Terraformer

I was not sure about this myself so I looked it up (posting it here just incase iam not the only one wondering about this) /woot

Terraformer

This Building creates more fields for your Planet, each Level makes more room for more Buildings. When a planet runs out of spaces, it is wise to be able to build one of these. Each Level gives you 5 extra Fields, 1 of which is used up by the Terraformer itself.

The Requirements for this Building are Nanite Factory Level 1, and Energy Technology Level 12.

The initial cost for this Building is 0 Metal, 50,000 Crystal, and 100,000 Deuterium.

Nice, so I can get more fields on my planets ? But what about the diameter of the planets/moons? I see some moones as low as 4k and some over 8k. Is the diameter a factor when calculating max fields the planet/moon can have?

-Zims-

There's also an energy cost for each level. I think the first couple levels are worth while (if you're running out of space and the planet's important enough not to abandon), but after that, the resource and energy costs are foolish.

Nice, so I can get more fields on my planets ? But what about the diameter of the planets/moons? I see some moones as low as 4k and some over 8k. Is the diameter a factor when calculating max fields the planet/moon can have?

Yep you can get more fields on planets.....but there is an energy cost, and it is debatable whether it is worth it or not /unsure

As for moons, the size is dependent on the debris field created in making the moon, for example, a 20% moon chance makes a much bigger moon than a 5% moon chance....The size of the moon does not make a huge amount of difference when it comes to fields, as although a big moon means you can have more fields, it is very rare for anyone to go beyond level 7 lunar base as it is just too expensive, and you can get level 7 on a 1% moon......

The main advantage a big moon has over a smaller one is that it is less vulnerable to being destroyed by a death star later on in the game...

For example the chance of a 1% moon (approx 4000km diameter) being destroyed by one death star is 37%

and the chance that the moon will destroy the death star is 32%

Whereas the chance of a 20% moon (approx 8800km diameter) being destroyed is 6%

and the chance that the moon will destroy the death star is 47%

Interesting point to note is that if your moon is destroyed by a death star, and even if your fleet is sitting on that moon there is no debris :cry:

Interesting point to note is that if your moon is destroyed by a death star, and even if your fleet is sitting on that moon there is no debris :cry:

Seriously:) That is ass!

Guest gogoblender

yeah the terrra former looks to be a really expensive toy with results but at huge costs

and I mean...huuuuuuuuuge

:)

gogo

the terraformer itself isnt too expensive, its that friggin energy tech 12,Blah! I always get it though cuz I need the extra slots on my homeplanet, colonys though...ya might as well search for ones u'll never need one on.

Guest gogoblender

yeah the energy really sux fer it

but I must say, aur's take on makin moons more bigger is really cool...

has anyone every applied terraformer to a moon before?

gogo

I was lead to believe that the energy cost was a one off thing, like when getting Gravition. Once the terraformer is built you can remove the energy and it stays.

So I could turn off my mine, build the former and turn them back on again.....

I'll go test as have just aquired energy tech lv 12 :thumbsup:

Ok I just built a Terraformer..... I started with less than 1K free energy and it doesn't use energy once built.

So I guess that if you have 4K energy on your planet you can build upto a Lv 3 terraformer with out worrying about getting any extra energy!

Any further questions, please ask... I'm off to build more

Hehe cool Rik /thumbsup

As for terraformer on a moon....I dont know....anyone know if you are you able to do it?

Dont think you would really need to anyway, because surely it wouldnt change the impact of a deathstar....but I could be wrong /unsure

If you can use a terraformer on a moon, I don't think it would be very economical... You'd need a level 6 Lunar Base before you could even build the terraformer... if you only build robotics factories. Pile on top of the cost of all 10 levels of robotics the cost of a nanite factory and six levels of lunar base you're going to be way behind where you'd want to be.

• 4 weeks later...

It's not possible to terraform a moon because you can't build the requisite nanite factory. It's not really necessary however. You should not build mines on a moon nor do you need storage. The strategy employed by top players for a moon is as follows:

lunar 1, robo 1-2

lunar 2, robo 3-4

lunar 3, robo 5-6

lunar 4, robo 7-8

lunar 5, robo 9, jump gate 1

from this point on:

delete 1 robo and add 1 phalanx

repeat ...

This strategy will develop your moon quickly. At robo 9 it only takes 10 days to build the jump gate.

.....The strategy employed by top players for a moon is as follows:

lunar 1, robo 1-2

lunar 2, robo 3-4

lunar 3, robo 5-6

lunar 4, robo 7-8

lunar 5, robo 9, jump gate 1

from this point on:

delete 1 robo and add 1 phalanx

repeat ...

This strategy will develop your moon quickly. At robo 9 it only takes 10 days to build the jump gate.

You could in practice build to Lv 10 rob b4 doing the moon as each lunar base gives 3 fields, so you could build robo lv 10 and then the Jumpgates and then deconstruct your robo lv 10 to gain back a field. The only reason why lunar bases only usually have 2 fields is becuase 1 field is used for the next level of lunar base. Most ppl forget that the last lunar base that you want to build ever will have 3 fields..

I plan on not going past lunar base lv 7, so to free fields for shipyards I am slowly removing robo's, as I think that lv 7 phalanx if high enough for me:)

Yes, you could build robo 10 first. Or you could reverse the last sequence and build a phalanx before deconstructing a robo. A shipyard is also a good thing to have for your moon. If you build defense it won't take any fields and can't be fired upon by IPMs.

Another useful piece of information regarding moons is that a fleet save from a moon to a debris field or another moon is completely invisible to a phalanx scan. The phalanx can only scan planets, not moons or debris fields. If you don't have a moon, the next best fleet save is a deploy mission. If someone tries to crash a deployed fleet you can simply recall. Recalled deploy missions are also completely invisible to a phalanx scan. Both of these tips can be found on the ogame help forum. However it's not exactly clear since the author was german and didn't make the english translations 100% accurate.