Ancarian Geographic Presents - Attack of the Killer Turtles!

I absolutely love that island gogo! I make at least two or three trip there to circle the beaches when I am in the area. At lower levels, it is an easy level up in 15 minutes and at mid-levels(Up to 75), two trips is all it takes. I have yet to get as lucky as you with a fantastic drop like that, but while I am there I spam ment pots and always leave the island with more than I came with.

Love the screenshots gogo. :) Awh, those turtles are so cute. Until they bite... A very convenient spot for scooping up some experience. D'Ary Island, (or should I say Turtle Soup Island? ^^ ), Is great for all the reasons you mentioned gogo. It's become a mainstay in my grinding route. :)

D'Ary Island near the southern Dryad town Aerendyr.

Dethaya-Set for even more Life Leech? If you play the dryad, that is. In my german thread about my full 3 aspect Dryad I got the tip that with the AddOn and the chest carrier using the dethaya-set in combination with shurikens would result in more than 5% leech against bosses. Alchemy boosted left clicks at full attack speed, +1000% attack value results in close to 12.5% life leech a second: 8 seconds to finish a boss. Just avoid the reflects.

Normally I use rare yellow gear choosen to look good while having the needed modifiers. My 3-Aspect dryad is more a mage, using the dust devil as main damage dealer. But with the chest carrier quick re-equipping at bosses is easier now.

As soon as I have some time I will try out the set for my horse dryad too.

Thanks to GoGo's shuriken found I am now sure that my saying at the sacred2 party in our firefighter building from may2009 is even more valid:

If your character has access to x% life leech and alchemy, all you need to kill a boss is alchemy and enough defense. No need for a combat art.

Edited by chattius
One thing I have never seen there is the Poison Lord. Is that available only through a quest? I am on the PS3 - Not sure if it makes a difference.

I believe that consoles runs with an older version where the Poison Lord wasn't added yet.

• 10 months later...

The turtles have become my most favorite leveling run with the latest crop of builds for HE... they don't reflect magic!

haaaahahahahahahh

*insane raucous laughter*

turtlesoup.jpg

It's a bit tricky getting your toon so that it can take out turtles 33 (in my case) to 50 ( in furian's case) to 60 (lol in Dreeft's case...he's crazy wild! :)) HIGHER THAN US ...you have to make sure your toon can at least make it through the fire flowers and sometimes leopards that guard the entrance to Turtle Island... but when you get there, it's almost sweet sailing as you rack up experience and mentor pots...it's a cool cycle.

Only thing is we do redline often if you get into a mob of turtles and they all blue beam you at once. I think it's also a kind of "weaken" , and one turtle can chomp out about a quarter of my hp... three at once is a redline and a high heartbeat.

Still though, with the three of us last night,

the High Elf

the Dryad

the Dragon Mage

red lining got to be a bit of fun, frightening and great for the adrenaline rush.

Crazy FTW!

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

Running these Turtles on Niob with them being 50 levels above me was actually eye opening. My Dragon Mage has about 50% detrimental effects socketed and with Combat Trance modded with 3a, Hardened - Increased resistance against side effects. (20%+0.2%*level), I didn't get hit too bad at all. Trying to do this solo I don't think the kills per minute, K.P.M., is good enough to warrant the risk of hunting mobs 50 levels above you. But as gogo said as a team its very much a rush and all the magical mayhem flying about, fire tempest waves, dragon strikes, darting assault life leech lines, fire balls, domes of Maelstrom, and blowing waves of gust of wind Hoooaaahh what a good time!

oowah...lol that was close

A flower guarding the shoal to the turtle island jumped up and landed squarely on top of me.... squishing the life out of me mount, leaving me a poor helpless hobbler...

Thanks Furian for the mount help... on me way back to Turtle Island...those nasty reps can't stop me long!

gogo

• 8 years later...

Where is this (fantastic?) Island? I doubt I have been here before... but then again, I have fought and beaten the poison lord...

Did I just try and get away from the crazy mob of Turtles...? cause I was scared....? I am not sure...

Where is this place... I need to be sure.

(I am feline incapacitated at the moment. typing with one hand). So might only respond in a day or two...

24 minutes ago, Delta! said:

Where is this (fantastic?) Island? I doubt I have been here before... but then again, I have fought and beaten the poison lord...

Did I just try and get away from the crazy mob of Turtles...? cause I was scared....? I am not sure...

Where is this place... I need to be sure.

(I am feline incapacitated at the moment. typing with one hand). So might only respond in a day or two...

hahahah, Theuns... does that mean you have a cat around? awwwwwwwwww

"feline" vs "feelin"....

clever ^^

:D

gogo

p.s. I took off the links to photobucket... wow, forgot about that place... ! and re uploaded them to our servers here at DarkMatters... those turtles still look awesome

:D

gogo

Yes I do have a kitteh.... he is one of the most adorable and cutest(Don't tell him I called him cute) animals EVAH!

He will deny that he loves cuddles, being loved, held and adored. this time of year is especially bad for him, it rains a lot... he comes into the house, looks at us with an expression resembling "daddy... the sky is mean... it peed on me..." and then we comfort him, calm him down and shower him with affection

This was how I woke up one morning... him sleeping "on top of my head"

IMG_20180824_083717.thumb.jpg.7115fb09ca25c29828d65143d5377b87.jpg

This was a day after the winter hit here... he generally does not like being covered.

IMG-20190605-WA0005.thumb.jpg.49405b3b70904665d82bec72497c93e5.jpg

• Like! 1

Cats are amazing! I hated them for many years.  Finally getting one here for changed my mind about them and in fact how I felt about animals.  You're look like they're well spoiled... bravo...keep it up!

:bounce:

gogo

Cats are the most intelligent creatures in the world, even smarter than humans. Humans farm cows and sheep for meat. Humans invest a lot of work to do this. Now take a farm cat: the cat likes mice. So they make humans believe that they play with a mouse before they kill and eat it. But what many humans overlook: the cats play with a lot more mice than they eat. Some mice are released mid in the corn stores. The result is an endless stream of mice to play with and for lunch. And you can't kill and feed the damn cats to your dogs because you need them to reduce the mice. And the reason for the mice are the cats...  You know the movie 'Catch 22' ?

Clever beasts these cats.

We have a very old house cat (norwegian forest cat) and a vagabund. The vagabund is the son of the forest cat and an European wildcat. We call mixes between wildcats and housecats Blender. You know that the only cat which is untamable is the European Wildcat? You know that the European Wildcat has the most weapon weight (claws and teeth) compared to body weight of all cats? It was a hard fight to catch the Blender and bring it to the animal dog for castration. Now it is way less aggressive. I can catch it without loosing an eye and bring it to people who have problems with rats,

Ratdottare is Norwegian for is a rat killer.

p.s.: Our house mouse hunter is a tame weasel ;)  We know why.

• Appreciation 1

I'd actually love to get back into the game again for Sacred 2 if we could play together...it would open up a huge load of possibilibies... Flix's Diablo Mod...finally for he masses!

:dance:

gogo

On 7/3/2019 at 6:26 AM, gogoblender said:

Cats are amazing! I hated them for many years.  Finally getting one here for changed my mind about them and in fact how I felt about animals.  You're look like they're well spoiled... bravo...keep it up!

:bounce:

gogo

Oh we spoil him LOTS... His other daddy has to bribe him with the soft sachets of food when he comes back from the cruise ships... but I am always around, so it is only when I put flea/tick ointment on him, or bathe him that he is upset with me... also only for a day... then he needs to get love and cuddles...

I also thought that I am more of a dog person, and I never thought that I would get a cat... but now I realize, I just like animals...