Hey guys,

I recently moved back to Memphis and started playing music again!! ;)

I wanted you's to check out our myspace page and listen to the new song we recorded. This was all recorded and mastered in 1 day so its not studio quality but I think it sounds pretty darn good. Any feedback would be appreciated and if anyone here is good at mastering down tracks I'd like to chat so send me a pm plz!

Hope you guys like it!

Critical Mass

p.s. If you can't check out myspace and have an idea on how to get the song here on the forum I'm all ears. I'm pretty pumped about it and want everyone to be able to listen and tell me how good/bad it sounds. :D

Vocals were quite different from what I expected on the music(not bad, just different), and were pretty silent recorded/mixed into it (but that hasn't anything to do about the music). It's not completely my kind of music, but it does sound good. If you can get a better quality recording I might end up liking it a lot, already liked some parts of it with the not so good audio quality. Guitars were a bit too much distorted(don't know if it's the right word) for my liking too, or was that because of the audio quality again?

For the rest; Keep going! if you add more songs,let me know. I want to hear more!

This thing is not meant to break you/your band down, it's just aimed as constructive critisism...

p.s. If you can't check out myspace and have an idea on how to get the song here on the forum I'm all ears. I'm pretty pumped about it and want everyone to be able to listen and tell me how good/bad it sounds. :)

You could always upload it on YouTube (Windows Movie Maker, put a pretty pic as background or a video)

The music is quiet good, I really hear the Tool influences ;) . Keep em coming and make sure the album also comes to Europe :D

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Ah very nice work Viper. Cheers to you and your band. You guys should be very proud. :ninja: I can totally see that track playing during the height of a house party. :pirate:

On a more analytical, "nit-picky", note there are a couple things I would try out on the track which would probably happen during a master. Like Arp mentioned I would smooth out the flange. I'm sure that with the right filter effect it would be perfect so I think I would keep the guitar track as it is but in the master simply add a filter to it that would tone down the flange a touch. The vocalist is great and I really like his sound but he does seem to be experimenting a bit too much on the track. At 1:25, 4:18 and 4:41 in particular he almost seems off key. Or it could be that the notes he switches to are just too unexpected for mah brain. Honestly, I'd suggest redoing the vocal track for those times and with more gain overall. Since it's pre-master it's probably possible for him to just re-sing those sections and then splice/paste the new versions in. Drum track complexity is awesome and I'm not sure what it is I'm wanting more from it, but I surely would add an effect to it.

Do you guys have a bass line in there? That could be cool!

Great track! I've embeded it into your first post. :tongue:

Schot pretty much beat me to the comments I wanted to make on the vocalist.

He just seems to go ...oh I dunno... too hard at 4:41.

And I think the vocalist needs to be a bit more "gutsy"...but that's just my personal taste. :pirate:

I like the song though. The change of guitar direction at 3:17 fits perfectly.

Well done mate.

Thanks for the comments guys. The constructive criticism was exactly what I was looking for. We just got Cubase Studio and none of us know much about recording/mastering so it's kinda hard to get the sound we want without professional help (which we cant afford right now). We are gonna redo the vocals and add some more effects on the drums and turn up the bass track^^ I'll let you guys know when I upload the new version. :pirate:

@schot: I don't see the song in my first post on firefox or ie. am I missing a plugin maybe? in fact I couldn't even read the comments in IE had to switch over to firefox to get them to load.

@schot: I don't see the song in my first post on firefox or ie. am I missing a plugin maybe? in fact I couldn't even read the comments in IE had to switch over to firefox to get them to load.

I saw it when Schot added it, now it's gone for me too..

EDIT: it probably disappeared because you replaced it with the mastered version

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Edited by Chareos Rantras
Perhaps its just my sound setup but does anyone else feel the drums are too "tinny" and with no depth?

yep I can't get them to sound like I want. I'll need some help mixing them to get it right but this is just trial and error. I'll be spending most of my time playing with cubase until I can learn how to master things the correct way.... until then this will have to do. :pirate:

we have 13 songs and I'll get them all recorded and uploaded asap so we can have a demo for our next 5 shows we have booked here in memphis.... maybe we can get lucky and meet someone who knows how to produce good music^^

Edited by Viper007

Awesome!

I wish I had this kind of talent. To be able to make music so much an important part of my life like this. Great webspace, and you should use the tune in an Sacred 2 video, perfect mood.

Keep us posted on this, I have friends in bands too, and I love following up their music.

:D

:)

gogo

p.s. lol, I had to update my flash settings for the song to run on my firefox, it sounds good.