Hard Core for Consoles challenge

Heya,

well.... I think it is gonna work for me :P Tho... with this challenge I need to focus on Devout for a long time.... Area of Effect will have to wait...

UPDATE: level 55 in domdomdom.... Platinum! :) Was feeling good about this guy. Gahanka dropped a Proto Armor, Miasma a Flame Smiter. Bosses were easy, that is, until I entered the great machine. Mobs were 10 levels higher than me, Guardians even 11 :sick: Nimonuil was a bit tricky, had to hit and run a bit. Guardians brought the shield down before I could get them at 50% health. Took a few goes too.

But! Nonetheless, I can go shopping and update my gear in Plat. Might have a look at NPC smith too, think he might enhance better than me :)

Greetz

P.S. What is the our end-goal of the challenge? Bringing down Niob Guardians asap? Or reaching Niob?

Heya,

arghhh... :) Still two camps to run then.... I dislike doing that...

Gonna start the Plat run at 56, to see where I hit the brick wall.... moblevels = 71 for a kobold atm, so might be soon.

Greetz

Well, Barris... I think you're doing better than me! I tried silver Gar'Collossus at 22, no go. At 31, it was a long battle. Grrr... maybe I'll have to go hybrid after all :viking: And that was after my "sweet" drop of a level 25 Desert Saber!

No bargaining has been keeping things interesting, so far! At least I have $$$ to exchange runes :)

Heya,

hit my brick wall, and hit it hard :viking: Gar causing havok again. We clashed at level 59, he was 79/80 some...

He killed my mount! :)

I portal out, run back and have at him with a ranged LL% Shuriken.... took a while, but I avenged my Hamster wheel!

Got me a new mount, and some levels. Sitting in Orc region at level 62... progress from here is slow, gotta take it easy a bit :)

Greetz

:D

Mad Dog dead... level 38 vs. the spitters (spiders) in the swamp. The elite werewolf took the shield down in 2 or 3 hits, then it got the hamster wheel gone in 1-shot. I was running away and I got spit on for the last points of damage.

Since he was so weak vs. bosses, I am glad he died. I was levelling him to 60 in silver swamps to see if more levels will help withthe boss battles, but now I get to try another sub-par character ;)

Pure caster Inquisitor,here I come! :)

Heya,

greatest find for this toon :cry:

Was about to shut down and turn in, but decided to run CF main to finish the level. Portal in... as usual I open the chest at that point...

Item drop... I could see it was unique, I saw two words and the 'K'. Having a full inventory, and not wanting to pick up a Khandars Slicer, I almost moved on. When I rechecked, I saw I had mistaken it for Kal'Durs ;) This guy finds nice items, Proto, Flame smiter, Kal, but then again, he does have good CtF and SB :)

So, with that in hand, I continued the main camp the next day. Xanthiar, Miasma, they all went down! Now level 70 in Platinum desert. Need to get me a new Hamster Wheel again, cuz Miasma flat-tired mine!

Greetz

Bah, humbug!

After losing a couple of Inquisitors at this challenge again, I'm out. The "no-bargaining" aspect of my toons was quite interesting... lol @ me running around with junk and magic equipment... EVERY drop was a possible replacement! Kinda exciting, but extremely disappointing because he never got any "great" drops. The pure caster went down @ 31 to a couple champ/elites... and the quad-aspect (incl. Divine Dev.) got whacked by some orcs. User error, and a definite verification that I "cannot" play hardcore-style... I just like to push my toons too much!

Anyway, I'm putting Sacred down for a month to try out some new games. I tried out Halo:Reach, and remembered that I don't like FPS. Very cool game, I'm just not an FPS-er. So, no Call of Duty either. Will try Fable 3 next... may as well try the Xbox-exclusives while I am still "borrowing" my bro's Xbox.

Heya,

had put my own challenge at hold too. Still on Dryad Isle, level 73. Lost my hamster wheel again :P

Fired up a second too. TG with no generals. Combat art & skills power vs. general. This one uses the Lost Fusion in conjunction with Devout. He is way better than the first, tho there is no bargaining or smithing... JT>DS combo is quite fun. This one should not have any trouble storming the camps, but there are alot of distractions and demotivation from constant mainquestrunning. I am playing some other toons. Maybe I will pick this up some other time.

