56 replies to this topic

#21 icantfindaname

icantfindaname

Leaden Juggernaut

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Gamertag:Mauy Thai Guy

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:16 AM

Hi everyone, I just started using this build and its working pretty good, im taking out the riding and EP and putting in CD, not sure about what to use instead of riding. Wouldn't the critical hit mod on GT be better than the pierce one:)

Thanks for this awesome build BlackJAC

#22 Hillmei ter

Hillmei ter

Leaden Juggernaut

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Gamertag:Mr Hilles

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:24 PM

I'm sort of confused do you mean your first 1-50 attribute points you only spend on stamina and then after that 51-200 stamina and to 50 on that other thing? Sorry if its a dumb question just sort of confused.

Also for the skills are you saying you master the first one first before you even learn the 2nd one or what exactly.

Edited by Hillmei ter, 18 November 2009 - 09:26 PM.

#23 confusedxx

confusedxx

Silicon Mage

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 03:18 PM

A couple of noobish questions for you.

1. Why put so much in stamina rather than in magic? I thought a mage needs more magic to do more damage?

2. How do you play this char (is it Area of Effect)? What do you do when lots of mobs run up on the mage?

#24 Spunky

Spunky

Cobalt Warrior

• Fellowship - Supporting Member
  • 3,519 posts
  • Platform:PC

Posted 29 November 2009 - 03:40 PM

1 - I put all into stamina so I can boost the Combat Arts higher without getting high regens.

2 - Already answered in another thread...

#25 confusedxx

confusedxx

Silicon Mage

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:45 AM

Great so far this is fun build. What spells can an Ice mage use from a horse? I know from melee and archers that most Combat Arts cannot be used from a mount :D

Where do you suggest hunting for xp during the first 20 levels? Should I just go along and do the main quest line or is there something like THYLYSIUM Pyromancer HIGH ELF HUNTING GROUND for lower level mages?

#26 ka243

ka243

Chromium Defender

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:50 AM

Great so far this is fun build. What spells can an Ice mage use from a horse? I know from melee and archers that most Combat Arts cannot be used from a mount :(

Where do you suggest hunting for xp during the first 20 levels? Should I just go along and do the main quest line or is there something like THYLYSIUM Pyromancer HIGH ELF HUNTING GROUND for lower level mages?

Here is what I do for early hunting:
Somewhere near the beginning of the game, when you have enough armor, Ice Skin and start a bronze game, go piff off some kobolds so they attack you, then watch them hit you until you get a high survival bonus so that you will have better stats from said survival bonus and a better chance to find valuables that you get from this.

We will get to level 20 in the fastest way I know how which is this: Start a new game in bronze or silver, Accept the quest to kill the kobold chieftan and recover the dude's stolen artifacts.

Teleport to western tyr lyasa, go get the dudes stolen artifacts killing some kobolds on the way. Continue north to the kobold area and enter the cave right near the entrance to the kobold cave. Go into the cave and drink a mentor and concentration potion. Mow down ALL the enemies in the cave, checking the graves to wake up the zombie-like enemies that give lots of experience. Exit the cave, you will have killed more than 40 kobolds in the cave alone.

Kill kobold chieftan. Teleport to soleford and claim the quest rewards for 13000+ experience and sometimes some nifty items!

Rinse and repeat until level 20. I've found this is a very very fast way to level up at low levels.

Let me know how it turns out. I hope this is helpful.
Xbox 360 single player: level 104 BFG seraphim (Niob Completed), level 88 niob Pyromancer High Elf Shopper/Treasure hunter, level 30 Temple Guardian tank/warden.

My take on the BFG Seraphim guide: http://darkmatters.o...h...c=13311&hl=
Read this if you play on consoles: http://www.sacredwik...acred_2:Xbox360

#27 confusedxx

confusedxx

Silicon Mage

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 01:59 AM

Following the guide and advice here, I have made it to lv 17. Taking down the kobold champ is very tough because he regenerates health as fast as I cast glacier thorns so I never get him down more than 5%. Thus I went to get the special mount. That should cut my regen time down a bit.
What other advice can you give for kobold champ? I use only glacier thorns because cobalt bolt and fire spells do virtually no damage to that guy - my sword does more ;(

#28 chattius

chattius

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• 3,268 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:53 AM

Also in this guide section is the shield maid of my daughter. It is for PC and had no access to regeneration per hit (RpH) before the AddOn. The console had (RpH) from the beginning. The idea is to use arcane melee style in the beginning of the game and develope the ice tree later. But with RpH a full hybrid playstyle is possible:
Do an ice storm, do a magic coup and at a successful weapon hit RpH kicks in. If you have 1 second RpH every weapon hit will shorten your regeneration (not cooldown) by this 1 second.
My daughter in niob has RpH around 2 seconds and can have 6 high level snow storms at the same time because she removes her regeneration times with RpH. But you have to play melee range for this hybrid so you need a decend protection. Life leech from magic coup fills your health bar quite quickly.

Some people say that the shield maid plays nice on a console.
Dieses Lied ist für einen guten Kumpel der seinen letzten Kampf gegen seine Krankheit verloren hat:
Über den Wolken

This song is for a good friend from my aero-club who lost his final battle against cancer.

