The Shield Maiden -a Valkyrie From the Land of Fire and Ice

I just read the guide again, and I remembered right. I wrote hit chance as bronze modifier for magic coup. I do normally heavy damage for a melee elf and hit chance for a hybrid.

The reason is: CtH Socketing won't help the spells, while x% damage is useful for both: melee and spells.

For a melee elf: heavy damage seems to be more like a base damage multiplier to and not a x% raise. In my experience the multiplier is better, because it equals like 4-5 sockets late game while sure hit is like 2-3. Sure hit has an advantage early game for a melee elf.

Magic coup is a complex thing and even after a year I do not know the order in which damage is calculated:

Weapon damage + (damage x-x)Rings

multiplied by (magic coup + heavy damage modifier)

multiplied by x% boost from lore+x% damage stuff ...

Somewhere in between is damage type socket, damage type converting from glove and damage type converting from magic coup.

If you plan to play the shield maiden as melee mainly: heavy damage is no mistake.

For a hybrid styleplaying: target focus might be better.

I just read the guide again, and I remembered right. I wrote hit chance as bronze modifier for magic coup. I do normally heavy damage for a melee elf and hit chance for a hybrid.

The reason is: CtH Socketing won't help the spells, while x% damage is useful for both: melee and spells.

For a melee elf: heavy damage seems to be more like a base damage multiplier to and not a x% raise. In my experience the multiplier is better, because it equals like 4-5 sockets late game while sure hit is like 2-3. Sure hit has an advantage early game for a melee elf.

Magic coup is a complex thing and even after a year I do not know the order in which damage is calculated:

Weapon damage + (damage x-x)Rings

multiplied by (magic coup + heavy damage modifier)

multiplied by x% boost from lore+x% damage stuff ...

Somewhere in between is damage type socket, damage type converting from glove and damage type converting from magic coup.

If you plan to play the shield maiden as melee mainly: heavy damage is no mistake.

For a hybrid styleplaying: target focus might be better.

Perfect! Thank you!

My build will be mainly melee, with magic only for softening up the hordes

35d9noz.png