PS3 - Pause Game

Last night, my wife and I were all set to start a gaming session. She started out and immediately got attacked by a bajillion undead. I was trying to get in the game, thinking that the game might pause...

no

it did not pause while I scrambled to choose my username, give blood, identify that I am an Ascaron citizen, promise I will never EVER dupe, and then come in to the game.

By the time I got in, my level 34 Dryad wife had died three times. Of course, the game saves after each death because... :)

So, this is my only PS3 game that will not freakin pause.

I have taken mucho damage while having my inventory open, my map open, and having another person come into the game.

---> This is a mini rant and I need not be told to buy a PC because I have 6 PC desktops, 3 PC laptops, 1 Imac and one wondrous wireless router.

RE: Game mechanics: Am I the only one concerned that this game won't pause?

The game doesn't pause at anytime, it is based on the Multi-Player idea that a game NEVER pause, it is based on a MMORPG style of gaming.

may I please ask why they did a patch for the PC version that included a pause?

From the Ascaron FAQ

Q: Is there a way to pause the game?

A: Yes, the patch 2.40 allows you to pause a singleplayer game by pressing P. If that doesn't work, check out this fix.

Edited by hsedai

I agree hsedai... as a ps3 user myself, I have had numerous sessions where pause would have been nice. I have played around it now with the fact that in the middle of life let alone a battle the pause isn't viable, of course sometimes we all wish we could pause life in the middle of things..ha ha. I just wanted to say I know how u feel and wish there had been a pause as well..

Not 100% sure this would work, but if you were desperate, couldn't you speak to an NPC with a question mark?

I'm sure you can't be hit whilst in dialogue?

I have been hit in dialogue

the safest place is in a town with no enemies

we spent a half hour fighting some depraved guy who split into three people and healed himself constantly. Did we die fighting him? no

that dude is on the right side of the map with all the blue koolaid that hurts

thanks for all the help and I'll share that extra special tip with the little mrs, Mister G Blender.

From the Ascaron FAQ

Q: Is there a way to pause the game?

A: Yes, the patch 2.40 allows you to pause a singleplayer game by pressing P. If that doesn't work, check out this fix.

True, but it's only in single player.

Listen to Superb, though! Disconnecting a controller just kind of locks any game on consoles XD;

Good luck, anyways! Sounds like maybe you should find your wife some nice armor ;3

~Jaggy