Greetz

Quick question for you guys: In lieu of bargaining, wouldn't EP function as a ghetto replacement? Even if you don't get the exact drops you are looking for, it's is a cash generator, and so an early EP might be worth investing in.

Also, on the inquisitor front - if your first 3 skills are Armor Lore (1), GI Focus (9), and DD (1), you should be able to use testa - god ability (gathering a bunch of mobs, then unleasing testa). Hit the Testa statue by Sloeford over and over and you can get the god ability to recharge in about 5 minutes (rather than 20).

During your downtime, use an unmodded levin array+clustering should be able to kills weak mobs while god ability is recharging.

Too bad inquisitors can't use EP.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question for you guys: In lieu of bargaining, wouldn't EP function as a ghetto replacement? Even if you don't get the exact drops you are looking for, it's is a cash generator, and so an early EP might be worth investing in.

Also, on the inquisitor front - if your first 3 skills are Armor Lore (1), GI Focus (9), and DD (1), you should be able to use testa - god ability (gathering a bunch of mobs, then unleasing testa). Hit the Testa statue by Sloeford over and over and you can get the god ability to recharge in about 5 minutes (rather than 20).

During your downtime, use an unmodded levin array+clustering should be able to kills weak mobs while god ability is recharging.

Too bad inquisitors can't use EP.

Re: EP as a replacement for Barg... ghetto was a pretty good adjective! I ran an EP-max veiled shadow warrior (not a chest runner, just a bosskiller) and he found 3 or 4 +allskills rings in 80+ levels.

A testa-inquisitor is a nice build, but I wouldn't worry about using the godspell until later in the toons life, IMO. Silver, and even Gold, should be easy enough to finsih without leaning on a spell you can only use every 20 mins. (Or even 10-12 mins...)

Anyway, I got bored of over-socketing my bosskiller Inquisitor and re-started the challenge. Watch for a "wall of text" to be posted somewhere, soon! :) Jenny's doing quite well in gold now, despite a couple of scares in late-silver. This is the one (to finish the challenge) I FEEL it! No extra/special rules, I just deleted my save file and started with a fresh game, empty chest, etc.

• 1 month later...

I saw this thread last night and thought, "hey I am already doing this with my second character" (a DW, DP shopper seraphim). Then I remembered this morning that she is pawning junk from the chest for money, so disqualified!

I saw this thread last night and thought, "hey I am already doing this with my second character" (a DW, DP shopper seraphim). Then I remembered this morning that she is pawning junk from the chest for money, so disqualified!

Bah! That's perfectly fine for this challenge... it's more of an honour type thing, In my opinion.

The true challenge is posting a screenie with Niob 100% complete, and no deaths.

"Console re-sets" should be strictly avoided, but it's impossible to enforce (hence the honour part).

Oversocketing, likewise, should be frowned upon... again no way to bust someone on that... unless their screenie is of a level 50 toon :whistle: Kinda obvious at that point.

Anything beyond that is your own personal twist on the "challenge", ie No Bargaining, No CA skills, Kung-fu, yada yada.

You guys sure made the challenge complicated, the challenge needs to be "NO Barganing."(and or trading) and this includes of course benefiting from other players/toons shopping.

From a die hard shopper I gotta say '+all skills' ruins this game. I'm starting today, we'll see how it goes.

Edited by ZardoZsays

You guys sure made the challenge complicated, the challenge needs to be "NO Bargianing."(and or trading) and this includes of course benefiting from other players/toons shopping.

From a die hard shopper I gotta say '+all skills' ruins this game. I'm starting today, we'll see how it goes.

I love that this thread has re-emerged.

After playing for 1000 hours on console I really liked the idea of HC. I moved to PC partially for that reason and for Ice and Blood. What was hardest for me on Console was "living" with a death. Sure, Survival Bonus is a huge incentive to stay alive, but there was no judge and jury by myself. HC on PC really woke me up. Man! that first character......Gogo had given me 10 million is gold, he socketed all my gear for me, he showed me some speed leveling ideas and then....Bam! dead and gone. All was lost, man that really got me serious about skill choices, gear, and tactics in play style.

So I say go for it! Challenge yourself anyway you see fit. Whatever you find the makes the game exciting and raises the difficulty is cool.

