Borderlands

So I periodically go looking for new games to see what my next $$$/time hole is going to be and I came across this gem.

http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/home.htm

This game looks way cool. I know there are not a whole lot of characters but the random generator and co-op drop in/out looks great. The graphics are sick, the environment is ill, and vehicle combat? Say what? A scifi ARPG of quality has been due for a long time. I don't know if I am going to wait long to pick this one up.

Thanks for the info Grillgrim. Looks like a pretty solid game to me, tho I believe I'll have to rent it for the xbox before spending my $; as I'm put off by only being able to choose 4 characters. Nice find tho :)

• 2 weeks later...

My copy has been pre-ordered for 2 months now....... I cant wait to play this game...... its like diablo mixed in with call of duty!

im so anxious.

if anyone wants to coop with me on ps3. just add me. the1youh8

For sure. I just watched a new batch of trailers for this thing and I feel like there will be many hours lost going after bandits and blowing away the local fauna. :)

All in some nice black outlined technicolour... *cough*

Hopefully they change that "feature" (didn't like it in Silverfall) & let the PC have more players in a single server (ie, not 4).

• 2 weeks later...

At first, I kind of wrote this game off as a Fallout clone... but then I saw a preview for this game on Xplay. From what I saw, I can honestly say I was impressed. I will definitely research it more and maybe see how it gets reviewed, but if it looks any good, it could very well be the next game I buy for my 360.

• 3 months later...

Bumping this topic because one of my friends showed me some of the game. I told him : "I think I'll give it a try."

So, when I turned on my computer this morning, I was looking to try the demo. And then I noticed there was no demo for this game.

So I'm going to ask the ones who played this game : Is it worth it?

Max

Well if you like FPS it is worth it and it has the RPG format also where you can choose what skills you would like to use it has 3 skill tree's each character, but the game is mostly fun on Coop other then that you have now 2 DLC's that expand the world of Pandora a bit and incorporates more features and quests, one of them being the zombie island of Dr Zed and next one hittin the PC by 7th of January if im not mistaken Mad Moxxi Ârena matches with some bank slots where you can deposit your stuff. The game has 2 playthrough's, when you finish the 2nd and you hit 50 (max char level ) the game auto lvls the loot and the monsters to 50. The game is a bit simplistic dont expect any special game tactics like in sacred 2 or a la Diablo. Each character has a unique spell or ability and they use the rest of the skill tree's to complement it or improve its cooldown or damage output. The game has arenas where you PVP but the PVP is a bit imbalanced because of certain ability's are more overpowered then some. But I like to think the game is more focused on PVE where you can log in with some friends and have a blast. You can create your server with a maximum capacity of 4 players. Overall I like the game it gives me sometimes something to play other than Sacred 2 lol and I always like to level my weapon Expertises and Farm at the same time. It gets a little repetitive after a while. But if you play just to get to level 50 its a bit small the game and dont forget the game hasnt got any history or plot.

It's definitely growing on me, it's a nice break from aRPGs. The black outline on all graphics in-game annoys me from time to time & it's a pity there's not much in the way of complex gameplay mechanics (each character has 1 "Combat Art" & the other skills are all passive), but it is nice relaxing fun.

Well if you like FPS it is worth it and it has the RPG format also where you can choose what skills you would like to use it has 3 skill tree's each character, but the game is mostly fun on Coop other then that you have now 2 DLC's that expand the world of Pandora a bit and incorporates more features and quests, one of them being the zombie island of Dr Zed and next one hittin the PC by 7th of January if im not mistaken Mad Moxxi Ârena matches with some bank slots where you can deposit your stuff. The game has 2 playthrough's, when you finish the 2nd and you hit 50 (max char level ) the game auto lvls the loot and the monsters to 50. The game is a bit simplistic dont expect any special game tactics like in sacred 2 or a la Diablo. Each character has a unique spell or ability and they use the rest of the skill tree's to complement it or improve its cooldown or damage output. The game has arenas where you PVP but the PVP is a bit imbalanced because of certain ability's are more overpowered then some. But I like to think the game is more focused on PVE where you can log in with some friends and have a blast. You can create your server with a maximum capacity of 4 players. Overall I like the game it gives me sometimes something to play other than Sacred 2 lol and I always like to level my weapon Expertises and Farm at the same time. It gets a little repetitive after a while. But if you play just to get to level 50 its a bit small the game and dont forget the game hasnt got any history or plot.

Why don't people use paragraphs anymore?

Not having a dig at you nomad13 but kripes I find a post like yours hard to read....perhaps its just because I'm getting old. Reading_Glasses_by_artsyfartsymarcy.gif

At least I think from the first sentence that you like the game. ;)

• 5 months later...

It is indeed very fun, still need to finish the Circle of Duty/kill Crawmerax, anyone know if there are orange mods/shields/grenades? Or are purple the best one's you can get?

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I loved the first Borderlands. I'm waiting for number 2 now.

My favourite class in the first game is the soldier. So much fun carrying machineguns that fire extremely fast at your enemies, while your friends desperately try to hit them before they are annihilated by your relentless bullet rain.

• 3 months later...

I can't decide if I'm more excited about the upcoming borderlands 2 game or Hitman Absolution. Probably borderlands because of the co op feature. I very nearly bought the $150 edition of B 2...lol...I would suggest to everyone to pre order the game, you won't be dissappointed with your purchase. I mean who wouldn't want an item from pre ordering that helps you find better loot!