Ice and Blood - New Mounts Guide

EDIT: After completing this quest many times I have to say that I don't believe that there are any cosmetic/colour changes to the unique mounts, this simply adds a new place to buy them and the flamehorse and unicorn, and that I may have mislead myself when first creating the guide.

Well, gogo asked me too look into the new mounts in Ice and Blood and report back with my findings in lieu of the following in the readme:

New Mounts: In the "Ice & Blood" expansion, new mounts such as Unicorns and Flamehorses have become available. New and unique versions of all special mounts are also available now.

So, I had a look around :sigh: And here are the results.

Basically, there isnt much new, only a few new types of normal mounts, a black unicorn, a white unicorn and a flaming horse. The changes to the unique mounts are minimal with only new color designs being given to them.

The following is a description of how to get the new mounts.

The Details:

First of all, you need to have the expansion (duh!) and have reached this location in the Blood Forest (where the green arrow thingy is):

big.jpg

and zoomed in:

small.jpg

If you wander around you will notice towards the back of the town, near the resurrection monolith two quest-givers, 2 NPC's that do nothing (yet) and a unicorn, flaming horse and normal mount running around. This is the site of what will become the horse merchants.

noseller.jpg

Onto the quest part. To do this you need to head back towards the main part of the town towards the bridge you cross the blood river with and on the way you should see two more quest givers standing near each other infront of a damaged house. The one we are after is the one on the right. He mentions being cold and needing some flaming horse skin to keep warm if I remember correctly. The quest name is A Roof Over the Head. Correct quest giver and log book details:

Quest giver:

quest.jpg

Log book:

quest-log.jpg

Finishing the quest is easy, just kill 5 flaming horses, 5 construct champions and then return the quest, get your reward and you will then notice the addition of a special mount and normal mount trader to the minimap. Just head on back up to the area with the mounts and you will see them.

afterquest.jpg

And there you have it, the new mounts:

Black Unicorn:

Has all 3 horse combat arts.

blackunicorn.jpg

buni1.jpg

buni2.jpg

White Unicorn:

whiteunicorn.jpg

wuni1.jpg

wuni2.jpg

Flaming Horse:

flaminghorse.jpg

flamehorse1.jpg

flamehorse2.jpg

War Horse:

I havent got any pictures of the War Horse because there are alot of different skins for it. In any case, it really only looks like any normal horse mount whereas the rest of these mounts have a difference or two.

Possible bonuses include:

• Regeneration Time of all Combat Arts +X%
  • Riders Max. Hitpoint +X%
  • Block Chance (Riding)
  • Attack Value +X%
  • Defense Value +X
  • Resistance (All Physical) X
  • Damage Mitigation: Physical +X%
  • Willpower +X
  • Defense Value +X%

warhorse.jpg

Unique Mount changes:

The unique mounts only have cosmetic changes, the three different colours for your mount have no effect on the mounts bonuses. The only difference is the level and therefore the regen penalty on each one, and also prices. The colors themselves arent even new either, you are just able to pick from the colors for the mounts for the different aspects. So now instead of one aspect being green, one red and one blue, you are able to get them all in any color.

I only have pictures for the Battle Monitor for the dryad (Capricious Hunter Aspect) but I assume that the changes would be mostly the same in any case for the other characters, just color differences.

Red:

newunique2.jpg

red2.jpg

Blue:

newunique3.jpg

blue1.jpg

and Normal:

newunique1.jpg

I havent got a picture of this one either but its the green one in the background of most of the other pictures.

So...thats all I can think of that is there/needs to be done. To buy the special mounts you dont need to have the normal special mount quest completed in the game you are playing. Any questions, just ask, otherwise, thats my contribution, just following the boss' orders :)

EDIT: I Just tested it with a character that had never completed the original special mount quest before and it appears that if you open up the new special mount trader for the first time you can only choose between the original mounts, at least until you create a new game. So it appears that you need to have, or have gotten a special mount to have a choice of the different colors.

Edited by Dragon Brother

This is incredible! Ashley, you put together for all of us a very good read. It's comprehensive, and is going to be very useful for everyone playing the new Ice and Blood Expansion.

You just got a big grin out of me over this. Thank you for the Stellar effort.

Good job!

:sigh:

gogo

p.s We're going to be getting expansion tomorrow, we're downloading it tonight... we'll be using your guide in hand. :)

@antitrust: it's just a habit from S1 where one space = 1 pot instead of 20...lol. I know it's overkill I just never get around to doing anything about it.

@spunky I think it's possibly just the fact you can now choose between the three colours for the each aspect instead of getting a specific color. Who knows though, maybe they do something cool at doom point...

Updated first post with a little more info:

EDIT: I Just tested it with a character that had never completed the original special mount quest before and it appears that if you open up the new special mount trader for the first time you can only choose between the original mounts, at least until you create a new game. So it appears that you need to have, or have gotten a special mount to have a choice of the different colors.

Enjoy :)

Heya,

never really said this aloud... but thnx for not letting me be the sole Mohican out there! :( Appreciated!

Today should be the day.... :evil:! wOOt wOOt, keeping the dog in... he might bother the mailman ;)

Greetz

I saw one person the other day

I think that was me...you somehow helped me to kill the griffon. (It would have taken a little while without your help :()

But seriously, I was counting the days until that Special day, which is today, where another bunch of people will get their hands on Ice & Blood.

Oh and I almost forgot, this Mounts Guide is absolutely amazing! You clarified something that was a little unclear (where to get the mounts) for a lot of us. Thanks for this Guide!

Max

Woot...23rd today! Maybe I'll see someone on the servers for once, well, I lie, I saw one person the other day, but lets not argue semantics :(

I'm sure I saw you as well, though I don't count. :)

Doubly so if I was imagining it...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Incredible Dragon! I am new to Sacred 2. I found this guide very easy to read and understand. Meanwhile there is a fair amount of depth also which is easy to understand. I will be using this guide as soon as I am able to get my mount.

Thank You

I remain, Etherian

Edited by Etherian