Near-Invincible Ice Elf Build - Console

Ice elf is really powerful but too much lag in online games when spamming RN :P Crystal Skin + GI really, I mean REALLY is powerful. First started HE, and looked at the GI description, can't even believe such CA existed... wish every char would have a -regen buff that you can eat unlimited runes lol... make caster a piece of cake. thx for the guide.

• 2 months later...
I don't really understand your question, but if you want to know if you can use this build for a fire elf the answer would be no.

You are much better off finding yourself a nice fire build. :)

What I was trying to say is that could I also use this build to

Build a fire elf or would it be more complicated?

• 8 months later...

I'm on level 10 in silver, but I'm getting ravaged by mobs on the PS3... I've tried utilizing fire skills to use while the ice skills cool down, but I end up running around way too much for my killing to be efficient. What would be a good skill set up for CA usage to ensure I don't get walloped? Haven't died yet, but I'm definitely pounding down potions like there's no tomorrow...

Let me share the rules I lived by with my console HE.

1. Never stop moving

2. Never stop firing

3. Regen above all else

Starting out, slot Blazing Tempest, Glacial Thorns and Cobalt Strike, then just cycle through them. Keep moving. If there is enough space, run circles around the enemy. You do not have to stop and turn to fire a CA, just hit the button and she will target for you. If you cannot run circles around them, just do a fighting withdrawal. Again she will turn and fire automatically when you hit the button. Do nothing that will hurt your regen.

• Like! 1

Let me share the rules I lived by with my console HE.

1. Never stop moving

2. Never stop firing

3. Regen above all else

Starting out, slot Blazing Tempest, Glacial Thorns and Cobalt Strike, then just cycle through them. Keep moving. If there is enough space, run circles around the enemy. You do not have to stop and turn to fire a CA, just hit the button and she will target for you. If you cannot run circles around them, just do a fighting withdrawal. Again she will turn and fire automatically when you hit the button. Do nothing that will hurt your regen.

My HE is now level 18, and she does pretty well for herself now. I can see why RN can be a good crowd controller, but it's a little weak on enemies that aren't kobolds right now. So far I have my Glacial Thorns and Crystal Skin fully modded, so I think I'll try and work on nimbus next. Stamina shows that my arts regen is at 270.x% right now, and GT is ready to go after about 2.2 seconds, RN after 3.5. That's pretty dang good, right:)

• 6 years later...

This build is sound for a High Elf, yet I would have substituted Bargaining rather than Riding or better still, Combat Discipline, as it speed regeneration and boosts power, even when only one CA is used in the combo rather than the two or three. I have played the HE many more hours than any other character and agree that eating too many runes (other than Grand Invigoration) is a bad idea. Keeping your regeneration time fast (under a second for most CAs) is a key to success.

Edited by Hooyaah
31 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

This build is sound for a High Elf, yet I would have substituted Bargaining rather than Riding or better still, Combat Discipline, as it speed regeneration and boosts power, even when only one CA is used in the combo rather than the two or three. I have played the HE many more hours than any other character and agree that eating too many runes (other than Grand Invigoration) is a bad idea. Keeping your regeneration time fast (under a second for most CAs) is a key to success.

Combos use attack speed rather than casting speed, so keep that in mind.

And Combat Discipline improves damage on all CAs straight away, the only aspect that it changes when they're placed in a combo is the regen time decrease. ;)

But I agree that CD really improves damage. It has become a staple skill in all of my builds because it really makes a difference!

• Like! 1
36 minutes ago, Androdion said:

And Combat Discipline improves damage on all CAs straight away, the only aspect that it changes when they're placed in a combo is the regen time decrease. ;)

But I agree that CD really improves damage. It has become a staple skill in all of my builds because it really makes a difference!

True, you get that benefit regardless of the execution speed bug.  

• 4 years later...

Do not even remember doing this. lol No idea what the hell I was even babbling on about. :lol:

Have to admit, making a shopper is a chore in the extreme, more so because you gimp yourself in the beginning. So the EP makes sense.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, BlackJAC said:

Do not even remember doing this. lol No idea what the hell I was even babbling on about. :lol:

Have to admit, making a shopper is a chore in the extreme, more so because you gimp yourself in the beginning. So the EP makes sense.

:4rofl: 

aint it great revisiting guides we wrote years ago... different people then!

:dragonbrother:

gogo

So I've shamelessly been playing this build again (now level 50), but kinda did something different. I dropped riding and EP, and took bargaining as I had no choice but to go with bargaining as I had no shopper. Being on console, I can't download other folks builds.

So in place of "riding", I took combat discipline, albeit it much later on and just went with bargaining.  No doubt it's a strong build, but it starts off really slow. Like really slow. Kinda found it boring at first because ice damage kinda sucks at times. Especially against the undead. Didn't help I had little or no +all skills or deathblow jewels. It's those that make this build shine.

Something I had to do too was initially make a fire elf just to farm the white griffin, as the ice elf just wasn't cutting it even on bronze. I could kill it with ice, but it was taking waaaaaaaay too long. But eventually got some decent set pieces with sockets on them.

Level 50 and now on gold, it's ripping through most mobs, but at the expense of lacking some defence, so have to chug a few potions still. But without a doubt one of the best boss killers in this game. Even at low levels, it chewed through anything that wasn't the white griffin. Plus that griffin is annoying with it's debuff thing it has going on.

Edited by BlackJAC

BlacJAC, if you get Chance to Halve Regeneration Time to 100% and memorize only enough runes to keep the halved regeneration to a second for Raging Nimbus and under a second for Glacial Thorns, the Ice Damage gets plenty powerful, especially when combined with the right jewelry and armor found by shopping Multiplayer Island. You might want to check out this build.

14 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

BlacJAC, if you get Chance to Halve Regeneration Time to 100% and memorize only enough runes to keep the halved regeneration to a second for Raging Nimbus and under a second for Glacial Thorns, the Ice Damage gets plenty powerful, especially when combined with the right jewelry and armor found by shopping Multiplayer Island. You might want to check out this build.

Hiya, I did read your build and did take some tips away from your thread. It's why I dropped riding and EP. Been so long since I played this, what I stated in my build made sense at the time, but coming back over a decade later, it made little sense. Plus I think the build stood up because I had all the +skill stuff at hand, and decent gear back then too.

I must have had a lot more patience back then too, as I stated defence first, attack second. The problem I have now, that defence was slowing things down to such an extent, I was ready to bin it. Wasn't dying, but wasn't really getting anywhere fast. I do now have both GT and RN down to around .5 secs. Utterly devastating things now on gold and I suspect I'm under levelled being only level 52 and 80% of the way through. trying to rush to plat so my shopper can get the decent stuff.

All that said, the further I'm getting into gold, the more the lack of defence is showing. Still have no deaths, and around 85% survival bonus, but things are getting hairy at times. So gonna have to concentrate more on defences now, now my regens are at a good place. I suspect if I stepped into plat on a level 55, some bosses will 1-shot me.

Edited by BlackJAC

If you can acquire Velaria's Garment that will go a long way to protect your lady. Also, Glacial Defender is great because it had some Damage Mitigation and increase in CA range. Nlovae's Mystery also increases CA range. Try eliminating your opponents from a distance when possible. Glacial Thorns works well on Bosses from a distance. Don't forget + Combat Arts and + Aspect Mystic Stormite with the + All Skills. (+ Ice Damage works well with the aforementioned.)