I must be getting old

I've heard about this movie, but still haven't seen it yet. Supposed to be a classic... but there's so many movies coming out every year now...it's a pressure-ridden life we lead with all this focus what to watch... enough to cause heartburn

:P

gogo

p.s. Trust, Ninjavideo.net had a vampire pack that came out about a month and a bit ago. I'd forgotten how much I could get into a good ole cool vamp movie, until I had a look at John Carpenters' take on these toothy creatures and had even forgotten I had paid to see that one in the theatres!

:)

Still one of my favourites is Nosferatu from 1922. For 'From dusk till dawn' my wife uses to say they put in Selma Hayek for the boys and George Clooney for the girls, but there is no scene with Clooney half naked, what a waste....

Have to look up in the german forum which other eastereggs are there. I found a statue of a german soccer player named Prince Poldi who never won a major battle, I am sure there are hundreds more...

Seen Dusk til Dawn and pretty good movie though I gotta admit looking at Salma might have had a wee affect on how much I liked it.

Nosferatu was a great movie especially considering it came out in the 1920's. Actually got to watch it during an English class.

@locolagarto..the link for the trailer no worky

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am old, I haven't seen it but many people I know haven't seen Monty Python & the Holy Grail... and that makes no sense to me (the movie, and the fact no one has seen it).

Just because a movie is old doesn't mean it isn't good. Hollywood needs to be tied down and beaten into learning you don't make remakes of movies that are only 20 years old... Karate Kid, I am looking at you. Nor do we need a new movie about Merlin or Robin Hood every year. Be original for just once, please

I am old, I haven't seen it but many people I know haven't seen Monty Python & the Holy Grail... and that makes no sense to me (the movie, and the fact no one has seen it).

I've seen Monty Python & the Holy Grail somewhere between 17 and 21 times if I remember correctly. Laughed until I cried every single time.

Just because a movie is old doesn't mean it isn't good. Hollywood needs to be tied down and beaten into learning you don't make remakes of movies that are only 20 years old... Karate Kid, I am looking at you. Nor do we need a new movie about Merlin or Robin Hood every year. Be original for just once, please

They are making a remake of Karate Kid? I'm sure they would ruin it. His trainer taught him a few basic moves in a short amount of time. I'm sure that in updated version would have him going from wimp to Goku in under a month.

I've seen Monty Python & the Holy Grail somewhere between 17 and 21 times if I remember correctly. Laughed until I cried every single time.

They are making a remake of Karate Kid? I'm sure they would ruin it. His trainer taught him a few basic moves in a short amount of time. I'm sure that in updated version would have him going from wimp to Goku in under a month.

Well is stars Jackie Chan as the master. I think it might be pretty good. the kid in the first was kind of a geek. this new appears to take a cool kid out of his element and into the frying pan. Jackie comes along to teach him to face his enemies. Probably will spoil the original series, but Jackie Chan will make the new one entertaining

To the initial topic -- maybe you are getting old. I know the movie well, and I'm on the high side of 50 - hehe.

But I remember it as a comedy :) .

I watched the movie in the theatre when it came out.

They had some kind of mechanical breakdown (or a disgruntled employee). It was -20C inside the theatre. (-4F for USians). It was cold! We got free passes for another movie due to the cold.

My favourite part of the movie was the barker outside the TT bar. Cheech or Chong? Don't know which... but he was absolutely hilarious... I just about fell out of my chair I was laughing so hard.

I did find the movie graphically violent... But it is a Taratino film...

I bought it on VHS when it was released. I'm sure I'd still find it funny today. (at least the barker scenes).

Cheech Marin is his name. usually the comedic side kick in all his stuff, I like him too. and the Barker is so unexpected you can't help but find it funny, even if is rude, distasteful and just plain nasty. It is roll on the floor funny. I think I read somewhere Robert Rodriguez gave Cheech the freedom to just make something up. so Cheech decided it would be funny to figure out how many time he could say "p&%@$y" with out cracking himself up

• 2 weeks later...
A couple of my friends I talk to say " Nope haven't seen it" And I am like "Really" I must have watched it till it wore out.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116367/

Maybe that was my infatuation with Salma Hayek. OMG!

See ya at the Twitty Tister! :D

You feel old my namesake is Madmartigan from the movie Willow! I feel your pain rofl!

A couple of my friends I talk to say " Nope haven't seen it" And I am like "Really" I must have watched it till it wore out.

You feel old my namesake is Madmartigan from the movie Willow! I feel your pain rofl!

oh that takes me back. Wow early 80's maybe. haven't see that one in a looooong time. Mathew Brodrick was it? Before or after War Games? :)

oh that takes me back. Wow early 80's maybe. haven't see that one in a looooong time. Mathew Brodrick was it? Before or after War Games? :)

Lol it was actually Val Kilmer and it was after war games if I recollect correctly!