Graphic Tablet

hello DM :) been a little while, I just bought myself a wacom drawing/graphics tablet a week back, and its so much fun! lol im still messing around with it, pretty hard getting used to... its like drawing on the floor and get the picture up on you wall :/

so anyway, im playing around with it, making linearts on paper and scanning them in and then use the tablet magic in photoshop.. or just drawing the whole thing in photoshop!

anyone else got one? :D I think I'll mess around some more before I contribute... :P:angry:

no wait ill put in the first thing I tried to draw on the tablet...

kinda crappy really... hehe. did it just for fun and kinda fast because I was so excited :) (still is)

industrialization.jpg

http://gnilre.deviantart.com/art/industrialization-138879887 <-- im so excited I even made a deviant art profile.. lol feel free to click it if you want to give me a pageview (which is a good thing) :P

im trying to work on a little more serius picture, spent about 7 hours and its not even close to done so far. hehe

anyway, if you like drawing I recommend you to buy a tablet.. :D its really fun (some are expensive ((like intus -.-) and some are cheap ((bamboo))

Oh Erling. Now I want one! Actually I've been entertaining the thought of buying one for a bout a year. Now that you've posted about your new toy I'm checking the stores online. Woohoo. I want, I want. :D Found one on Craigslist for a decent price.

Love your drawing of the buildings there. It looks like the start of something veeeery cool. :D What kind of tablet did you get:) :D

:D well I you should get one of the wacom models to be sure it works with photoshop or painter :) (which in my opinion is superior to everything else, hehe) some others have problem with drivers and such (I've heard)

anyway I started off with buing a pretty cheap model :) ''Bamboo pen and touch'' for 1099kr ( abouts 205 canadian dollazz I thinks) to play with :D

im going to buy a intus 3 or 4 when I get my macbook :) *runs around in a circle* (it's a kinda long wait though... :P )

this bamboo have 250ish touchy spots thingies (and a fun touch screen, lol)... and you shouldent use this model for computers with bigger screens than like 15'' so its a laptop thingy

the intus gots about 2000 I think (of the spot thingies) ... you can customize it for you screen and how much of the table you'd like to be.. ''paper''? -.-

and honestly... 250 is enough to draw really... esp on the level I am anyway.. but I want 2000 because its awsome and I am aiming high from the start... as I always do... (and eventually gives up later.. lol )

:D

Oooh that's nice Erling. Ok that's it. I'm grabbing my wallet and spilling everything in it onto the counter of a nearby pc store. :D Actually... I did find an interesting deal on craigslist. Weeeeeee!

I'm so contacting the person. I've been wanting to do this for a long time. :D

http://montreal.en.craigslist.ca/ele/1395439701.html

awsome! if you buy it... dont do as that guy and throw it away at once... you need to get used to it somewhat... hehe

btw, you'll prolly have to download the newest driver from wacom on their site to make pen pressure work after you've installed it (I did anyway)

You`re so lucky Erling. I don`t think I know a single person who doesn`t want a tablet. They`re so expensive though. heh, actually the day you put this post up a few days ago, I had read it and then at work started going through the net looking for neato tables that can bring the picasso out of me.

I really like the colors you used for the buildings, the setting is surreal, cool.

Nice job on that.

You were thinking of being spiderman when you drew it?

gogo

You dont technicaly need to know how to draw to use one, my school just got them and I cant draw, I use them for everything else though (would be better if we had the screen wacoms but those EXPENSIVE X[ )

Best regards,

Nicholas

aka

Nostalgic Ninja

You dont technicaly need to know how to draw to use one, my school just got them and I cant draw, I use them for everything else though (would be better if we had the screen wacoms but those EXPENSIVE X[ )

Best regards,

Nicholas

aka

Nostalgic Ninja

Screen wacom's are awesome, had one at my work experience.

Wish I had one myself ;_;

But for now, I'd prefer to draw on paper before a tablet

Well I'm rethinking that purchase I found on Craigslist. 250 bucks might be too high an investment to start off with. I think I'm going to go with a Bamboo for starters. Plus.. I just realized that craigslist offer is gone. Doh! Ah well. It was meant to be then. I'm still quite eager to try one of those babies out.

be careful, my tablet stole my life away... *goes back to photoshop*

btw... I didnt realize how riddiculusly many tools and toys there actully is in photoshop before I bougth this... this can keep me busy for a few years :viking: