Ranged Aiming Woes

is anyone besides me really REALLY annoyed by the terrible aiming system this game implements? like how a dryad will choose to shoot an enemy off screen when you are trying to kill the guy right in front of you that is killing you? or how the high elf will cast glacial thorns or blazing tempest at the one rat thats behind her and offscreen instead of the twenty or so enemies in front of her? why can't you choose where the glacial thorns or blazing tempest is headed like you can on a pc on a console?

ya its extremely... not good. when I'm playing w/ my partner idk if its lag or wat but he could kill a mop and I'll hit fireball thinking it will go to the next mop but nope, still aimin for the dead one on the ground.

I think it was the right analog stick that kinda switches targets, and idk about you but I TOTALLY HAVE TWO RIGHT THUMBS to be casting spells and aiming at the same time

as for blazing tempest, I run around so that all the mops are on the same side of me lol, its a pain

(hits circle to cast fireball)... (HE starts walking away)... (I'm thinking hey where you going b**** the mops right in front of you)... (casts fireball on some random offscreen target, happens to be behind a tree)... (more ellipses)

hate to be the one to say it...but every great game has a few points in it where you stretch your will to play by a longshot. Everyone probably wants to yell and scream at their character but time to face facts:

2. It may be the WORST of the problems in the game ( poor HE....goes to kill garganthropod and targets a scarab behind her T.T I will miss you forever)

Thank you for your time,

Nicholas

For instance: for my dryad to do a better job with Endaphic Lances, I put it in a combo with Tangled Vines. That aids in targeting. Granted, I stand still for a good 5-10 seconds afterward on my PS3 as the various enemies make these red numbers jump out of my character. That's just the price I pay for being inept.

@Helterskelter - I have to break the target lock quite often when my Dryad is doing her best to run across the screen to kill someone on the other side of the map while I have a long line of undead chasing me and my dear wife asking "where are you going?"

Ahhh, heh, guys don't get me going on a rant about Targeting in this game :) I think two of my class builds with TG and Seraphim had targetting so bad, I eventually gave up on the toons somewhere near plat. Misses, hitting rocks, trees, grass, air...lol, you name ...everything but the targete!

:P

For ranged, I finally settled on Dryad's...I went the distance with a Shadow Warrior, but...I guess it's something about the mechanics as well as targetting? I was just never happy, and ran back to my beloved Dryads.

I've heard that Consoles have it tough with targetting...but it looks like some players have come up with some workarounds. I hope they're useful, and you can level happily.

:)

gogo

P.s. I've removed posts and comments from this thread that were off topic. Let's focus on the OP's question as much as possible, on whether we agree with him or not that targeting is pretty much the worst in gamedom ^^ If anyone here has questions regarding these actions, you know where to pm me. Cheers! ;)

I know with the BFG seraphim build it's a one shot kill on everything. Even some bosses get killed by mistake when shoring out the mobs, run in deeper to the boss and it's dead already. Quite anti climatic. But then the little o'bats in the swamp can't be killed by ranged. Had to find a sword to equip for the flyin rats. Just better hope there aren't any bats around when you take on the Mist or your aiming will get sucked up.