Planning A Tri Element High Elf Hardcore

gasconron

Efficiency or Redundancy...  

4 members have voted

1. 1. will this work, or am I wasting my time?

• will work (easily)
    • will work (heavily twinked)
    • will have a hard time making it work...
    • Forget it... Stick to vanilla Pyromancy

Okay, I actually gave High Elf Pyromancer a roll non-HC on SP and it went pretty well with minimal deaths, mostly due to carelessness. However, already having a utility character, who is both my Niob shopper and Blacksmith. As well as a HC Shadow Warrior finished with Niob, just farming gear and levelling to 200. I really don't want to waste 2 Skill Slots devoted to Enhanced Perception and Bargaining on my proposed HC High Elf.

Skills Planned (developed in sequential order)

Arrant Pyromancer Lore - priority, 100+

Arrant Pyromancer Focus - priority, 100+

Mystic Stormrite Focus - 75

Concentration - 75, 3 buffs

Delphic Arcania Focus - 75

Armor Lore - 75

Constitution - 75

Ancient Magic - 100

Combat Discipline - 75

Delphic Arcania Lore - left over...

*Equipment is almost fire-based, will have +skills, +combat arts, etc; but a more varied elemental boni rings will be used in contrast to pure fire boni.

The rational is to combo the usual Pyromancer tools with different elements to make the game more refreshing to play, rather than the vanilla cast BT > BT > BT > BT... "oh, there's a boss..." cast MS > BT > MS > BT > MS > loot drops.

Combo'ing BT and GS (increasing damage and further reducing skill cooldown time)

Comboing MS with rune boosted Cob Stri for godly damage for boss killing.

Taking combat disc at mastery level will enable me give less importance to regen gear and more into damge modifiers and xp boosting equip.

Buffs used: Fire Demon, GI and CS

EDIT: OMGZ, I updated to 2.43 today, only to find that my +skills ammy are now crap :( ... I was planning to spread myself thin amongst the focuses/lore and have the ammys boost it up, but I guess the nerf just made it much more difficult. Good thing, my Shadow Warrior Buffer, was affected minimally by the nerf. -36 skill didn't hurt him too bad :evil: ...

Edited by gasconron

Its very much close to the shield maid our second daughter is playing, just fire instead of ice and combat discipline insterad of shield lore. The shield maid was doing close combat with snowstorm/magic coup or explosion modded teleport/magic coup. You probably want to play more from a distance, so perhaps no need for shield lore.

My oldest currently plays an elf with full 3 aspects, each with lore and focus, with combat discipline, ancient magic, armour and constitution, but no concentration or shield lore.

I think it is possible to play your character, but you will probably take your skills in a different order. End of gold difficulty fire-skin wins over the pure physical crystal skin, because you can now have more runes in the skin and fireskin wins %reflect with each rune you read. And reflect melee works versus all melee damage types not just physical.

Edited by chattius

I would not leave out shield lore. Its quite helpful. I suggest dropping combat discipline or delphic lore for it depending on what exactly you want to do. In hardcore especially the extra defense would be welcome. I fully agree with the usefulness of ice focus for modding cascading shroud and ice skin for certain situations.

if you're going to be tri element, then ancient magic isn't necessary for piercing immunity. instead, what you'll be using it for is to increase damage, which combat d will do for you quite nicely and with the -reg bonus.

I would drop ancient magic for shield lore, unless you plan on going 2h staff, which would be more unique but less effective/defensive than a shield/weapon because of slots and double the native item modifiers

but then again, I have yet to see what 2h staves really do in Ice and Blood

Staff can shoot woth staff lore in the AddOn for left click attacks, and a few Combat Art which do several strikes after the first hit which is always melee. So for an elf, staff lore would be just for left click ranged.

I did shield lore for my second daughter in her shield maid and took away combat discipline because she was new to the game and shield lore is really nice.

The build my older daughter is trying out is to try the now working Reg per Hit and mana leech to play a hybrid which recharges her spells with melee hit. So the Spells can be kept quite high, needing less +damage socketing with the sockets rather filled with evade, block and other defense stuff. She plays without shield lore.

Shield lore for combat discipline or ancient magic is would I do for less experienced players.