As for no bargaining, if you are used to shopping a lot, that could cause some withdrawal. But it will make you play smarter and makes finishing the game so much more rewarding and fulfilling.

cheers

Loco, I have a question for you.

In the original challenge, did you intend for people to power through, or were they allowed to stop and farm/level?

This will determine the build and approach I'll be taking to this challenge, which I'll probably attempt this summer when subjects aren't readily available.

You guys sure made the challenge complicated, the challenge needs to be "NO Barganing."(and or trading) and this includes of course benefiting from other players/toons shopping.

Actually, there are no real "hard and fast" rules for this challenge. For me, I did use Bargaining...and Niob equipment... but no oversocketing or console re-sets, and...

Finished! :yay:

EDIT: figuring it out...

Edited by essjayehm

Loco, I have a question for you.

In the original challenge, did you intend for people to power through, or were they allowed to stop and farm/level?

This will determine the build and approach I'll be taking to this challenge, which I'll probably attempt this summer when subjects aren't readily available.

Anyway you see fit to run it Mystix. As I read some of the posts here, I see that many have created different challenges for themselves. I don't see grinding for levels a problem. Its hard not to stop and level a bit at least in the beginning anyway.

Thinking about giving this a try soon, since I just finished going through Silver with a friend; him as an Inquisitor and me as a Shadow Warrior. It was the first time we had a Bargainer supporting us, and frankly, the entire run was too easy. We're starting again with a different set of characters because the two we were playing aren't holding our interest--that's how easy the SW and Inquisitor were to play. This Challenge seems like the perfect thing to make things more interesting.

The only question is...which character/build do I go with? Tri-Aspect Dryad? Pure Devout Temple Guardian? Pure CASTER Guardian? I just don't know... :unsure:

Any suggestions?

Thinking about giving this a try soon, since I just finished going through Silver with a friend; him as an Inquisitor and me as a Shadow Warrior. It was the first time we had a Bargainer supporting us, and frankly, the entire run was too easy. We're starting again with a different set of characters because the two we were playing aren't holding our interest--that's how easy the SW and Inquisitor were to play. This Challenge seems like the perfect thing to make things more interesting.

The only question is...which character/build do I go with? Tri-Aspect Dryad? Pure Devout Temple Guardian? Pure CASTER Guardian? I just don't know... :unsure:

Any suggestions?

How about this one?

Seraphim Build For Advanced Sacred 2 Players

Edited by lujate

Any suggestions?

How about this one?

Seraphim Build For Advanced Sacred 2 Players

Nice.....but I don't think so. The last set of characters my friend and I played (before the SW and Inquisitor, which were finished quickly) were a Seraphim and a Dryad--he was the Seraphim, and I was the Dryad. They were both fairly successful, if not hardcore. I might take a crack at this challenge with the build I used...after I play through some other characters.

As for the first character I'll try for this challenge.....I'm thinking Temple Guardian. A Pure Caster. No dabbling in the first aspect at all. Has such a thing been done yet?

Edit: I took a look in the Guides section, and the closest thing to what I have in mind is Woody's Speed Leveler Area of Effect Temple Guardian

Edited by MITZE

Well, my level 62 seraphim bit the dust against the 4th Guardian 2 times last night... in Silver... :whip:

I thought I had a good thing going since nothing in Silver really gave me much of a go... up to then. I think I got hit with a few crits, 'cause I got dropped to the floor from about 80% health. I thought I had poison resistance under control? And even my previous plan-on-the-fly seraphim & Shadow Warrior could stand toe to toe with all 4 Guardians and be able to pop a health potion here and there to continue to Gold - they were not even geared to resist certain damage types... just what ever was best overall at the time. But then, both of the before mentioned bit the dust against the 3rd Swirling Mist of Miasma :sigh:

Both deaths were while wielding 2 handed sword. When I switched over to sword and shield, things got easier - too little too late...

EDIT: Time for my plan-on-the-fly WIDD Inquisitor :butcher: Don't have much of a build strategy in mind here, all I know is to boost HP as much as possible!

AND Purifying Chastisement = :chef: X :oooo:

Edited by Scleameth

I consider the Nameless Guardians to be exponentially more dangerous than anything else in the game, particularly the last one. I have heard stories of the fourth one one-shotting godlike characters. I see the Guardians as the only real threat to my completing this challenge.