Official Deep Silver Sacred 3 forum

Llama8

As Deep Silver have taken over the Sacred franchise, they've created the official S3 forum here, rather than extend the current S1/2 forums :thumbsup:. They aren't shutting down the existing S1/2 forums, but they're not extending them to S3...

Registration has been disabled by the administrator.

too bad they're not using the old site. Its very good! The new site is ugly at the moment, they'll probably do something about that (I hope so). The old site was also well organized and had a lot of good information. If they split the sites, they'll probably eventually close the old one. Good thing we have independent dark matters forum.

• 3 weeks later...

I love the idea of a Sacred 3...but the more I think about it the more confused it gets me. Bottom line about this game is... it's not balanced...and that's what we like about it. Ultimately, if everything in a game is "balanced" it means that most stuff's been figgered out, hence, the encroachment of the nasty zzzzzzzzzzz's...or boredom.

Guild Wars was like that kinda... beautiful execution...but ultimately doomed by it's accountability to being balanced for the masses as a kind of pseudo mmorpg.

If Sacred goes this way, wants to go mainstream, it will need this kind of balancing. All the stats will become published, everything will be "known" and the testing and chaos has gathered it's following over the last few years will be transformed into...

*gasp*

Mainstream potato chip eaters!

WOW'ers!

:blush:

I want Sacred franchise to be very successful and grow get some new stuff...but I don't think being an mmorpg is going to keep it's feel.

It's a sandbox, not a real game

:)

gogo

I don't think it's beyond the realm of reality and that it could actually work. In fact I think they were going for the whole balancing thing in Sacred 2. Frankly.. Too me, Sacred 2's greatest asset is that it isn't exactly balanced. It is after all a hack'n'slash still right? If there's one thing that I've come to understand about a hack'n'slash it's that overpowered characters are common place and that's really fun! Honestly, does anyone want a game that is coded to make it impossible to 1 hit kill a Champion? I sure don't. That's essentially what MMO balancing is. There are specific barriers put in place. MMO's so far as I've seen have it all wrong. They should have two separate systems in place. One for PvE and one for PvP. Let PvE have overpowered characters that are super fun to play. Let PvP have specific limitations to work with. Certainly the task is a big one but not impossible. Ultimately I think it would greatly add to the quality and lifespan of an MMO.

Making Sacred 2 an MMO would be VERY tough indeed but not because of balancing. I really don't think Deep Silver has the financial resources nor the interest in going the way of the MMO-MMO with Sacred 2.

Long live Hack'n'Slash! :blush:

Long live Hack'n'Slash! :blush:

I'll second that! Sacred Vikings ALL ABOARD! :)

:sick::cry::blink::viking:

AYE AYE SIR!

What I like the most about Sacred 2 is you can test out stuff yourself and hack & slash on your own, but you can also do it with your friends in the Closed & Open Servers!! OW YEA

DONT FORGET HARDCORE! HARDCORE >> MMO's Death Penalties

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

I'm surprised we haven't seen you and schot at the S3 board here gogo, that thread seems to have died out and could do with some more input :blush:

and yes, long live hack and slash! Sacred needs to stay an ARPG

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad they chose to keep it where it is. Or at least make it "feel" that way. Cutting out the familiarity of the community is dangerous. Right now, familiarity has worth and is bankable. Asking peeps to move over to a new forum that has no real work or artistry is bad maneuvering in this business.

Peeps don't wanna move somewhere cold, alien and new. Peeps like being comfy :D

I looked at that new orum for a while, and went beh... This way they don't have to even encounter the whole process of moving, getting rid of all the posts... they just stay where they are and build upon the heritage of the game.

Always a good decision imo, and smart. Course, the world loves new colors and skins. So go ahead Deep Silver and give us some new skins and functionailties... doing it while we all remain home is even better.

:(

gogo

Wonderful to see that Deep Silver has opted to maintain Sacred 3 content on the SIF. It makes much more sense than to hope that the community would migrate to Deep Silver's forum. There's a great deal of history and connection for the existing community and for future players it's a whoooole lot easier finding it. Try doing a google search for sacred and see how close you get to Deep Silver, haha. Smart move on their part.

More important to me though is that it's nice to see that Deep Silver is still thinking about Sacred. I know they said they have intentions in the Sacred 3 realm but seeing little actions like this one is always exciting for fans to see. It may not be at all telling of what to expect in Sacred 3 but little things like this keeps the curiosity going. :D

• 6 months later...

I have a question about S3 will it be on the consoles meaning PS3 and Xbox 360? Because im totally getting siked for it but if its not on consoles then ima be sad.HaHa =)

-Shadow.

Edited by ShadowsNitemare
  • 10 months later...

All I say is when I see sacred 2 fixed ill buy sacred 3 no need for a third release when the second needs fixes am I correct.

Then be prepared for a Veeerrrryyyyy long wait, since it has been abandoned! Now that Askeron is no more, Deep Silver isn't going to bother, so unless we the players write our own fixes (see the Community Patch) it will never get fixed.

Yeah, Kid posted the same thing on the SIF, but with a bit more feeling...

His other post on DarkMatters might qualify as such... First post on page 3...

Edited by wolfie2kX

His other post here is just a word for word copy of his post on the SIF...so yeah :)

His other post here is just a word for word copy of his post on the SIF...so yeah :)

Hmmm. Couldn't find it on SIF. For that matter, couldn't find him listed there either. Oh well.