I made the leap to Sacred 2 PC from Console

Alright! I have officially become a dual wielder. Both Xbox and PC-UK versions. the draw of ice and blood was too strong.

The install went ok. having trouble navigating in the new program. After a 1000 hours on Xbox the PC seems so foriegn to me.

Says its ver. 2.02 build 1376. Where do I download the updates?

Tried logging into online. Set up my username as locolagato. but when I tried to go to online lobby. it asked me for a nick name. wouldn't let me do anything. when I put in my locolagarto is said error 71: username already taken. very confused about this part.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the multi-platform club! The PC interface take a bit of getting used to but that does not take long. See you on the servers!

You got that right! How do I get to the servers? thought it looked pretty straight forward. but could get it done. shame on Xbox for makin stuff easy.

Pick multiplayer from the first menu then closed from the second menu. The first time that you log in you have to create a username and password and I think enter your key again. Do you have Ice and Blood?

Pick multiplayer from the first menu then closed from the second menu. The first time that you log in you have to create a username and password and I think enter your key again. Do you have Ice and Blood?

Got that far. not B&I yet. what next?

After that you can log in and you will see your available character slots. You then create a character which will then appear in one of the slots. Select this character and then select "enter lobby". At this point you can see who is also in the lobby and be able to chat. The availiable servers will be on the left side of the screen including the button to create your own game. You can create your own game, enter someone else's game or enter one of the "permanent" servers that are always present.

After that you can log in and you will see your available character slots. You then create a character which will then appear in one of the slots. Select this character and then select "enter lobby". At this point you can see who is also in the lobby and be able to chat. The availiable servers will be on the left side of the screen including the button to create your own game. You can create your own game, enter someone else's game or enter one of the "permanent" servers that are always present.

Can a SP offline Char be used online? or will the Online char be it. I started a seraphim offline to get acquainted with the game. Be when I went online and tried to select seraphim it said Char already exists? an when you create new char can you give them unique names like we do on Xbox.

You will have to create new characters if you want to play on closed net. You can name you character whatever you want just as Spunky says but you cannot change the name of a character once it is created.

Start with the 2.10 patch and work your way through all the patches.

got up to 2.12 but next patch I find is 2.34. and it wont install. I am missing at least 1 patch and can't find it. Sacred sight is a bust. Any body have the complete list of file names and where to find them?

Andrew, this is awesome, great news!

There`s a few peeps now that have come over to play on EU servers, and Ansgard, me and Schot are now finally in the Ice and Blood.

I`m hoping with the new peeps here we can all reconnoiter this weekend with Clan and new friends of DarkMatters in Ice and Blood.

Been a bit of a hiatus, but I think we`re gonna have a great time.

:D

gogo

Andrew, this is awesome, great news!

There`s a few peeps now that have come over to play on EU servers, and Ansgard, me and Schot are now finally in the Ice and Blood.

I`m hoping with the new peeps here we can all reconnoiter this weekend with Clan and new friends of DarkMatters in Ice and Blood.

Been a bit of a hiatus, but I think we`re gonna have a great time.

gogo

Gonna take me awhile to get situated. Completely different GUI and Controls. been playing exclusively on console for years now. trying to sort through all the updates using sacredupdater. taking quite some time to do. once I get up to date and get a character built I'll let yu guys know. then it will have to be Ice and Blood after that. I think the hardest part is giving up my recliner and 46" Sony HD with Harmon Kardon/ Wharfedale home theater sound system for a desk chair and 19" LCD.

Gonna take me awhile to get situated. Completely different GUI and Controls. been playing exclusively on console for years now. trying to sort through all the updates using sacredupdater. taking quite some time to do. once I get up to date and get a character built I'll let yu guys know. then it will have to be Ice and Blood after that. I think the hardest part is giving up my recliner and 46" Sony HD with Harmon Kardon/ Wharfedale home theater sound system for a desk chair and 19" LCD.

So true, except mine was a Lazyboy recliner, a Samsung 48' and Bose surround sound system. I have to say that I no longer miss playing on my xbox, The PC version has me completely hooked.

Does anybody know if control functions can be mapped to a windows compatible joystick?

I read on the SIF once that this game does not have controller support. I could not even get my configurable mouse to work properly.

Edit: fixed typo

Edited by Ansgar

I hope we can all hook up this weekend. I have to run a Dryad/Shopper all the way to at least level 160, and being able to level up with all the new players would be fantastic.

gogo

After downloading and installing the first update manually, I've been using the sacredupdater to do the rest. seemed good untill I got to the 2.31 to 2.34 update. it ran a fille check and says I have changed files. do I try again, takes at least 45Min using updater.

Sorry but so far the PC experience has been nothing but frustration.

After downloading and installing the first update manually, I've been using the sacredupdater to do the rest. seemed good untill I got to the 2.31 to 2.34 update. it ran a fille check and says I have changed files. do I try again, takes at least 45Min using updater.

Sorry but so far the PC experience has been nothing but frustration.

I manually installed each patch because I did not even know about the auto-updater. I was lucky and did not have any problems.

Well I will try to answer all the stuff you asked.

If you cant make the proper update I recommend starting over. uninstall the game reinstall it and then go to sacred wiki.

Used download the patch there and use the to get the game from its start version to the newest.

Sacred wiki patch section pls note that you need to download and use the patch for your UK vesion.

Once this is done go online and log in your account. When you log in make a new character. Chose a name for your toon the name selection area is in the upper right corner of the screen. This will solve the problem you had when you tried to log in till now. Since the default name for each character is there class like seraphim or HE and so on. So if you dont change the name it will give you that return message. Pls note that you cant use your user name as a toon name ether since that word has been given as your account user name.

This should get you in game. :)

OMG! another whole day of baby sitting this stupid thing. I started out this morning with and unistall and reinstall. then 2.10 manual download. used updater up to 2.31. never started the game once. now 2.34 says I have changed files. I guess I'll start over tomorrow. this must be some kind of initiation torture. you don't get to play until you've wasted days just trying to get updates.

By the way I could not find a manual patch for 2.12-2.31 anywhere. only way I could do it was updater.