Speed Astral Lord Shadow Warrior

Ok, this is my first real guide for a Shadow Warrior. I decided on focusing the Shadow Warrior on speed, good pickups, dual wield and some blacksmithing. I used a couple ideas for a really good beatdown Shadow Warrior with protection and speed kills. I am only at level 37 with this Shadow Warrior on silver and did not take long to build this one because of the build sequence below.

Astral Lord Lore 16

Astral Lord Focus 16

Blacksmith 10

Enhanced Perception 30

Armor Lore 24

Tactics Lore 31

Dual wield 1

Combat Discipline 1

Speed Lore 10 (will be when I reach 50)

Toughness 10 (will be when I reach 65)

I thought about using speed and toughness just in case there was a few times that I would be in a hoard of "hard as nails crack orc" (inquisitor saying ha) areas like in Entruag or facing the dark prince in the swamps. That is why I chose these combat arts and combos to counter that situation:

Demonic Blow

Vehemence - Fraility - Leech Life

Scything Sweep

Force - Intent - Hurl

Frenzied Rampage

Double Attack - Double Strike - Vampire

I chose these because I rather have groups or teams of baddies surround me and all take the hit. This combo I powered up with Tactics lore, 31 points, to bring the pain to groups I lore to me or just chase me in a circle then unleash it. With 0.5 sec regeneration I have plenty of chances to throw a beating on at least 10-12 baddies with lotsa of XP.

Another combo I use while using the one above is:

Augmenting Guidon

Ensign - Healing - Leadership

Skeletal Fortification

Rapid Fire - Ice Shards - Scatter Shot

While the above combo is hurting the crowd around me, I activate this combo to ward off any archers deciding to stay clear of the above combo and get pelted with double the arrows and I get an extra boost of healing and attack at the same time.

Again this is my first guide set and I have 5/8 pieces of the Dendran set armor which is pretty cool btw.

Edited by DarkmachinE

No Reflective Emanation nor Grim Resilience would give you a hard time at later stages when the enemies starting to hit hard, and by not including Constitution in your build is making your Shadow Warrior a real glass cannon.

And by not taking Death Warrior Focus or Malevolent Champion Focus you will have a hard time in increasing your damage without getting sky high regens on your attack Combat Art's.

Just my opinions though :whistle:

No Reflective Emanation nor Grim Resilience would give you a hard time at later stages when the enemies starting to hit hard, and by not including Constitution in your build is making your Shadow Warrior a real glass cannon.

And by not taking Death Warrior Focus or Malevolent Champion Focus you will have a hard time in increasing your damage without getting sky high regens on your attack Combat Art's.

Just my opinions though :glare:

Those are handy having constitution and protective buffs, but increasing toughness could be good and I could always increase tactics lore points and use those buffs. Work in progress. Thanks for your opinions Spunky! I was thinking of adding death warrior and Malevolent Champion for level 50 and 65.

Okay since my only shadow warrior was in decembre 2008 just to know how it plays I have not much experience with shadow warriors. But some stuff is true for all characters:

Toughness or Constitution

Damage mitigation (toughness) can be considered as virtual life points. In the demigod thread

How to become a demigod in Sacred2

I did some calculations and it is like: if you have to choose between toughness and constitution take constitution if you won't get at least 70% mitigation.

If you think that you need a focus for your melee combat arts, stand back, think twice and calculate if perhaps regeneration per hit can be enough. Regeneration per Hit is said to work on consoles (I have none to test it) and on PC with the AddOn. Read about it there:

Designing a Chracter based on regeneration per hit

Regeneration per Hit is like:

You have a regeneration time of 3 seconds and you have items with 2 seconds regeneration per hit, then a successful hit will only have 1 seconds regeneration time on its Combat Art. But if you miss you have to regenerate the full 3 seconds. So building up with regeneration per hit makes sense if you are sure that you will have a good hit chance.