I made the leap to Sacred 2 PC from Console

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phew!! Finally made it. All patched up to 2.43. Got to play some today on SP hardcore. started a HE Ice-coup and she's at level 8. only about a thousand levels to go! :evil:

Still searching my way through all the new GUI and controls. Inventory seems difficult. cool having everything right there but seems like you cant carry as much. Xbox inventory is more organized, even if it does take longer to find what you need. Its always right where you left it.

Trying to decide if Char movement is easier with keys or mouse. Seems like I'm doing almost everything with mouse right now. and clicking the Q key for collects.

Now you just need to make the jump to Ice and Blood. :(

I personally use WASD to move.

Here are a couple of keyboard tricks that would have helped me to learn the PC controls quicker.

Control + left quick = quick sell in shops or to "trash" sell things in the field.

Alt = allows you to compare your current equipment to the piece of equipment that you are hovering over with the mouse. Also displays the loot on the ground.

spacebar = your best friend in HC -- feed that health pot addiction :evil:

F12 = teleports you to the start island to shop with a single keystroke!

Q = picks up all the tasty loot.

Ice and Blood introduces a quick cast option that allows you to execute a Combat Art with the hotkey for a combat art slot -- perfect for nontargeted Area of Effect Combat Arts and castable buffs.

Now I feel like going over to PC... Which is wierd after reading bout loc's problems ;p

Tell me what u guys think... (have to spend like 1000$ to get comp up to date!) ;D

PC or console... which is more fun?

I just went the way of the pc with loco. The Holos Burger Brothers are mainstream now. Still have to figure out how the controls work but I'll get used to it. As far as spending 1000k I'd have to stay console. As it is I need to get an upgraded vid card. But it works for now

Still too early for me to decide. But here are some of my observations.

a crap hot video card is essential if you want the same quality of graphics you get on console.

My first impression is that Xbox is far simpler. Wish I could you a game controller!! I had everything and my finder tips and playing FPS and 3rd person RPGs on Xbox is simpler.

you can start a character with 12 Combat Art/Weapon slots on xbox from level 1 instead of 2 slots on PC

6 relics on Xbox instead of 3 on PC.

And I learned the inventory faster on Xbox.

I hate that I can't jump to any active portal on the map from any location.

the sound and visual effects on PC seem better.

some of the menus on pc like the Combat Art screen I like because you have access to the Mod screen and Skills choices all the time on PC instead just when you have a mod point to use like on Xbox.

I miss my carrier imp. :)

Haven't really figured out the online stuff yet. will work on that.

• 4 months later...

Wow this was a while ago. Well the good news is Ice and Blood give u a carrier imp, and extra weapon and Combat Art slots. And all the challenges I think I had adjusting to pc are long fogotten.

Wow this was a while ago. Well the good news is Ice and Blood give u a carrier imp, and extra weapon and Combat Art slots. And all the challenges I think I had adjusting to pc are long fogotten.

It came up in my search on the issues I was having installing this weekend and helped me out a bit.

It came up in my search on the issues I was having installing this weekend and helped me out a bit.

Did you get yourself all setup?

I'm strongly considering making this same leap, although I will be less inclined to do so if I will need to make any upgrades to my laptop...

Do you think this will be sufficient:

IBM Thinkpad T60

256MB ATI Raedon Video card

1GB RAM

20.8G free HD space

Intel T2300@1.66Ghz, 980 Mhz

I made the switch from the 360 to the PC a while back and it took me a bit to get used to but I like it better now. One question I have though is there a way to stack more than 20 of each potion on the PC? The 360 would stack them all into on slot but the PC makes this harder to manage. Also is there any way to sort runes? Or a way to move multiple runes at a time from you inventory to a chest? It's a real pain to transfer those one at a time when you have a lot you want to move.

Did you get yourself all setup?

Yup. It did not like me trying to install in the non-default directory. The pc version is SO pretty, I can't see myself firing up the ps3 version again.

• 11 months later...

Well, I made the leap, and I found the water to be frigid and un-inviting. My first thought was, "this sucks, I am going back to my ps3".

I hope it gets better, but the controls seem severely lacking.

Well, I made the leap, and I found the water to be frigid and un-inviting. My first thought was, "this sucks, I am going back to my ps3".

