I made the leap to Sacred 2 PC from Console

I use WASD and mouse.

I find I can get pin point accuracy of my playing.

Plus I like camera angles and surprise crazy shots:

Don't touch my Blowpipe!

dont-1.jpg

I find I can dive the camera in and out while spinning it around using both hands, and my mouse fires off all the CA Combos. Keeps the game alive for me ^^

:)

gogo

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may either use some external program to capture the screen, or to do it in a stupid but working way - press 'Print Screen', then Alt-Tab, launch any graphic software (Paint for example) and press Ctrl+v (paste).

Are you gathering some info for the wiki?

I will be. I am just trying to figure out how so I will know what to do when I get there. Unfortunately, the in-game screenshots remove everything but the characters and the landscape. When I do a Print Screen and paste into Paint, I get a large, all black square. I even tried re-mapping the in-game screenshot to a different key in case it was interfering.

I use WASD and mouse.

I find I can get pin point accuracy of my playing.

Plus I like camera angles and surprise crazy shots:

Don't touch my Blowpipe!

dont-1.jpg

I find I can dive the camera in and out while spinning it around using both hands, and my mouse fires off all the CA Combos. Keeps the game alive for me ^^

:)

gogo

I will settle for just moving and shooting at the same time. Too much camera craziness and I will be :sick:

Edit:

I found that Windows 7 includes a Snipping Tool but it also does not work. I think if I play in windowed mode I can get screen shots. I will have to experiment and see what happens.

How do I know where I am going to start when I load my game? Earlier this evening I finally managed to kill the Kobold Chieftan. I had to leave immediately, do I did a Save and Exit. When I started up again, I was in the kobold camp surrounded by a swarm of angry kobolds.

Edited by lujate

That must be some specifics of Win7. Both machines where I play Sacred 2 run with WinXP and that trick with paint works on them. So, you'd have to install some external tool, like Xfire or Fraps to take screens. Maybe running in windowed would help you to get a better control over such a tool, but it's not necessary (and full-screen works faster). By the way, can you do some post-processing of the pics - in Gimp for example. I already noticed that the dialog and log pics need to be saved to jpeg with a high quality, or the amount of jpeg artifact around the text is awful.

As for the save place - there are two save methods. The standart one with saving and respawning near the obelisks and the one with saving the position. If you ever (not necessary before the exit, just in any time of a game session) pressed the save button (F7 by default in the latest Ice and Blood and F9 in earlier versions) the game would remember the place where you pressed it and respawn you there. It's convenient to be able to save where you want, not only on the check points. You just need to be careful with where you save. The game remembers only one position, so you would be respawned in the place where you last pressed the save button. If you pressed it and then do save-and-exit, you'd be respawned where you last pressed the save button too.

Another new feature... The save change will be helpful now that I know how it works. Thanks

I did a Google search, and the print screen issue seems to be an issue with Windows 7. Google is where I found out about the Snipping Tool and running in windowed mode. I have started a new thread regarding the Windows 7/screenshot issue.

I have GIMP and know how to crop and resize. I always save using the defaults. Are there some specific settings I should use?

Edit:

I am on my Droid right now. I will look at those tools when I am back on my pc.

Edited by lujate

Let's see how the issue would be solved. But maybe you really should try some of the freeware programs for gamers.

As for the picture quality, I'm not exactly sure how the settings would be in Gimp, since I bought myself a Photoshop license quite a long time ago. And the settings would depend of the screen quality you'd manage to get (it's pointless to save the cropped image with a better settings than the initial picture quality was). As for me, I initially save to bmp and after cropping the image save to jpg with quality set to 10 of 12 (I'm not sure how this setting looks in Gimp, but pretty sure that it should be somewhere) or to non-interlaced png with the transparent background for the dialogs. But you may develop your own standarts if you want to. The only size standarts that are present on the wiki now are for the bestiary images, so most of the time you won't need to resize the images.

There are some topics about illustrations used in wiki. Maybe you'll find them useful, maybe not, but anyway, I'll list them here: Image Upload Categories discussion, Making Game Videos(it's possible to add a video to your description, but it's not a must) and maybe Quest Template Revision, where we discussed all the things that are in the current quest template.

Edited by Silver_fox

I'm really sorry for spamming you with all that info. It probably seems confusing now. That's just... when I started working on the wiki, I oftenly did some editing to the page, then walked into some info and realised that the page was wrong - so I had to redo the pages I made before. Since I had to redo quite a lot of pages I created (and there are still some things I need to edit and redo), I don't want others to have to go through this. So I just wanted to link to all the info that was useful to me some time ago. As for all this thing about the picture quality - you may not bother youself thinking about it, if you don't want to. That's how I do it, since I always try to make the text on the pictures look neat and clear, but that's not a must.