Return to Titan Quest Immortal Throne

The one thing I really loved was the loot drops. The enemy would actually drop what it was equipped with. Nothing like seeing an enemy wielding a unique weapon or wearing unique armor, and knowing it was yours as soon as you defeated it :)

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one thing I really loved was the loot drops. The enemy would actually drop what it was equipped with. Nothing like seeing an enemy wielding a unique weapon or wearing unique armor, and knowing it was yours as soon as you defeated it :blush:

Exactly.

I remember that back in the day, when the demo just got out, everyone was just doing runs on the endboss, since he could wield some nice stuff. :Just_Cuz_21: The Titanquest.net forum topic about the loot was one of the best topics on the whole board. It really was/is one of the best things about TQ.

And the resources aren't that high. It was actually a pretty decent spec'd game.

But yeah, it really has stunning graphics for it's time, even now the game doesn't look like it's, what, 3 years old?

I'm waiting for my copy to arrive ^_^

Also, in high level games, with characters level 60ish or so, I run a mod called 'xmax' so that grouping is insanely fun. It gives about 10x the normal monsters to areas, and 3x the bosses. You guys have no idea how fun it is to group in this mode with other players. Fun stuff. (this is the 'players -10 for you diablo types :blush:)

If you ever get tired of xMax, try the Uber Mod.

Here is its specs:

Increased difficulty

Increased monster spawning

Increased hero and champion chance

Heroes and bosses have high chance to drop double-affixed items

Added new boss (Epic and Legendary only)

Orb bosses drop uber-loot

No loot penalty for repeating any boss chest

Death penalty is all experience gained so far that level (won't go below your current level)

No gravestone recovery

-22% reduction to all stat requirements

Many affix changes/additions to uber-loot affixes

Orb bosses more reluctant to give up their orbs

Oh, and I forgot: bosses spawn in groups of 6

Check it out here

Enjoy. :Just_Cuz_21:

Ouuuweeee....thanks for posting r00 :blush:

I have TQ still installed on my pc but I dont have IT. :Just_Cuz_21:

I will see if its available at my local games shop.

What time do you usually have the server available mate?

If you ever get tired of xMax, try the Uber Mod.

Here is its specs:

Increased difficulty

Increased monster spawning

Increased hero and champion chance

Heroes and bosses have high chance to drop double-affixed items

Added new boss (Epic and Legendary only)

Orb bosses drop uber-loot

No loot penalty for repeating any boss chest

Death penalty is all experience gained so far that level (won't go below your current level)

No gravestone recovery

-22% reduction to all stat requirements

Many affix changes/additions to uber-loot affixes

Orb bosses more reluctant to give up their orbs

Oh, and I forgot: bosses spawn in groups of 6

Check it out here

Enjoy. :D

Ooooo, that does sound, interesting...

I've got my Haruspex into Legendary & it's not so difficult (Xmax) atm (though I have died ~7 times, mostly to Typhon, once to Hades IIRC).

Edit: 6 Typhons? Oh dear!...

Hey guys, glad to see everyone interested!

Yes, there are cheats, that is why I host a server that brings in clean folks, and having an insane amount of time with this game, can spot them in 0.002 of a second, so don't worry if your on my server, people are clean :4rofl:

Next, stubbs, I usually play whenever I can, which again is quite a lot for the time being :P just look for the server name, I never ever change it :P

Also, for the comments on player skins, models etc, that there are only 'two'..... that is what the mod community is for! we have over 200+ female skins for normal mesh, 40+ for the new enchanced skirtless mesh, 20+for the dress mesh. The male has about 100 skins or so as well, lastly, there are meshes etc to play as monsters, and more available in the forums.

Lastly, here are some high res screens of the other nights party madness!

P.S. (llama we know why xmax ain't so hard for 'twinked' toons eh? try doing it with a default char with no ...ahem... "given gear" .... a bird told me lol! :lol:)

Cheers.

tqit2009090221052370.jpg

tqit2009090221113976.jpg

tqit2009090221092340.jpg

Edited by r00ster

I would also like to add,

That on things like the 'piercing attacks' etc;

You need the Immortal Throne expansion, and the player created patch version 117.

The game with IT expansion had most issues fixed, and the fanpatch cleaned up pretty much all the rest.

It is to note howver, resistances and such in Legendary are the most important things, so if your getting owned by archers with a negative pierce resistance, or no points in hp or items giving hp etc etc etc, well,... there's a reason :P

Cheers.

Edited by r00ster

I see, last time I played Immortal Throne I had max piercing resistance and still it wasn't enough, great news about the fan patch that have cleared out some bugs.

I see, last time I played Immortal Throne I had max piercing resistance and still it wasn't enough, great news about the fan patch that have cleared out some bugs.

It can also depend on other things, there is a lot more mods in TQ than people realize.

For archers;

Armor at most can absorb 66% of physical dmg from an attack.

(there is a mod 'armor absorb +x% that can raise it higher - usually restricted to defense chars)

Then pierce res to 80%.

Then perhaps 'armor protection +x%' stat on a piece of gear.

A major thing, is whether you use a shield or not, as they block dmg, can block any damage type etc.

Damage Absorbtion = basically mitigation, 100% is immunity, but unachievable.

Armor value of items - having 80% pierce res with say only 1000 armor will still get you killed. 1k armor is a mage value(endgame1200-1600 usually for a mage, 2500-4000 melee usually), but some melee's fall into that low.