I hope it gets better, but the controls seem severely lacking.

You will find that in time you will come to prefer them. I know I was a dedicated double thumb console player and the WASD and mouse movements and aiming took a bit to get used to. But in time, having seperate keys( 5 weapons,5 Combat art buttons, and 3 buff Vs the 4 button with left trigger and right trigger shifts becomes more usable than it first seams. As well many of the "features" on the console version have been patched out making the game-play somewhat more challenging. (and more rewarding, now you have a chance at legendaries!).

And ranged attacks are now actually aim-able. consoles distance attacks were severely lacking. now you just pick your target and click on it. And the bugged Bats in the swamp no longer have 100% chance to evade ranged attack. you can actually hit them with ranged weapons now.

cheers

lol, jujate, I was just gonna say that if Loco comes to this topic, he'd be able to give you the best comparison as he was completely in your shoes.

And ta dah! speak of the devil! :lol:

I am, of course, glad you made it over to this gaming side of PC with us, and want to assure you , it is most definitely not cold, tepid or frigid within the steaming bowls of poutine (yes you identified it correctly on the last time I offered you some!) we offer all our guests and friends.

Welcome!

:)

gogo

Sorry about that guys. I should have taken a longer time-out.

(That way, I could have saved my whining for something important, like the fact that using a CA triggers regen of every aspect, not just the aspect used :eek:).

Edited by lujate

Sorry about that guys. I should have taken a longer time-out.

(That way, I could have saved my whining for something important, like the fact that using a CA triggers regen of every aspect, not just the aspect used :eek:).

That's actually something you can turn off - but you have to do it when you create the character. It's called "Expert Touch" and it can be turned off by clicking the icon to the right of the button that changes the game from hardcore to softcore. It's an advantage, apparently, for those who are only using one aspect only in their builds. It's also supposed to make the regen faster as well.

lol

:hugs:

heh, as Wolfie posted, up above,expert regen is a feature of PC. I've found it to be agreat strategy, depending on how you want to build out regarding chosen aspects and where you want to power your regens from.

It has a lot to do with how we're going to create the build. On PC there are a lot of extras... keep discovering Lujate, we're here to post help and answer!

:bounce:

gogo

To be precise, the 'Expert Touch' is a feature of Ice and Blood. I was a bit surprised with it too when I switched from the original Fallen Angel to add-on. But since it can be turned off, it really is a feature.

One more thing to add is about the graphics. I saw Sacred 2 running on three different PCs and always had a different impression on how it looks. I saw the description of your machine in the Linux thread, and therefore I assume that you can't run the game with all options on. From what I saw, I can say that the difference is noticeable.

But anyway, welcome to the PC Sacred 2. This version is at least more stable after all the patches and CM fixes more and more bugs with every release.

Expert Touch sounds like it will be a good thing in the long run. Just starting out with a HE, I am used to cycling through Cobalt Strike, Blazing Tempest and Glacial Thorns to compensate for the sky-high regen times. Now I actually have to use a weapon. I did not see that on the creation screen, but I also missed HC (I must confess I did not exactly stop to smell the roses).

I am still getting used to WASD and the inventory, but everything else is great. The TAB map and Pause, :thumbsup:. What is the "`" key supposed to do? I hit it by mistake when I was going for the 1 key and lost half my screen. I did not know what caused it, so I starting hitting keys one at a time.

Silver_fox, I am running with all of the defaults. The game plays fine, but now that you mention it, I do not recall ever seeing it rain. C'est la vie! I am OK with 60º and sunshine. :)

Edited by lujate

you can also move around without using the WASD. I use the Mouse to move about just hold down the left button. granted this also takes some getting used to. I never could get comfortable using the WASD. I do however use the A and D to move the camera view for a better look. My camera is on follow so it just swings around behind me.

I like the idea of being able to move and target independently, so I am going to try and learn WASD.

How do I go about getting screen shots of my logbook and dialogs? When I try, I do not get the pop-up windows.

You may either use some external program to capture the screen, or to do it in a stupid but working way - press 'Print Screen', then Alt-Tab, launch any graphic software (Paint for example) and press Ctrl+v (paste).

Are you gathering some info for the wiki?