The "Ice & Blood" head start of the German community gave us the possibility to set up some answers to the questions you may pose after the release. This thread will be updated as soon as we have new items for it.
Along with the list we posted, you will find also helpful hints other players wish to share with you.
You can find the Ice & Blood FAQ Thread here: http://forum.sacrede...8330#post618330
Anca Adelina Finta
From the FAQ Thread:
Some answers and advices for the "Ice & Bood" release on 2nd of October:
- You will be able to enter the new regions with the old characters having the classic game and the addon installed.
- The servers will be split in "Addon" and "classic". Player with the classic version will not be able to play together with players with the addon.
- The lobby remains for all players like it was before. Players with the addon will be able to chat with players without the addon in the lobby (and vice-versa), but players without the addon won't be able to go into the "addon" servers, likewise, players with the addon won't be able to go into the "classic" servers.
- On the Addon DvD are all the previous patches, so you don't have to download them in case you need them again. You will still have to install them, if you did not do that before already.
- You need to have the classic version 2.43 installed in order to install and play the addon. The addon is not a stand alone.
- Your characters will have to be saved in patch 2.43 once before you throw them into the adventures in "Ice&Blood". One of the functions of 2.43 was to convert the save games such that they can be loaded in the expansion. If you missed that, you have the possibility to reinstall everything from the scratch, stop at the patch 2.43, save your character in ClosedNet once and continue with installing the Addon.
- The Addon is not planned for console.
- You can download the whole EN Readme from here.
- You can use the new hair styles and skin colors only for the characters created after installing the addon. (here is a known bug about characters (not the dragon mage) switching the color to default after entering the game.)
- The windows7 is not listed on the box, so there will be no support for it. Though Deep Silver is doing all the efforts to fix this issue in the next patch. Here is already a "how to" on the SecuROM support site: https://support.secu...op_sacred2.html.
- The addon published by Deep Silver will come out in Deep Silver territories. This means: Portugal, Sweden, South Africa, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, UK, Italy, Spain, France.
- Deep Silver Shops are here.
- The Addon will increase the number of character slots on your ClosedNet account by 2.
- Characters saved in the Addon will not be backward compatible with a classic version.
- The US classic version is not compatible with the UK "Ice & Blood". Sorry. We have no new info about "Ice & Blood" in the US area.
Your Sacred 2 - Team
F-Secure 2010 issue:
source: from chattius
"After updating to F-Secure 2010 Sacred2-AddOn wasn't starting anymore. Since unloading F-Secure made it running again, I was scanning the F-Secure Knowledge base:"
 Internet Security 2010 issue with copyprotected software
This article describes an issue with F-Secure Internet Security 2010 and
some copyprotected games.
F-Secure Internet Security 2010 might cause some copyprotected games
to stop working if advanced process monitoring is enabled while the game
To resolve the situation turn off the advanced process monitoring
when playing the copy protected game.
1. Open F-Secure
2. Go to advanced settings
3. Under computer select DeepGuard
4. Uncheck "Use advanced process monitoring"
5. Press OK
9/15/2009 11:08:00 AM