if some of you have noticed, I've been absent from posting too much and playing in general. sometimes life deals interesting cards and you just can't forget that there is a life outside of whatever games you play, no matter how immersive they are

anyway, just wanted to say we had our first baby born today at 9:33am pst. he's perfectly healthy and we are all happy/tired

I'll have pictures up but right now I'm posting from my phone at the hospital

welcome, baby soldats!

Congratulations. only excuses for not playing are having babies and makin' babies! LOL

Maybe 1 of the graphics guys and whip us up some cigars.

Boy or Girl?

Hope mom and baby are great!

it's a boy with some nice strong legs. he's also really quiet and doesn't cry at all. we're stuck on names though.

Elliot?

Simon?

Alexander?

Aleksander?

Gavin?

Seth?

mom is doing great. a little pale, but good

thanks for all the well wishes!

he'll be level 1 in a year!

Congratulations, that's great! I like Elliott a lot. References to Elliott in pop culture include Eliot Ness, Kevin Costner's character in the movie "The untouchables" and Pete's dragon (remember that disney movie?) who was named Elliott.

Alexander is a good name but its somewhat long so you and/or his friends may end up calling him alex. The other names are one or two syllables so they probably won't get shortened. I have a 3-syllable name also and people ended up just calling me by my last name because my first was too long for them apparently.

Let us know which one you pick.

Edited by ka243

Congratulations soldats! You're a member of the DarkMatters Dad's club ^^

Heloooooooooooo diapers :(

I like Alexander best. Insist on calling him his full name if you go that route. I remember when I was a a kid, everyone wanted to shorten my name to "Rom" which would infuriate my parents. They were strict about how even I or my friends pronounced it and would never hesitate to take time to tell me how important my name... THEIR name was important to me... and *cough* them.

Parents ;)

Got pix?

Didn't happen till you show !

:evil:

gogo

Gratz :evil:

You don't want to name him Aleksander... he'll spend his entire life correcting people that it's spelled with "ks" :( (not to mention legal documents, where government people will mess up big time)

Edited by Antitrust

screenshot or it didn't happen, right?

it's amazing how much they can change in a matter of 24 hours...well it'll be a full day in 4 hours but I'm off to a full day at work, unfortunately.

didn't want to tear myself away from him.

I believe we've selected alexander. mom doesn't like alex so we will insist on alexander, though learning to spell his name in cursive is going to drive him insane. I know, my name is pretty long as well...

I just can't get over the fact that I'll be calling him baby 'al.'

just born

IMG_0078.jpg

with my little sister

IMG_0089.jpg

with mom's arm[she didn't want to be in the picture, said she looked terrible]

IMG_0091.jpg

there are too many to post, but these are my favorite. I'll try to get one with me in it, but with the visitor train neverending, it's hard. she needs her rest, but is grateful for the support everyone is showing.

[edit]

those are shot bootleg style with my iphone, so the quality is not so great[sister lost my digicam, but stepdad is coming with his d80 for official pics]

in case anyone was wondering, he's a mix...half white and half asian...so he's gonna be a good lookin kid[watch out ladies]

7 pounds 5.1 ounces

20 inches long

Edited by soldats

Congratulations Soldats, Mom and family. Such a wonderful little thing Alexander is. Love the name you chose for him. :( Sure have been a lot of Dark babies. I'm starting to wonder just how many there have been. baby_by_cbarkey.gif

Congratulations to you and your family! :devil:

Glad to hear all is well.And I absolutely love the first picture!That's a very serious look......maybe he knows he has a lot of work to do to get the top of ladder rankings? :gun2:

Temper

thank you all for the well wishes!

just got home and I'm driving out far for a meeting all day...lame. anyway, they're coming home so I'll see them tonight.

found out he's ticklish :devil:

mom's walking around a little bit more than yesterday and baby's eating and pooping like no other

oh, we've decided to name him alexander markus

markus for her stepdad mark, who never had a boy[5 girls] and wanted to be here, but was stuck up in spokane watching the girls

oh, we've decided to name him alexander markus

Alexander Markus is an awesome name. When my youngest was born we were stuck between Michael and Alexander. Even though I liked Alexander better Michael Alexander just stuck because it rolled of the tongue like some kind of royal heir or something. Very regal sounding.

Congrats again and glad to hear everybody is doing well.