Help with Quest Companions

I have a problem with two hangers-on who I cannot get rid of. I got them via a chapter VII quest, but have completed ALL pending quests, and they still follow me.

However, I do have 2 failed quests (Lost Caravan, and Salvaging The Goods), I don't know why Caravan is failed, but all my pack animals died so Salvaging failed. Are these two idiots from these quests?

How do I either abandon or restart these quests? I can't have these two fools with me forever. All they do is create aggro for me. They're a bloody nuisance!

You should be able to tell what quest they are associated with by holding your cursor over them (PC at least). This should cause their quest title to show up on their health bar. If you're playing on a console I have no idea if it has anything similar.

As far as getting rid of them goes...good luck. Unfortunately getting 'rid' of 'henchmen', cancelling quests etc. seem to have been overlooked by the dev team so far...

Thanks, I'll try that hint, but I don't think the PS3 version does that. I've submitted the details as a bug report to the programmers, though I very much doubt it's on the top of any list for them.

I've a distinct feeling that console users are getting the butt-end of things when it comes to support/updates.

Well, it's not an ideal solution, but for me it works. I created a Free World game, thus retaining my inventory and world. Hey presto - companions disappeared! No longer do I need to worry about all the aggro they create ('Oh look Mum, I found five spiders in this marsh, and they all want to play with you')

At least I had already uncovered about 95% of all outposts, so it doesn't really spoil it too much for me, but it's a messy solution to a problem that shouldn't really be allowed to occur.

At least my original game is also retained, so I can go back to that if I feel the need.

Ah well - deep breaths.

Thanks, I'll try that hint, but I don't think the PS3 version does that. I've submitted the details as a bug report to the programmers, though I very much doubt it's on the top of any list for them.

I've a distinct feeling that console users are getting the butt-end of things when it comes to support/updates.

Heh, I don't think the henchman system as a whole got thought through too well. I routinely find (on the PC v 2.43) that henchmen are bound and determined to either a) commit suicide, b) kill me, or c) kill us both. One potential way around the problem (for PC at least, not sure if something similar would work for consoles) would be a character editor that you could use to remove henchmen and their associated quests...would be kinda nice for muling purposes as well, but oh well :badbad: