• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 BlackJAC

BlackJAC

Silicon Mage

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:53 AM

I'm still new to the game but how can you find your penalty level for Crystal Skin?

What platform are you playing on?

I'm using the 360 version so you'd press the Right shoulder button once you have highlighted the MS focus, on the skill page. By pressing the RB button it brings up an info page on that particular skill and that's where you'll get that information from.

If you're playing on the PS3 or PC, then I'm sure someone will come along and tell you what's required. I'm also fairly positive this information can be found in the instruction manual. however, if you're like me, you won't have bothered reading it.

Edited by BlackJAC, 05 April 2010 - 06:55 AM.

#42 medievalzeus

medievalzeus

Indium Shaman

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:34 AM

I'm still new to the game but how can you find your penalty level for Crystal Skin?

I'm using the 360 version so you'd press the Right shoulder button once you have highlighted the MS focus, on the skill page. By pressing the RB button it brings up an info page on that particular skill and that's where you'll get that information from.

If you're playing on the PS3 or PC, then I'm sure someone will come along and tell you what's required. I'm also fairly positive this information can be found in the instruction manual. however, if you're like me, you won't have bothered reading it.

I actually found out right after I posted this. Lol.

Also I noticed that I can kill the kobold leader on bronze but not silver with this build (level 10).

Should I stick to bronze or just keep killing the kobolds in silver?

I also can't find the quest to do the lost artifacts.. lol.

#43 Q Slick

Q Slick

Leaden Juggernaut

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 03:42 AM

I actually found out right after I posted this. Lol.

Also I noticed that I can kill the kobold leader on bronze but not silver with this build (level 10).

Should I stick to bronze or just keep killing the kobolds in silver?

I also can't find the quest to do the lost artifacts.. lol.

Been a while since I actually did this, but in Sloeford, there's a building with a sort of round shaped fence in front with several tables in front of the building. The NPC you want is just inside that fence near the tables.

#44 blakeusx

blakeusx

Leaden Juggernaut

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:55 PM

Hey I'd like some advice, I'm attempting this build with a little differency.
I'm adding pure int instead of vit/stamina for about the first 10 levels for some more damage behind stuff, im taking concentration and constitution early to counteract the combat times and lack of health too :)
im using about +9 allskills too.
do you think this will work out?

#45 candesco

candesco

Radon Master

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Platform:PC

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:42 AM

Hey I'd like some advice, I'm attempting this build with a little differency.
I'm adding pure int instead of vit/stamina for about the first 10 levels for some more damage behind stuff, im taking concentration and constitution early to counteract the combat times and lack of health too :P
im using about +9 allskills too.
do you think this will work out?

I wouldn't just rely on intelligence alone. Add also points to vitality, it helps alot. Next to that; Ancient Magic also increase the damage output of spells, as well as the stormite lore does for the mystic stormite tree (which you use alot)
Although there are builds which are using intelligence for the most, like the bolting terror build. But that build also use stamina.

I use this build myself on the pc, but also have changed it. At the moment my elf is level 18. I've spent a few points in stamina, but the most in vitality and also some in intelligence. At the first level I unlocked armor lore, then I went for storm lore, concentration as third, then arcania focus and ancient magic. spent 10 points in armor lore, 17 in storm lore, 10 in DA focus. Concentration is just 1. Eated 9 runes of GI and unlocked the bronze mod storm experience. Unlike the topicstarter I do use Frost Flare and have gold modded that as first. Glacial Thorns is effective yes, but so is frost flare. With the mods freeze, frost and icy circle you can easily slow down enemies and let them freeze. If you hit at the right spot you can even hit a group. The advantage of frost flare is that you can use it against single enemies and against groups and with it you can slow them down. I used FF against a group of kobolds, including a chief, and they all went suddently down only with FF. Just hit the chief with FF and just watch as they drop down. So far I use frost flare alot, together with Glacial Thorns and also Cobalt Strike (which I also mod). Blazing tempest as sort of backup, just in case. Regentime is pretty low. GT is around 2.5, FF 3,0 and CS also something like that and that with crystal skin activated (and ofcourse also GI). CS works great, actually the same as ancient bark from the dryad. So far the elf doesn't get a scratch, even not with groups of kobolds. Well, only one time with a very large group and 2 champions in it (was near the temple of noriath). I had to use 2 healing potions. But so far she hadn't died, so the survival bonus is pretty high now. Spells doesn't have an effect on the elf. I use one piece of Faladal's blizzard set (faladal's cord) and one of the delphic arcania set. I'm still at Tyr Lysia and haven't visited Thylysium yet. Used the area around celestial dome and noriath's temple as farming ground. At the very beginning, just when you start, I used the fire demon for a little while. A fire demon with an ice elf? Yep, but only temporary. You can use the little guy to dispatch the enemies. Just set him on individually and have it set to spread out. It takes a little while, but they go down. Your elf is very weak in the beginning, so you can use the demon in a strategic way to get rid of the enemies. After you got runes for the stormite tree and GI and you have now strenghten yourself you can swap the devil for GI and CS.
I'm planning not to use constitution and shied lore. As the elf is already pretty strong with the use of crystal skin and putting points in vitality I have the feeling you can also swap constitution and shield lore for something else.
Tactics lore and magic staffs for example; to make an allround ice mage (what's a mage without a staff) or delphic arcania lore and combat discipline for a hybrid build.

