Some questions about my shopper/nature dryad

Csaszar

Hey :Just_Cuz_21:

Recently I have started to build a magic oriented dryad and I would be glad to hear your opinions about her.

The original thought were to build a pure nature druid with bargaining. But then while fooling around with Moribund Animus from the big scorpion boss a yellow insect head dropped. I am no expert with the dryad but I heard theese heads are quite rare and the scorpion it summons is one of the best vodoo minion you could have.

So I am uncertain now how to continue my driad. Should I pick vodoo focus or not? If I do it I would need to plan the skill selection again.

This far at level 35 I have the following skills:

Nature Weaver Lore

Nature Weaver Focus

Ancient Magic

Concentration

Shield Lore

Armor

Following the original plan I would pick theese skills:

Enhanced Perception

Bargain

Constitution

Combat Discipline

Now the question is: is it worth picking Cabalistic Voodoo Focus?

The scorpion summon seems interesting but I am not sure it can justify to drop either Constitution or Combat Discipline. How effective is that scorpion (or any other summon) at the long run?

Sure if I would forget EP and Bargain it wouldnt be a problem to pick Vodoo focus and (for example) spell resistance but the whole point of this build is to have a higher level char with bargain. I dont have other dryads to support her with the needed equipment (especially damage mitigation armors) so she must trade for herself.

So is that summon worth to drop CD? Without CD regen times and damage of the Vine would suffer. Dropping constitution seems to be an even worse idea with the fire weakness and the lack of spell resistance.

I dont like starting chars over and over again (still I did it with this girl) but if you have a solution I might do it again.

+Nature Weaver Lore

+Nature Weaver Focus

cant drop theese while retaining the build original purpose.

+Enhanced Perception

+Bargain

same as above

+Concentration

The secong buff slot is required for the summon

+Ancient Magic

I think the added damage and the mastery bonus will be required at higher difficulty lvls. Still its one of the possible skills to drop.

+Shield Lore

It opens up armor and constitution. Either this or Spell resistance or combat reflex - never tried shield lore this far so I thought I would try it.

+Armor

I strongly doubt that I ever started a char without Armor lore. Seems unavoidable to take it.

+Constitution

Ice+Magic+Fire(especially fire) could lower my Hp very fast. Without a bigger HP pool the healing effect of the Bark couldnt help me staying alive. So I think this one is required as well.

So I have 2 skills to drop in favor of Vodoo focus: either CD or Ancient Magic.

The questions:

#1 is vodoo, the summon worth to drop either of thoose skills (or ather skills if you have a better idea)?

#2 if yes which skill should be dropped?

-----------------------------------------------

#3 is there a way to go around bargain? - I need volunteers to shop tirelessly damage mitigation stuff for my char :)

I would wave good bye to bargain if I would have a suit with enough DM on it.

#4 Would she be playable outside the Swamp and orc area (poison and phys resists)?

Thank you for your time and your thoughts

Csaszar