreds of points into bargaining? now there is no point in this skill,

We don't know this yet.

I was just chatting this up with Schot and Zinsho, and we were thinking along the lines of...if Ascaron doesn't want us to use the plus all skills in sockets...where would they want us to build out from?

They have probably re-balanced so that trader's can still be good traders...just not get overpowered plus all skills rings anymore. Sort of like in old Sacred. Each skill and attribute had plus rings for it...but we never had a single ring for ALL skills ^^

As it turned out, the +Trading amulets were the single-most valuable piece of jewelry in the game, and HORRIBLY expensive. Anyone here remember that?

Maybe we'll start seeing better bargaining rings?

Who knows. After seeing llama's post about the regen system, I can see two of my toons that I'm gonna scrap and use the new regen system with for the Dryad ranged. I'm looking to get some glorious regens on the builds with the expansion ^^

:(

gogo

Bargain works fine. with 2.40 and 2.43 I needed Bargain= Charlvl*3 Now the trader offers the same items with bargain=Charlvl*2

New toons like the new balancing.

Our old toons...maybe we'll get some problems.... all skills/all ca are lower -niob is now a tough challenge :( Say goodbye to the godmode and enjoy the new ANCARIA

I've to rebuild my Novagirl and my DW-Int-Dry, but its ok.

Edited by Chrona

Boy, am I glad I deleted all of my Closed.Net characters back when I officially got tired of playing Sacred 2. At least I can enjoy a Dragon Mage without having to waste 5+ hours fooling around with my shared stash.

But for the rest who don't care for having their jewelery being messed up and feeling like the game's not being made any better in return - I understand where you are coming from.

• 2 months later...

So if you cant use the +skills ammys/rings what solution do you use on caster builds ?

Since they implemented a cap on rune reading to 200 does +skills helps raising the skill beyond the 200 cap ?

So many questions since ive started playing Sacred 2:Ice and Blood. And im still eagerly waiting on some of the old guides to be revamped to this latest patch.

Edited by nomad13

Overpowered ... yes

Lovely to play around with... yes

Deserverd by us... yes

I just really really REALLY love the fact that the plus all skills have been put finally where they're at.

Plus all skills for damage...meh.. smith arts at lower levels kick their arse, and damage rings at mid to higher levels do a whole lotta pain in a whole lotta ways ^^

Regen Per hit, for a dryad, was doing some pretty awesome things at low levels... like giving a dryad the ability to wear Detheya's Agility set at level 40.

That changed everything.

As long as CTH is good... all of a sudden you've got a every high level item modifier kicking in for her, and making the need for Anti -dOt 9(e) s not needed (chuckles... antidots, antidoes :D)

The three extra sockets they gave us for that set... while I was thinking I'd have to source out anti dots for them...beh...wth RPH now ruling the roost... all we need is no more than two sockets with RPH (with an excellent shopper of course) and bango... our damage has come back from pre expansion levels with us eating Darting Assault runes AND we get extra damage at a lower level via the leech from the Armor...

Boildown?

A more productive, extremely faster leveling toon at lower levels which makes leveling from silver to Niobium much faster and more fun.

:)

gogo