Edited by candesco, 20 May 2010 - 03:35 AM.

#46 xdragoonz

xdragoonz

Polonium Wizard

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:47 PM

I read the other ice build on this site and two of them saythat one of the crystal skin silver mod is bugged on the console version. One say that its the feel cold mod while the other say its the focalize one. Do you know something about it?

#47 candesco

candesco

Radon Master

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:33 AM

Sorry, I don't know anything about the console version as I play myself on the pc.

#48 luckysim0n

luckysim0n

Leaden Juggernaut

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • PSN ID:spn2509

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:25 AM

im new to sacred 2 and playing it on the ps3 after failing miserably with my inquistor build I thought I would give your HE a go.Well ive got to level 20 (no death)so far and am enjoying the experience more but ithink I am doing something wrong as I just went to have a go at the Kobold chieftan and didnt even make a dint on him also the undead are still causing me problems.I dont use weapons just the CAs as they dont seem to hit very often and I get wasted.I also have to carry a shield in one of my slots because without I get annihalated even with CS.I am not finding many pills to pop most of them seem to be fire the most I have taken for I CA is 4 should I be finding more.Thanks in advance guys.

#49 uwabaki

uwabaki

Leaden Juggernaut

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Gamertag:none
  • PSN ID:nne

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:49 AM

hi

first off thnx for the great guide and the time u spent making it.

just a couple of questions if I may.

1. how many runes should I read into each spell roughly (I know about crystal skin its at pen level)

2. I,ve only learnt grand invigoration what other da,s should I learn please.

thnx

#50 danielgomes08

danielgomes08

Polonium Wizard

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • PSN ID:danielgomes08

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:51 AM

Sorry, wrong topic :blush:

Could someone erase this?

Edited by danielgomes08, 05 August 2010 - 11:52 AM.

#51 DarkKnight

DarkKnight

Indium Shaman

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Platform:PS3

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:12 AM

Ice elf is really powerful but too much lag in online games when spamming RN :P Crystal Skin + GI really, I mean REALLY is powerful. First started HE, and looked at the GI description, can't even believe such CA existed... wish every char would have a -regen buff that you can eat unlimited runes lol... make caster a piece of cake. thx for the guide.

#52 Infected

Infected

Leaden Juggernaut

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 09:15 PM

Could I use this for a fire build as well sence
The ice worked?
<Why are you Smiling?......THERE's NO SMILES IN WAR!

#53 Hacksaw32

Hacksaw32

Chromium Defender

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:29 PM

I don't really understand your question, but if you want to know if you can use this build for a fire elf the answer would be no.

You are much better off finding yourself a nice fire build. :)
Sacred 2 Fallen Angel X-box 360

43 BFG Seraphim
19 Fire High Elf

As of 21/10/2010

#54 Infected

Infected

Leaden Juggernaut

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:34 AM

I don't really understand your question, but if you want to know if you can use this build for a fire elf the answer would be no.

You are much better off finding yourself a nice fire build. :)

What I was trying to say is that could I also use this build to
Build a fire elf or would it be more complicated?
<Why are you Smiling?......THERE's NO SMILES IN WAR!

#55 grandcrosssteve

grandcrosssteve

Master of Antimony

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • PSN ID:none

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:09 PM

I'm on level 10 in silver, but I'm getting ravaged by mobs on the PS3... I've tried utilizing fire skills to use while the ice skills cool down, but I end up running around way too much for my killing to be efficient. What would be a good skill set up for CA usage to ensure I don't get walloped? Haven't died yet, but I'm definitely pounding down potions like there's no tomorrow...

#56 lujate

lujate

Cobalt Warrior

• 2,906 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:34 PM

Let me share the rules I lived by with my console HE.

1. Never stop moving
2. Never stop firing
3. Regen above all else

Starting out, slot Blazing Tempest, Glacial Thorns and Cobalt Strike, then just cycle through them. Keep moving. If there is enough space, run circles around the enemy. You do not have to stop and turn to fire a CA, just hit the button and she will target for you. If you cannot run circles around them, just do a fighting withdrawal. Again she will turn and fire automatically when you hit the button. Do nothing that will hurt your regen.
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it." -Gandhi

#57 grandcrosssteve

grandcrosssteve

Master of Antimony

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • PSN ID:none

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:46 PM

Let me share the rules I lived by with my console HE.

1. Never stop moving
2. Never stop firing
3. Regen above all else

Starting out, slot Blazing Tempest, Glacial Thorns and Cobalt Strike, then just cycle through them. Keep moving. If there is enough space, run circles around the enemy. You do not have to stop and turn to fire a CA, just hit the button and she will target for you. If you cannot run circles around them, just do a fighting withdrawal. Again she will turn and fire automatically when you hit the button. Do nothing that will hurt your regen.

My HE is now level 18, and she does pretty well for herself now. I can see why RN can be a good crowd controller, but it's a little weak on enemies that aren't kobolds right now. So far I have my Glacial Thorns and Crystal Skin fully modded, so I think I'll try and work on nimbus next. Stamina shows that my arts regen is at 270.x% right now, and GT is ready to go after about 2.2 seconds, RN after 3.5. That's pretty dang good, right:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users