I was looking around and found this game to look quite interesting, have seen some advertising for it but didn't give it much attention before someone I know said it was quite good.

http://risen.deepsilver.com/blog/pages/en/...overview_en.php

I really would like that if someone have played a little that they give some feedback about their experience :lol:

• 1 month later...

Well guys its falls in the same genre as the Gothic games if you have played those. But dont let my first sentence fool you its supposed to be x100 better than those games.

the world is open world just like Oblivion and fallout you can pick up everything so im told. only thing your not able to do is swim...and in the second clip is it me or had deepsilver used Lizardmen again:P

Edited by genmei
  • 1 month later...

Risen is much like Gothic. Not a big surprise, because it's the same developer; Piranha Bytes.

But Risen has not the many bugs of Gothic 3. It's more like gothic 2. Risen is set on the island of Faranga. It is much smaller then Gothic 3.

There are actually 3 factions which you can join; The bandits, under the lead by The Don, The Inquisition and the mages.

It is an open world yes, but watch your step. Risen is a so called sandbox game. You have to explore everything of yourself.

There is probably one downside: you can only play with a male character. Overall it's a fun game. You can cook your own meat and fish, explore the area, do quests.

• 1 year later...

Thanks genmei I'm playing this game (or trying). Watching the gameplay video you linked helped me understand combat. Blocking seems important the guy is mostly holding down block and then striking occasionally. I died on the first vulture many times.

Anyone else play this game? I might just play it on easy for the story? What has anyone else thought of this game?

Combat does look REALLY boring.

Edited by claudius