Hello guys on Thrusday October 8th I'll be in carmel, indiana for my MEPS processing (MEPS = Military Entrance Processing Station)

I'll be joining the Army as a Combat Engineer. Just throught I'd let my favorite forum know this little bit of info =]

So dont expect me to be on thrusday

With love,

Nicholas

aka

Nostalgic Ninja

Wow thanks for replies and will do gogo =]

(Yes we are important: Construction, destruction, IED/explosive ordnance defuser/planter)

I just pray that if I make it through meps processing that I dont get blown up in OSUT (basic and AIT training all in one package 14 weeks straight x3)

Sincerely,

Nicholas

Edited by nostalgic

Good luck with your processing and training!

I was in the military for about nine years (starting when I was 17!) and it certainly has helped shape who I am today.

ty again for replies, technically I leave tomorrow at 3:00 pm and sleep overnight until Thursday morning ( im gonna hate that wake up call in the hotelbut ugh....one thing I will hate most of if they DO make me strip to boxers...gonna have to shut the door xD dont want everyone starin at my almost naked self xDDD)

BTW Ansgar what you enter military for if you dont mind me askin?

Myself as stated before is Combat Engineering 21B MOS

(btw, pray that my recruiter dont mess up my transportation, im not walkin from carmel back to kokomo...x3)

I'll update tomorrow in my Graphic Design class then I'll be off till friday,

Nicholas

P.s> IMA CONSTRUCT THAT BRIDGE, DESTRUCT IT, AND BUILD IT AGAIN! WANNA KNOW WHY? COMBAT ENGINEER CAUSE I CAN HEHEHEHE...nah nah...gotta follow rules dont need court martial if I pass meps xD

Good Luck in the Army

Ex-Navy here. Just make sure you take advantage of all the educational/college programs while you're in. It's how I got my Bachelor's Degree.

Cheers on such a brave choice in life Nicholas. Good luck on becoming a Sapper! That will no doubt be a tremendous amount of knowledge and skill that you will acquire. lol @ "strip to boxers".

... I just pray that if I make it through meps processing that I dont get blown up in OSUT (basic and AIT training all in one package 14 weeks straight x3) ...

I still remember my 3 months basic training under a Marine DI. I wouldn't want to live through that ever again but would never want to loose the memories either.

I started out in 1965 as a US Navy Enlisted and made it all the way to E-6 before I got demoted to O-1 after 11 years and a Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science. I retired after 22 years as a Naval Flight Officer, one of the few people who can tell pilots where to go and get away with it. :)

Good luck with the physical. I still remember the long line of us stripped down to nothing but our underwear when in waltzed a female Navy doctor to check us all for hernias! Talk about embarrassment! :)

Edited by Spock

Ty for your input guys at 3:00 pm today I head out for MEPS as stated I will be off until friday as you have NO internet access during your stay there =]

All my heart,

Nicholas

P.S. Spock its always an honor to meet people who have served our country. =]

My first unit was a combat engineer unit.... Ah the memories.

Myself I was a 92G which is an Army cook. Incidentally when the modern army goes to war they contract out a lot (read: all) of the cooking work so you essentially become extra infantry. Found this one out the hard way.

Nostalgic I see you live in IN. I deployed to Iraq with a unit from IN, a transportation company (542 Trans.)

Listen to Knuckles and take advantage of the military education money. I used it to cover part of my BS and am now working on my PhD and a medical degree. The military can really help you to get a great start to the rest of your life.

Ty ansgar,

guys I got some not bad but disappointing news: I was put temporary disqualification over an apparent cyst I never found so meps wants me to get it diagnosed, treated, and have all the records for it in their office for me to continue the process, incidentally we are on a budget in my family so this should be completed in November

ATTENTION: THIS DOES NOT MEAN IM NOT JOINING IT ONLY MEANS I AM DELAYED TILL I GET THE CYST REMOVED AND FILE THE RECORDS IN MEPS THROUGH MY RECRUITER OTHERWISE I HAVE PASSED ALL OTHER ASPECTS OF PROCESSING WITH FLYING COLORS.

TY FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT AND I'LL ANSWER ANY AND ALL MESSAGES VIA PM SO THAT THIS THREAD DOESN'T INTERFERE WITH NEW ONES POSTED

Love with all my heart guys and gals,

Nicholas

aka

Nostalgic Ninja

P.S. send me a pm if you wish to respond to this and I ask Gogo or any other admin to lock this thread so it cannot interfere with new topics (I will update all who pm me on my progress as I attempt to get this Temporary DQ out of my way to enlisting). Thank You.

Hey Nostalgic,

It has not been locked, probably cuz folks in these types of communities actually care about their members.

