Items left on ground

Grillgrim

So the other day I was grinding in the orc cave with my TG and had an interesting "event". After defeating the orcs I pressed my item pick up key and collected my loot. I got a nice haul and was going to leave when my cursor fell over one of the items left on the ground and I noticed it was an orc shock axe level 98. No problem, I just hit the Q hot key to pick it up and nothing happened. I hit it the third time and still it sat on the ground. I had to click on the item to actually pick it up.

Fast forward to today. I was in the desert with my DW SW and had fought a mob of the stone warriors. Same scenario as before, I hit the hot key and collected my loot. Since the Orc Cave scenario I have been checking my drops closer. I checked a sword left on the ground and it was a serpents tongue level 180! Now I am mad. Same as before the item was well within my circle radius when the pick up command was initiated and I had to manually pick the item up by clicking on it.

Once is a fluke, twice is a problem in my mind.

I started to review what I knew about the two scenarios:

1. I was in LAN (by myself) with the TG and single player campaign with the SW.

2. I was picking up a large loot pile after a mob

3. I had mentor pot active at the time

4. My pick up settings are at blue or better for weapons, white or better for items.

5. I was in a cave for one incident and outside for the other.

6. (This may be the key) in both incidents the toon I was using had the same item (different level) equipped in the weapon slot as the one left on the ground. My TG had an orc shock and my DW SW had a serpents tongue and an Officers Saber at the time.

Is this right? I don't know if it happens all the time, just a glitchy bug every now and then, or something special Grim's game does just for him. I seem to remember picking up weapons just like my equipped ones in the past. I am not sure if it applies only to items in the weapon slot or armor as well. This is the second incident so I am reporting in to have everyone keep an eye out.

There may be something in this Grillgrim!

I had never doubted the auto pick up so never checked the ground.The last week or so I have been manually looting because all I want is uniques,sets,rares and mentor pots.What I have noticed is all of a sudden Im finding more Tinwora's, Revelation set and Glacial defenders (all things this seraphim wears).Previously my duel wield officer's sabre seraphim would be finding them for her,and the Tinwora user finding the sabres.Also The Tinwora user is now finding more upgrades for the revelation set she uses.

From what you posted,this may be why Ive had trouble getting the right gear for the character Im playing,while Im playing her!Remember I NEVER thought to check the ground after auto pickup and always had trouble finding the items I needed.

Having said that,I may on the other hand be going a bit nutty from too much Sacred 2 and just had lucky drops.

Thats very interesting and makes me question all the hours I've played lol. Its not funny really Because I know I should have more uniques or maybe a legendary or two. Not for sure but I have not found a legendary yet. However I havent been over level 60 because Im not playing on the PC where I can edit the game and level 120 in 10 minutes that is by no means fun and cheats the game reminds me of the original diablo. However, It takes me hours to level even if I'm grinding in the Jungle or the Orc Cave doesnt matter. I will definately be paying closer attention to drops now.

I always use the Alt key to display the loot, as I have had this same problem myself that uniques and sets are laying on the ground after I picked all up with the Q key.

Sounds like you folks are experiencing this problem primarily on PC? I play on the 360 and have this problem frequently. I'll kill something, a bunch of loot will drop that I can clearly see... yet when I try to pick it up, nothing happens. When I click to get the info, it shows a timer counting down and yet I can't pick the items up. Drives me nuts! I checked all of my settings... I've got more than enough room in my inventory... yet the game refuses to let me pick up the items.

Sometimes it says "reserved" in brackets and sometimes it doesn't... but there's always the timer. I always play single player, although I am connected to Xbox Live (my status show as "online" when loading my game). Frustrating! Anybody else had this problem on console specifically, or just PC?

Edited by Scrappy McSlap
I always use the Alt key to display the loot, as I have had this same problem myself that uniques and sets are laying on the ground after I picked all up with the Q key.

Good idea on the ALT key. I will give it a shot tonight and see what happens.

Hi there,

Did you think about a potential bug of the "rarity" auto pick-up selector. You said your settings were : blue or better for weaps and white or better for items. Does it still happen if you put the selectors to "all/everything". If this doesn't happen anymore, this seems to mean that some items "rarity" are not taken into account by the auto pick-up function. I never had any problem picking up items with the hot key (PC version), but my settings are always on "all/everything", stopping from time to time to auto-sell crappy drops I've picked up.

Beside of that, I got a problem as I once tried to set up the pick-up filter differently. It doesn't always apply when you change your char. For example. It's set to white or better (for both options). I change to blue or better, apply, return to game... it's ok. Then I start up another char. this char picks up whites... I have to go to options once again and switch to whatever then switch back to blue or better, apply, return to game, and everything's fine. Maybe you should try to apply the settings again.

I have tried reapplying the settings for my drop selection. I have not changed them to all/everything though. I didn't run into the problem last night, but I might have been lucky. The alt key option worked great to sort through the drops.

Heya,

have been noticing for myself... that yellow or better sometimes does not pick up set-items for other classes.... have not had any probs with uniques.

If you need anything specific in uni's or sets... ;) Lemme know... stash it getting too full.... even with 5 mules.

Greetz