Farmer Schot's Spirit Farming Guide

anways: I'm not quite familiar with the english names for ig locations, so where's that area you're speaking of ?

Oops sorry,

Here you can see my paint-skills :) :

1265669245.png

Hope it help. :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah, ok I sure know now what foes u meant, just that name confused me a bit..

ofc there are large mobs of ghost-type constructs there etc., but as you said (and I still find that strange)

they aren't affected by cleansing brilliance..

so, to narrow down the few possible locations I'm looking for:

only everything that comes in large packs and is affected by the seraphim's CB spell

ah, ok I sure know now what foes u meant, just that name confused me a bit..

ofc there are large mobs of ghost-type constructs there etc., but as you said (and I still find that strange)

they aren't affected by cleansing brilliance..

so, to narrow down the few possible locations I'm looking for:

only everything that comes in large packs and is affected by the seraphim's CB spell

Undead legion quest has alot of undead throughout. Or the swamps, although there are alot of rats floating around as well. But the swamps around the Dark Prince have t-energy mutants and undead pretty thickly spread, plus he's undead to.

UGGGHHH! So, I go into this cave to get my farm on and wouldn't you know it, I can't enjoy this strategy like the rest of you fortunate PC users. It's bad enough that the hero statue doesn't work, but it turns out I get to enjoy another problem. The orcs cast all of the ghost/spirits or whatever they are up to the ceiling and they end up getting stuck. It must be about 50 or so of them up there and they can't get down and I can't get to them. I have to reload a new game just to try and get the flow going again. It'll last for a little while and then they start casting them up on the ceiling again. If I walk in and out the cave to reset things, the orcs end up vanishing. I was trying to do this with the inquisitor. I tried to use the clustering malestorm combat art to draw them in but it just doesn't work. I even have it with 2 vortex mods to increase it's range but still no dice. Oh well, I guess I'll have to head back to the forest.

......stupid cave not working for me and junk lol.

• 2 weeks later...
UGGGHHH! So, I go into this cave to get my farm on and wouldn't you know it, I can't enjoy this strategy like the rest of you fortunate PC users. It's bad enough that the hero statue doesn't work, but it turns out I get to enjoy another problem. The orcs cast all of the ghost/spirits or whatever they are up to the ceiling and they end up getting stuck. It must be about 50 or so of them up there and they can't get down and I can't get to them. I have to reload a new game just to try and get the flow going again. It'll last for a little while and then they start casting them up on the ceiling again. If I walk in and out the cave to reset things, the orcs end up vanishing. I was trying to do this with the inquisitor. I tried to use the clustering malestorm combat art to draw them in but it just doesn't work. I even have it with 2 vortex mods to increase it's range but still no dice. Oh well, I guess I'll have to head back to the forest.

......stupid cave not working for me and junk lol.

Yes, I encountered the same issue on console as well. There are a few "spots" you can stand and the ogres summon the ghosts to a place where they notice me and come running. No particular spot, it depends on the orientation of you and the ogres. If you manage to get all 4 ogres into the same room, some of the spirits will invariably end up on top of the walls.

After a half-hour or so, usually there is a few spirits still stranded on the wall-tops. Then look to see if the ogres are still summoning or not. If not, I let the Source Warden spells fly (which kills the ogres, as well as the stranded ghosts), and call it quits for that "session".

Oh that really spoils the fun. Can you guys at least use some kind of ranged attack to kill off the ceiling dwellers?

I've got the perfect solution... Come play PC! :)

• 1 month later...

I decided to try it and I managed to gather 5 ogre shamans. What a hell. I didn't get any uniques though, but I played quite a lot. That's probably because I didn't have MF at all. Next time I'll be ready! :P

big_0028copia.jpg

I decided to try it and I managed to gather 5 ogre shamans. What a hell. I didn't get any uniques though, but I played quite a lot. That's probably because I didn't have MF at all. Next time I'll be ready! :)

Now that looks like fun! I've only ever had the patience to get 2 together (outside) but was killing the spirits just as fast as they were being summoned. With the explosions on Ravaged Impact, I really wanted to get more going since I felt I could keep up with at least 4.

Sux that you didn't get any uniques from all that insane spirit action 8(

@Schot - The targeting on the consoles is really crappy. It will always target the Shamen that are on the ground, and never the spririts on the wall. It's possible they can't be targeted at all, IDK. Area of Effect FTW!

Edited by essjayehm
  • 8 months later...

Trying this out in Gronkors cave with a shadow warrior. Fortunately I've got shoulder plates with all channel damage miti and 2/3 of the armour is magic, plus 30% Spell resistance and plus 14 skills. No problems with anything except getting stunned. Gotten a few rings - nothing special - my EP ain't high enough. The ice crystals are really annoying, but there are also plenty of relic & potion drops too.

You can sometimes go to the next level in the cave and get 2 shamans, come back and there'll be 1 -2 shamans still there. I think I'll make a habit of farming this cave along with orc cave