Combo breaking quick tip

Hi there.

Just a quick tip about how to break a combo execution.

I discover this by accident, yelling at my seraphim not finishing her Radiant Pillar/Flaring Nova combo and just casting Radiant Pillar.

Many will ask why they should stop a combo. Can't we just cast the CA alone ? Sure I can, but I keep a CA Slot available by doing so.

And you take benefit of Combat discipline for regen and damage without having to create 1 CA Combos.

Ok, here's how :

- left click on the foe and hold the button down.

- right click to cast the combo. left button still down

- combo stops after the first CA.

if you hold both buttons, you chain normal attacks and your broken combo.

You release the left button to cast the whole combo. Beware as, sometimes, another left click attack gets queued and the next combo may be broken also.

if the second CA in the combo is not from the same aspect, the corresponding regen timer won't be triggered.

Field of application :

In the case of a RP/FN combo as described above, I use it to cast RP on the undead champions laying and waiting to rise again (yes, even if ther is no animation because the skelly is down, if you keep the left button down, it is considered as a left click attack). So they wake up with a bunch of RP waiting for them. And in the case of a single almost dead creature, FN is useless. As stated before, the FN (Revered technology to be exact) regen timer won't be triggered, so I can chain the last rp with an archangel wrath for a warm welcome. As far as I can say, but I need to run more tests about it, the combo only takes the RP Regen time into account. So if your RP regen time is much lower than your FN's you can chain RP without any waste of time. By the time I'm writing this, my FN and RP have almost the same regen time so I can't see if the combo regenerates faster once broken.

I'm sure many can take advantage of this tip :

- Inquisitor combo stopped just after Clustering Maelstrom in a CM/Ruthless mutilation combo, if the foes are weak, leaving the gruesome inquisition timer available to cast something else

- TG casting Fiery Ember or Icy Evanescence without casting Charged Grid or Deadly Spears. (in the case of a FE(or IE)/CG(or DS) combo.

- and many others for sure.

What I need to find out now :

- If I can break a 3 CA Combo after the second one. May require some sharp timing, as the prior tip would break after CA#1. Maybe just a click between CA#2 and CA#3 or holding the Left Mouse Button while CA#2 is being casted. In these case, this will be a real difficulty to perfectly pick the exact moment for the left click with instant CAs (no casting time).

- If just switching from the combo to another CA at the right moment can break the combo and chain with the selected CA, so I could make a virtual RP/AW combo. Maybe difficult also, due to the CA Switching "lag" (press hotkey, right click, it casts the CA selected before switching... grrrrrr or "how to waste a boss killer CA like Incendiary Shower on a full mob of Kobolds who deserved a nice Blazing Tempest...")

Hope this helps.

Edited by Nihilith