Skills?(squall :P) avoid projectiles? etc etc

You can die in TQ even with all the best stuff too. That's what makes it more fun. Like the machae archers en route to hades, will hurt pretty much any char, but they are meant to. Especially those grandmaster ones...

Edited by r00ster

It looks like I have much to learn in this game, I remember the Machae archers, did some serious damage to my char.

If the chance for dying is there you will always work for improvements of your char, and that makes it even better that you need to constantly upgrade your gear, and really work with your char to stay alive.

I just tried this out and have to say....yikes O.o

I think Sacred 2 spoiled me cause the beginning of this game makes me want to uninstall it. I'll try out single player for a bit and see if getting used to the interface makes things any better.

Couldn't get a hard copy of IT from any of the local game stores in Sydney.....all said the game was discontinued and unavailable. ;)

But after some searching I found an aussie online retail site and bought a download version.....$20 aussie.

Downloading now. Hopefully the IT download version is compatible with my cd version of TQ. :unsure:

If all goes okay I should be online for a quick try out to see if I can connect in a couple of hours r00 :)

edit:

all this wouldn't be necessary had I not sold my original IT to a friend of a friend, during a moment of beer induced good nature :cry:

Edited by stubbie

Okay.....I'm all installed. :P

I have patched up to 1.17.

I can go online and into the multiplayer screen.

I can update the server list and get to see lots of people playing in all their little servers...........but

I cannot join any of them!

Every time I try it tells me I "do not have the correct version to connect to this server. Please update".

Well hello:)!.......my version is 1.17...that is the latest version!

Help :D

edit:

Ok...I unistalled the 1.17 fanpatch. That reverted me back to ver1.1

I then tried going online and woohoo, I was able to join a server :P

So it appears that the 1.17 patch is just not very popular yet.

Edited by stubbie

The thing I really liked about TQIT was that the game went though dark, light, snow, sand, wilderness and colorful scenes. Before you could get sick of one type, you were in a new one. It would have been nice to have a little more character customization from the start, but your gear is what was suppose to make you customizable.

I don't use any of the 'cheat' items in the game, but the cheat items still ruin the game because of all of the people out there thinking that they have awesome characters without doing any of the work. There's gonna be cheaters in all games though. Even with MMOs there's gonna be people that goto RMTs.

There's gonna be cheaters in all games though. Even with MMOs there's gonna be people that goto RMTs.

Perhaps, but this quote from r00 should allay anyone's fears

Lastly, this need be said, TQ has no 'closed net' meaning that cheats do happen. However, know that on my server, no one cheats or is allowed to. We run clean games. There is the ability to 'inspect' players, and having like 15 chars, I know bad gears etc when I see it. So rest assured all is clean.

That is why I have gone out and bought the game again. :P

Edited by stubbie
There's gonna be cheaters in all games though. Even with MMOs there's gonna be people that goto RMTs.

Perhaps, but this quote from r00 should allay anyone's fears

Lastly, this need be said, TQ has no 'closed net' meaning that cheats do happen. However, know that on my server, no one cheats or is allowed to. We run clean games. There is the ability to 'inspect' players, and having like 15 chars, I know bad gears etc when I see it. So rest assured all is clean.

That is why I have gone out and bought the game again. ;)

Glad to hear it stubbs!

Anywho, just to let you folks know, I started my co-op today, so I have to be on a bit less :P

My time is EST, and I plan on being on evenings and weekends, around 6PM onward weeknights, and who knows on the weekends :)

@Viper, It will become much better than Sacreds' interface, just give it time ;) once you see how the skills etc all work with it, mucho better. Make sure you bind to only see top quality items to spacebar.

ALSO, VERY IMPORTANT!

Any skill that says 'bind to left mouse' actually BIND THEM TO RIGHT MOUSE!! this will enable the 'left click' skills to have the click and hold hover over enemies functionality of sacred. It makes hoardes of enemies much easier, and works with all left click skills; onslaught, psionic touch, calc strike, marksmanship, ternion, etc.

Best tip I can give ;)

Lastly, I would recommend just sticking with the patch stubbs. 1. Almost no cheaters use the fanpatch, 2. It fixes many things, including item drops that developers etc forgot to add in and such. If you read the release notes, it's not wise to 'roll back' as it were.

Anywho, cheers guys, I'll see you online soon :D (currently epic diff. with new toon)

-- possible use the defiler to make a level 1 char that can access all diffs, just to join the server and such, we can set games from there.

Cheers!

I have some issues here, I have installed both Titan Quest & Immortal Throne and applied the fan based patch, but I can't find any servers nor can I create my own game, do I need some kind of program to be able to play online like Gamespy?

I have some issues here, I have installed both Titan Quest & Immortal Throne and applied the fan based patch, but I can't find any servers nor can I create my own game, do I need some kind of program to be able to play online like Gamespy?

Nope.

If you want to play MP on someones server, just choose 'play titan quest -> join multiplayer (make sure the radio button is set to internet).

Then make sure you hit the 'refresh' tab top left in the MP menu. It will grab the available servers.

If you want to host, just choose host, give you're server a name etc, make sure it's still set to internet, and done.

Edited by r00ster

Is there any way to control the movement of your character with w,s,a,d?

Using then mouse to move around just plain sucks and I do not see any way to bind movement to any keys.....