#29 confusedxx

confusedxx

Silicon Mage

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 06:27 AM

Also in this guide section is the shield maid of my daughter. It is for PC and had no access to regeneration per hit (RpH) before the AddOn. The console had (RpH) from the beginning. The idea is to use arcane melee style in the beginning of the game and develope the ice tree later. But with RpH a full hybrid playstyle is possible:
Do an ice storm, do a magic coup and at a successful weapon hit RpH kicks in. If you have 1 second RpH every weapon hit will shorten your regeneration (not cooldown) by this 1 second.
My daughter in niob has RpH around 2 seconds and can have 6 high level snow storms at the same time because she removes her regeneration times with RpH. But you have to play melee range for this hybrid so you need a decend protection. Life leech from magic coup fills your health bar quite quickly.

Some people say that the shield maid plays nice on a console.

what is the shield maiden you speak of? I play on console and found that the glacier thorns is sometimes a problem on console because of targetting

#30 chattius

chattius

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• 3,268 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:24 AM

The shield maiden
Dieses Lied ist für einen guten Kumpel der seinen letzten Kampf gegen seine Krankheit verloren hat:
Über den Wolken

This song is for a good friend from my aero-club who lost his final battle against cancer.

#31 confusedxx

confusedxx

Silicon Mage

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:20 AM

BlackJAC

Is there any problem with taking EP before concentration? I am currently lv 17 and took Delphic Arcania Focus. I will continue to Farm Kobold Champion until lv 18 / 19 and then I want to move to Orc Caves. I figure Orc Caves with EP would be better than Orc Caves with Concentration since the great drops I could find with EP. What would be the impact if I switch the order on those 2?

Skills (in order)

Posted Image Riding - Nothing special here merely add 5 points to enable EP

Posted Image Concentration - 1 point is all that's required as to run two buffs

Posted Image Constitution - I have to admit after swearing by this skill with previous builds, I never felt the need to unduly pump points into this on this occasion. If at any time I felt I needed a little more hit points, I added points, but never felt any urgency to master it with this build.

#32 sam6555

sam6555

Chromium Defender

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Gamertag:sam6555

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:33 PM

I just read on another page that ice magic is flawedon console versions due to targetting. And I had favorited this build to my high elf build...do you guys think this build would work as a Pyromancer just by switching the stormite for Pyromancer? Would anything else need changing in the build at all?

Thanks for the help =D

#33 adamz10

adamz10

Polonium Wizard

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • PSN ID:adamz1993

Posted 27 January 2010 - 12:57 AM

Looks cool will have to try it out.

#34 andersoncks

andersoncks

Leaden Juggernaut

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Gamertag:sd
  • PSN ID:sd

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:30 AM

My ice-elf finished niob at level 91, its easy since you can slow down all monsters but all the stuffs are higher than level 120 so its no point farming in niob

#35 BlackJAC

BlackJAC

Silicon Mage

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:01 PM

Just got back into playing this game again after months away. For those people that asked whether or not certain skills could be taken before others, the simple answer would be yes. Like any build, utility skills and skill order is personal preference.

EP can easily be replaced by bargaining, I just didn't like the tedious, time consuming nature of that particular skill. It requires a lot of time going round vendors just to find a certain item, when EP rewards you for actually doing something enjoyable. Granted, you're not going to get specific items like you do with bargaining, but the game isn't so insanely difficult that you need to be kitted out with a full suit of +12 all skills.

#36 Edoraz

Edoraz

Leaden Juggernaut

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Gamertag:Edoraz

Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:25 PM

I gotta come in and say, this build rocks! I'm enjoying the heck out of this build, and having a ton of fun with my new dark HE.

Thanks for making a great bulid, BlackJAC. :)

#37 Blastfirez

Blastfirez

Leaden Juggernaut

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 02:32 PM

Are you saying that I need to master Mystic Stormite Lore before I learn Armore Lore? I´m new to the game

#38 essjayehm

essjayehm

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• FDM Moderator
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:03 PM

Are you saying that I need to master Mystic Stormite Lore before I learn Armore Lore? I´m new to the game

Oh, goodness, no! :)

The "mastery" of a skill cannot happen until your character is level 75, minimum. You get new skills at levels 2,3,5,8,12,18,25,35,50 and 65, so you will have all your skills picked before you get any mastered. usually :)

The notes regarding mastery is a "guide" where to spend your alloted skill points. Highest priority to MS Lore, next highest MS Focus, etc. Once you get into the flow of the game, you will understand what this means!
Posted Image

#39 Blastfirez

Blastfirez

Leaden Juggernaut

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:22 PM

Oh, goodness, no! :)

The "mastery" of a skill cannot happen until your character is level 75, minimum. You get new skills at levels 2,3,5,8,12,18,25,35,50 and 65, so you will have all your skills picked before you get any mastered. usually ;)

The notes regarding mastery is a "guide" where to spend your alloted skill points. Highest priority to MS Lore, next highest MS Focus, etc. Once you get into the flow of the game, you will understand what this means!

Thanks for the help! :)

Edited by Blastfirez, 23 March 2010 - 04:24 PM.

#40 medievalzeus

medievalzeus

Indium Shaman

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:04 AM

I'm still new to the game but how can you find your penalty level for Crystal Skin?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users