Looking for a AoE Build

Hey, guys; recently took 2 weeks off from Sacred 2 because I needed a slight break from all the fun :unsure:. Now I'm back in action, and ready to roll. I've tried so many different builds- generally push them to level 40-50 and then stop when I see another stand-out build. Right now I'm looking for an Area of Effect build that can take a slight beating. I'm looking for pure mob destruction with very little focus on boss killing. Does the Shadow Warrior have any really good Area of Effect? He's the only class I haven't played yet. Any links to good shadow warrior Area of Effect builds or other class Area of Effect builds would be welcome. Thanks guys :)

Hey, guys; recently took 2 weeks off from Sacred 2 because I needed a slight break from all the fun :unsure:. Now I'm back in action, and ready to roll. I've tried so many different builds- generally push them to level 40-50 and then stop when I see another stand-out build. Right now I'm looking for an Area of Effect build that can take a slight beating. I'm looking for pure mob destruction with very little focus on boss killing. Does the Shadow Warrior have any really good Area of Effect? He's the only class I haven't played yet. Any links to good shadow warrior Area of Effect builds or other class Area of Effect builds would be welcome. Thanks guys :)

Temple guardian for the fiery ember Area of Effect, deathly spears, and the shields that turn him into a crazy tank :)

Temple guardian for the fiery ember Area of Effect, deathly spears, and the shields that turn him into a crazy tank :)

Definately TG with fiery ember!

I accidently created a dragon mage in the AddOn which I can play while reading a book, programming, ... . It kills a very big area in one minute, but not with a single combat art:

I ride in a wide circle collecting mobs, move inside, do a mahlstream, a whirlwind and then I press every 2 seconds the hotkey for my combination:

Destroyers and the pushing wind

Destroyers are set to swarm so they are seeking their targets in a wide area, the wind pushes closing enemies far far away (+50% combat art range on equip). The destroyers follow the blown away enemies and so they sooner or later kill an area which has double the radius of the screen.

It wasn't planed for this playstyle: in fact it was a dragon mage with alchemy to unlock riding. I wanted quick combat arts to keep being mobile. Keeping the enemies away by being quicker -having riding mastery. And then send out target seeking destroyers and whirlwinds.

But at level 120 the protection was good enough for a stationary and blind fighting. Just pressing the combination key every 2 second. Looking at the screen would be more experience because I just keep pressing till I have read a page or finished something even if there are no more monsters anymore. But even the experience rate per minute may not be optimal, the rate per week is: I can play when I would normally have no time to do it.

So I don't know if this qualifies as an Area of Effect build, but its the most lazy build I ever played.

Do you have a shopper already? Are you looking to make a build that depends on a shopper, is a shopper or does not need to shop?

If the third case, maybe look at this build? 2 types of area damage: Magic Coup (Magic) and blazing tempest (fire):

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=12524

High elves are very powerful Area of Effect damage dealers and have good defense and survivability especially at low levels thanks to in combat regeneration with Grand invigoration!

If you want a shopper and Area of Effect build, Dobri's self-sufficient high elf seems very good.

Edited by ka243
Dryad Ranged Heavy Damage Buiild.

please share build details

I'm using a variant of Chrona's build here and am quite happy with it.

I recommend you do try to keep Tactics and Bargaining at character level; I have let Bargaining fall behind to try to lower my regen time, but I'm not sure diverting the skill points has paid off. I so look forward to seeing that Ravaged/Darting combo regen time hit 0 that I tried to push it, but I haven't bought anything from a store since level 20 (and I'm around 35 now). Left-click killing is still extremely quick so it's not dependent on the Area of Effect killfest... but it's very satisfying :P