I hope all gets sorted out for you.

My enlistment into the army, was the best thing I've ever done for myself.

Keep after it.

And again, Thanks for serving.

Jet

Glad its only a delay and something you will have taken care of soon Nostalgic! :D

As for your topic it wont interfere with this sub forum dont worry about it. But if you want it closed and want to keep everything else via P.M. I will lock the topic for you. :D

Glad its only a delay and something you will have taken care of soon Nostalgic! :)

As for your topic it wont interfere with this sub forum dont worry about it. But if you want it closed and want to keep everything else via P.M. I will lock the topic for you. :)

easier for me to send pms to everyone that wants them than to continuosly bump up this topic =]

Sincerely,

Nicholas

Glad its only a delay and something you will have taken care of soon Nostalgic! :)

As for your topic it wont interfere with this sub forum dont worry about it. But if you want it closed and want to keep everything else via P.M. I will lock the topic for you. :)

easier for me to send pms to everyone that wants them than to continuosly bump up this topic =]

Sincerely,

Nicholas

The discussion on this topic here is valid. Ìt`s a great topic on your road, your interractions with our community, the reflection of their faith and good wishes, support, interest, but most importantly... a caring for you. :)

I don`t understand why you want this topic to be locked up now Nicholas... but as Kat has said, if you want us to lock it up we can.

:)

gogo

Just an old habit gogo, may be valid but might stop people from seeing an even more important thread (habit originated from my old administrating days on 3 different forums =/) in short I'd rather send pms to people that really care than get the good ol common courtesy good luck or thank you (I type fast so to me emailing happens very quickly and doesnt linger all that long, also, less checking to see if anyones posted in the topic =])

Sincerely,

Nicholas

P.S. the three forums I helped run were all complex RolePlay muds so...used to lots of emails and im sort of a grammer nazi you could say.

• 2 months later...
Good decision man, the Marine Corps has done a LOT for me the 2 years I've been in. I kinda wish I had been anything other than my current MOS (0621 Field Radio Operator) cuz all I do is inventory gear all day every day lol

Best of luck to ya man

LCpl Myers

Thanks and LCpl too(Lance Corporal for those who not up to military lingo)? brownie points to you comrade :D Good luck to you in your service to a great nation. :paladin:

Edited by nostalgic
Good decision man, the Marine Corps has done a LOT for me the 2 years I've been in. I kinda wish I had been anything other than my current MOS (0621 Field Radio Operator) cuz all I do is inventory gear all day every day lol

Best of luck to ya man

LCpl Myers

Thanks and LCpl too(Lance Corporal for those who not up to military lingo)? brownie points to you comrade :( Good luck to you in your service to a great nation. ;)

I dont even do my MOS, I pick up trash and clean tents lol

Unfortunately LCpl its usually what happens to most (not all) of the new recruits. First two years or so you don't even work in your field. Unless, and here is my suggestion, after you do your daily duties or every moment you get a chance get over to where your tech field is. Show your face and interest. Get involved. Believe me (Ex-Navy Aviation Mechanic, Hydraulics 16 yrs) every time I saw one of the youngins hanging around and wanting to learn I would scoop'em up as fast as I could. There is nothing better than a bright young kid who is willing to learn and do extra. 9 out of 10 times I was able to get them out of the scullery (non-mos job) and into my shop before they had fullfilled their time there, and most importantly before they got burned out thinking that they will never get to do what they trained for.

And the parrot Knuckles.... please take advantage of the education. Its free, if not 90% paid for.

Keep your dream alive, don't get burned out.

Unfortunately LCpl its usually what happens to most (not all) of the new recruits. First two years or so you don't even work in your field. Unless, and here is my suggestion, after you do your daily duties or every moment you get a chance get over to where your tech field is. Show your face and interest. Get involved. Believe me (Ex-Navy Aviation Mechanic, Hydraulics 16 yrs) every time I saw one of the youngins hanging around and wanting to learn I would scoop'em up as fast as I could. There is nothing better than a bright young kid who is willing to learn and do extra. 9 out of 10 times I was able to get them out of the scullery (non-mos job) and into my shop before they had fullfilled their time there, and most importantly before they got burned out thinking that they will never get to do what they trained for.

And the parrot Knuckles.... please take advantage of the education. Its free, if not 90% paid for.

Keep your dream alive, don't get burned out.

well, its pretty bad when I've been a lance for 15 months and im more MOS proficient than most of my corporals and some of my sergeants lol

Not sure how it works in the Army, but all the correspondence courses I took in addition to the college courses also helped when I came up for advancement. I made E-6 in 6 years :)