Things I miss from Sacred I

My dear wife and I are originally from Diablo and then Diablo II on the PC. Then, we tried out Dungeon Siege and when it wasn't crashing, we had fun.

Then, we discovered Sacred and she fell in love with the Seraphim while I loved my dwarf. He would yell and then use his cannon. We had soooo much fun with the dragons and the thousands of Kobolds in that game.

Now, we are now both playing Sacred II on a PS3, it feels so very different.

I hate the tiny controller.

The shadow warrior is just plain boring.

There is a 50% chance of a full crash, one of the enemies becoming invincible until a restart, or our characters being locked in place until a restart.

The world is bigger but there are many things we miss from the first world. Remember that cool dragon that gave you missions? How about those High Elves that hit you so hard and then chased you out of their woods?

Tell me, what do you miss from the first game? Any other Dwarf aficionados out there?

Mike

Dwarf of course with his "Greed" CA, and that uniques was really uniques.

I wouldn't say that the SW is boring, as I always enjoy the warriors the most, but if you not into them I can understand that he can be boring.

I have to say that I do enjoy Sacred 2 and am fortunate in that I can play(PC Version Win 7) with little problem. Having said that, there are things that I miss in S1.

I miss my greed dwarf with his cannon and flame thrower. I miss my gladiator with his overpowered daggerstare and godly farsight. I miss my hybrid vamp with full thorwyn set ripping dragons apart with her claws. I even miss my passive/agressive fire mage with maxed out flameskin.

This Glad with overpowered dagger stare and far sight, is this in the 2.28 patch? I have boosted my DS up to high levels and I wouldn't say that it's overpowered, but maybe I forget something here :drool:

This Glad with overpowered dagger stare and far sight, is this in the 2.28 patch? I have boosted my DS up to high levels and I wouldn't say that it's overpowered, but maybe I forget something here :unsure:

You forgot the 'Fadalcheese' ;)

Haha r00, yes I totally forgot the "Fadalcheese" :unsure:

Yes, there is that.

My first attempt at a DS glad was totally weak without the Fadalmar axes. My second used twin thains, switching to Fadalmar for the fireworks. And if you really want to annoy your fellow players, switch the axe for a bit of Orla bolt action.

But you know what I really miss? I miss 20% split and resistance glows. I miss teaming a tentacle demon with a farsight glad and crashing my computer.

I miss the gore

:unsure:

gogo

I would have bet all I got on this answer from you Gogo roflol

just bought Sacred 2 today, not even installed right now, but I'm sure I'll miss :

my poison ring/tentacle splitter Daemon

my FS/DS Fadalcheese glad (700FS, level 360 DS)

my Chick a Boom Boom (pure BFG seraphim, no buff)

and my Rabbit glad (Stomping Jump, stomping jump, with a nice 2 handed axe in hand)

Oh I miss all of it :unsure: My dark elf, vamp, my wood elf who would just wipe the maps... Bear cave with my closest friends... Wish I had it all back. Sacred 2 just isn't what S1 was on any level.

meh

for me its the first major Co op RPG I've played with the little mrs barring the Champions of Norrath, Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance etc games.

She and I used to play everything on networked PC's and life was simpler

Back in my day, the men were dwarves and so were the wimmen

I am not a console gamer at heart, but I bought Sacred II for the PS3 because I have 6 PC's and one mac. Only one of my PC's would be able play Sacred II. I don't have to upgrade or patch anything manually with my PS3 version.

yes...I know...no modding for me...I don't get the nekkid ladies on my PS3 version.

---Remember that first warning? Are you sure you want to cross that bridge, Amon-Shi?