Boss battle query - Regarding Facetteleon

The boss is Facetteleon (Dryad island).

I've heard I need to destroy the circles around the boss' arena. They seem to be just part of the scenery - correct or no?

A bigger issue - This boss is using a health-leech when you are close. Now, I've been advised to stay at a distance to avoid this. However, I have 2 companions permanently accompanying me (from a broken quest). They always mob him and DO NOT DIE! Will he use them to leech from? Consequently, am I screwed?

I have never destroyed any circles before taking him down, I have heard of other people that had some companions with them and he used them to leech life from.

I don't know if you are screwed, but you can try to lure the companions out in a T-Energy lake to kill them off, have worked for me so maybe it works for you too.

I have never had to destroy anything but him.

I have read this somewhere about him sucking health from immortal followers. I don't remember ever having to hit a health pot for him, but at higher levels (plat or niob) he might be tough to kill if he is sucking health from your followers.

hmm.. no you don't need to destroy anything but the leech thing stinks

you can got fight him and see if you do so much damage he has no time to leech

but I don't know.. good luck

I hope you can get rid of your tag alongs

*looks sad*

I can't get rid of my damn followers, no matter what. I hate them - HATE THEM, but, I'll take some deep breaths and try to hit him hard and keep him on the move. It really is a bummer as this will totally stall my primary quest line if I cannot kill this little beastie.

Thanks anyway guys/gals.

• 4 weeks later...
*looks sad*

I can't get rid of my damn followers, no matter what. I hate them - HATE THEM, but, I'll take some deep breaths and try to hit him hard and keep him on the move. It really is a bummer as this will totally stall my primary quest line if I cannot kill this little beastie.

Thanks anyway guys/gals.

I have the exact same problem. Where did those guys come from, geez!!

Those two little desert guys trailing me everywhere are driving me crazy, because Facetteleon just leeches them like mad, and they won't die. Did anyone ever figure out a way around this? Is there a way to get rid of these little pests? Can't go any further in the game until I kill Face.

By the by, I have a level 41 Seraphim, and I'm playing on 360, Bronze.

That's a strange predicament sourrgrrl. Hmmm, the only thing I can think of that might be able to defeat this problem is to use a Life Leech % weapon against the Facet. Weapons that have the item modifier Leech life from opponents can make short work of a boss. You can buy these kinds of weapons but you'll need the Bargaining skill to help you find it at a Merchant. If you're a ranged character then look for Leech life from opponents on Star throwing weapons. If you are melee then look for it on only Two Handed weapons. Keep in mind there are two kinds of Life Leech. Leech life from opponents and Life leeched per hit. The Leech that is strongest, Leech life from opponents, can only be bought on two handed weapons.

Good luck!