DarkMatters - Very Scary Pumpkin Contest

I'm not so happy with the first 2, the eyes are... bad

pumpkin.jpg

pumpkin-1.png

This one's eyes took far less time but are better in my opinion

pumpkin2.jpg

:)

I still don't feel they match the rest of the picture, but I couldn't figure out how to make them look 3D properly while painting

(Or maybe I just didn't think about it properly...)

Edited by fRACTAL
I can't see your second pumpkin, but maybe it's just my browser that mucks thing up.

It's a PNG, what browser, and did you try fullscreening it?

EDIT: It's the same as the first, just with a transparent background for easier cutting out

Also, @ Schot, you can use my real name, it's cool

but TimOfDoom just seemed so... childish

EDIT again: I seem to be Mr.Edit today, anyway, Schot, I'd love to be able to do the vector one, but I can't for the life of me understand the pen tool, I need a really good tutorial to explain it to me before I could use it.

Edited by fRACTAL

It was my browser that didn't work properly, just started up Mozilla Firefox and then it worked fine.

I know all about having a childish name, I used to have the name Spunky666 at SIF :)

It was my browser that didn't work properly, just started up Mozilla Firefox and then it worked fine.

I know all about having a childish name, I used to have the name Spunky666 at SIF :)

Oh lord, 666, I know all about that number...

*shudder*

My normal name now is ChaosTheorem, but fRACTAL fits sigs better

:D

Love that pumpkin Tim. Especially the first one. I like those eyes. :)

Time to open up a voting topic! I'll be changing the skin sometime today and voting for the most faved pumpkin will continue for the next 2 days. Can't wait to a bran new pumpkin for the skin! :D

If anyone has a last minute entry you've got about 3 hours to do so. :D

A patch of Dark Pumpkins...just the thing for some holiday pie. There's some great work with the eyes on the gourds, something that I always like to look at and see if there's something that pulls my eye.

Thanks everyone for showing up and leaving your carving, can hardly wait for the vote

:D

gogo