Is it just me...?

Or are Inquisitors just plain silly?!

I just started a new build tonight (graveyard shift + days off = no more sleeping at night!), put about 4 hours into it... currently level 15. I'm absolutely mopping the floor with my Clustering Maelstrom ability. I really don't have to use anything else. With an active Soul Reaver buff, a typical Maelstrom will jack my attack and defense up a ridiculous amount (it appears to be cumulative?), I have no problems mopping up the stragglers by hand (dual wielding).

My only problem so far? Bosses. The Kobald Chieftain, specifically. I can't keep this dude's life total down! Any suggestions there? I did take on the White Griffin (hope I've got the right name here) with a Zealous Doppleganger and spamming Levin Array/Callous Execution - took a while though! :whistle:

Overall though, I'm really impressed with the little bit of the Inquisitor that I've played so far. Anybody else think these guys are bad ass:)

Clustering Maelstrom works very well in the early/late game area cause of huge numbers of monsters. Keep in mind it works best if you've got such a large group(10+) of monsters all chasing you. Two or three and it's useless, hence I use eruptive desecration to kill the smaller groups after I've chewed through one or two of them. I find it works great and sometimes will even give you more items, or if you really want it you could take healing...

Oh, to deal with bosses use the debuffs paralyzing dread(-atk speed) and dislodged spirit(-all attributes), that should make them much easier to hit and thus, damage, while also reducing the amount of times they hit you. =)

If you're really evil you could use reverse polarity and just pump it's levels so you get a really high chance to reflect damage(assuming you've got a mod point to get reflect melee).

In short, yea, inquisitors kick some serious butt. Just try not to die, without your survival bonus, you're not gonna get any good equips unless you wanna sit around for days at a time going to and from shops...

I had the same problem with my inqs. I found Dislodged spirit(Ice damage and -attrib) and Inexorable subjugation(Magic DOT and -movement speed) worked well to stun and slow them until I could beat them down with melee attack( ice or magic for Kobald Chief). Not as effective at low levels though.

Loved my Inquisitor up until half way through Platinum where I just could not do enough damage in melee to kill bosses or I could do damage but had poor survivability. He sure is and evil SOB though! :whistle:

Edited by locolagarto

im right with you...

my Inquisitor is AS with GI as backup & Boss killer

im following the eye of the storm v2.0 build for the most part

I use IS + DS and then CE bosses drop like flys

level 66 in orc land on plat diff

I must say I was in shock by the killing power of CM+RT+LA

Nice to see I'm not the only one having problems with bosses. So the debuffs are actually worth putting runes into? I'm always wary of these types of skills just due to not being able to see a measurable impact on gameplay (as opposed to a damage dealing skill which clearly shows the damage being done, for example).

I'll have to take a look at Dislodged Spirit, as I've never used that skill before.

When I started my Inquis, I used Raving->Levin combo then added Cluster and soon found out that after having a mob chase me and turn around to use my combo it targets one of many and does not get a good hit on all. It only worked sometimes having mobs smack into each other. When it does not work I back it up with dual wield swords and RP buff. I gave up on my Inquis bc the Shadow Warrior is my fav versus bosses and mobs.