Nyaro's Combat Art Modifications FAQ for SacredWiki

Hi guys!

Nyaro from the Sacred International Forum has been making great posts written in a manner that I found easy to understand, and very informative. I asked him if he would be up to writing reference material for the Modification section of the Combat Arts for SacredWiki, and he wrote up a storm!

Combat Art Modifications

He's a humble person, not looking for credit, but I told him the information he cobbled together for the community is just too good... he gets his own guide here!

I've already added links to it and added it to the Wiki, and later on when I have some time, I will change the tense to third person... but I also wanted to have a copy of it here as credit to the FAQ's writer.

Thank you Nyaro!

:)

gogo

Combat Art Modifications FAQ

How do I earn these modification points?

You earn points to spend on modifications by spending skill points in the Lore or Focus skill associated with the three Aspects available to a class. Modificiation points for Combat Arts within each of the three Aspects are earned seperately. For example, a High Elf spending skill points in Arrant Pyromancer Lore and/or Arrant Pyromancer Focus will only accrue modification points for Combat Arts within Arrant Pyromancer Aspect; if you wish to modify Combat Arts in the Mystic Stormite or Delphic Arcania Aspects then you will need to select the Lore and Focus skills that correspond to them instead or aswell.

Note: Only skill points you have spent count towards the total, while those gained from equipment add nothing. You must also have used at least one rune in a Combat Art before it is possible to modify it.

Modification points are available when the total skill points spent on relevant Lore and/or Focus reach the following levels:

3, 5, 9, 14, 22, 31, 42, 55, 70, 87, 106, 126, 149, 173, 199

As can be noticed, there is a diminishing return on the number of skill points spent, meaning that it takes longer (more skill points need to be spent) to get the 15th point than it does to get the 14th point, etc.

It is possible to improve all five Combat Arts in an Aspect to the fullest extent, by earning all 15 modification points - a total of five Combat Arts per Aspect, each with 3 possible modifications, requires 15 points in total.

How should I spend modification points?

You can spend points in any order you like but gold is only available if the Combat Art already has the silver modification and silver is only available if the Combat Art already has the bronze modification. For example, you might want to spend your first three points improving one Combat Art to gold OR three Combat Arts to bronze OR one Combat Art to silver and another to bronze. You just can't select the silver modification before bronze, or the gold modification before the other two, because the game doesn't provide that option.

What is the best way to accrue points towards Combat Art modifications?

Spending on just one of the two appropriate skills, either Lore or Focus, means that you will earn modification points more slowly; the amount of skill points you can spend on any one skill is capped at your level so the earliest you can get them all, in this scenario, is when your character reaches level 199.

On the other hand, if you spend skill points in both Lore and Focus then you can obtain modification points earlier, because the points spent in both skills count towards the total. If you spent the maximum number of skill points in both skills then you would obtain all 15 modification points when your character reaches level 100.

It is your choice of how many Combat Arts within an Aspect you will improve, ie how many points you need to spend on Lore/Focus. It is also your choice to learn Lore, Focus or both, and in how many of the three Aspects you learn these skills.

Why don't some Aspects have a Lore skill associated with them?

You may notice that while all classes have a Focus skill for each of their three Aspects, some don't have a corresponding Lore skill. This is because these Aspects are weapon-based and therefore the appropriate Lore skill is Tactics Lore. They are:

Here the Shadow Warrior has an advantage because you can spend points in Tactics Lore and start accruing modification points in two Aspects simultaneously, a significant advantage.