Sacred 2 Portals

I did try searching to see if I could find one. I got lots of hits, but none of them appeared to be what I was looking for.

The reason I am asking is because I think some may have been added in one of the patches or in the expansion. I noticed that there is now a portal at the Archeologists camp when I started working on the "Something Wonderful" quest (also known as The Empty Office). The map on Wolfe's Lair for this quest does not show a portal there. I'm pretty sure it wasn't the first few times I did the main quest.

Has anyone compiled a complete list of portals in the game?

The portal has always been in the archeologist camp, there was some added in the patches but I'm not sure which one as it's a long time ago.

The portal has always been in the archeologist camp, there was some added in the patches but I'm not sure which one as it's a long time ago.

The portal in the Archeologist camp was not there when Wolfe and friends put together the very well done Empty Office tutorial. If it had been, it would show up on the map in her tutorial. Also, that location is closer than the portal in Na"Fian. It must have been added in one of the early patches, since you do not recall never having not seen it.

I think it would be helpful to compile a complete list of portals at this point, if someone has not already done so.

The boss map should have all the portals and it could be handy to have a listing of them on the wiki as well. Maybe under the title of "Tranportation"?

That's a good idea Brad. Problem is, we'd have to come up with names for all the portals. Do portals do in fact have names per se? Or would we have to come up with them like we did for the dragons? If they have names, actually listing them would be kind of neat, and then linking them to their locations on Brad's map would be reverse engineering what was done with portal locations on Schot's Map of Ancaria.

:)

gogo

That's a good idea Brad. Problem is, we'd have to come up with names for all the portals. Do portals do in fact have names per se? Or would we have to come up with them like we did for the dragons? If they have names, actually listing them would be kind of neat, and then linking them to their locations on Brad's map would be reverse engineering what was done with portal locations on Schot's Map of Ancaria.

gogo

As far as naming goes, the (location name) gate would probably be the best naming. I think that is what shows up when I hover my mouse over a portal in game too.

Is it something that serves a purpose, or are you just adding it because you can?

Places of Ancaria seems like a reasonable place to put it.

I think we can benefit from both here, there are a kabillion ways of expressing data and useful information. A list with links back to the map can/will be useful.

The place you mentioned to add this is a good idea Antitrust, thanks for this Ysne58.

gogo

Is it something that serves a purpose, or are you just adding it because you can?

Places of Ancaria seems like a reasonable place to put it.

I think we can benefit from both here, there are a kabillion ways of expressing data and useful information. A list with links back to the map can/will be useful.

The place you mentioned to add this is a good idea Antitrust, thanks for this Ysne58.

gogo

I do plan to go through this quest again because I will have a better idea of how best to complete it for me. I will start adding the information about the individual employees, and tips on how to find them for the tricky ones, to the places pages that already exist at that time, which will probably be the week after next.

As far as the portals go, as soon as I have a the map better explored, I will list them here. I'm not good at taking screen shots and don't even have the programs installed yet on this new hard drive so that I can open up the Sacred 2 .tga files. If someone is interested, I can always pm or email the tga files so that he or she can get put the files in a format that is compatible with the wiki and upload them.

all portals have 'names' though some are the same as the city or village they reside in. If you were to add rebirth portals then you would have to come up with a naming scheme

all portals have 'names' though some are the same as the city or village they reside in. If you were to add rebirth portals then you would have to come up with a naming scheme

Those are resurrection points or "soul stones" in I & B. I'm only talking about the portals.

I've come across the perfect example for what you're after Ysne. Surprisingly enough it's been on our wiki all along. :)

Portals

You could follow that page and use it as a guide for creating a new one for the Portals page which hasn't been created yet.

I've come across the perfect example for what you're after Ysne. Surprisingly enough it's been on our wiki all along. :P

Portals

You could follow that page and use it as a guide for creating a new one for the Portals page which hasn't been created yet.

I knew I had seen something like that somewhere. I just couldn't remember where. And yes, I will use that format when I am ready to work on it, unless someone else gets to it first. I will also make sure portals are listed in places pages where appropriate.